Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9077 9078 [9079] 9080 9081 ... 10979

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13134870 times)

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #136170 on: July 31, 2018, 06:49:19 pm »

I think my brakes are bad, let me go check it on this steep incline.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #136171 on: July 31, 2018, 09:16:27 pm »

So, when is someone gonna bring Entropia Universe into this discussion?

I remember being at a party ~15 years ago and a friend of a friend raving about this game..... right down to selling the space stations for a kajillion dollars and "sweating" animals. I thought for sure it was some kind of scam or something and dismissed it, and forgot about it until just now. Turns out it was actually a real game and it even still exists!

Thanks for solving one my life's tiny mysteries.

An ambush! curse all friends of nature!

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #136172 on: July 31, 2018, 10:15:22 pm »

Love those moments when work calls halfway through your sleep to offer you a shift again for the upcoming night which you’re now underslept for.

And then later reveals that another team had filled the shift before they called so it’s all null and void.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2018, 10:22:18 pm by Tack »
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136173 on: August 01, 2018, 12:12:15 am »

I just got a summons for jury duty. I wonder whether I'll get selected, and whether it'll be a case of Arson, Murder, or Jaywalking.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #136174 on: August 01, 2018, 12:22:20 am »

« Last Edit: August 01, 2018, 01:35:49 am by Ultimuh »

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #136175 on: August 01, 2018, 12:55:33 am »

I just got a summons for jury duty. I wonder whether I'll get selected, and whether it'll be a case of Arson, Murder, or Jaywalking.

Me too. Maybe it's the same case :P

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #136176 on: August 01, 2018, 02:00:28 am »

Please ensure the hammerer has a foam hammer. Don't waste a valuable human if that's the case.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
  • I must be going senile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #136177 on: August 01, 2018, 06:32:30 am »

Me too. Maybe it's the same case :P

We've had a couple of jury-duty cases at work recently. The first one was couple of lunatics falsely claiming abuse.  Apparently their stories were totally garbled and obviously false, so it got thrown out of court.  The next one was a murder most foul and they were convicted.  Either or.
I agree with Urist. Steampunk is like Darth Vader winning Holland's Next Top Model. It would be awesome but not something I'd like in this game.
Unfortunately dying involves the amputation of the entire body from the dwarf.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #136178 on: August 01, 2018, 08:37:19 am »

Please ensure the hammerer has a foam hammer. Don't waste a valuable human if that's the case.
Does make me wonder what the best material for a hammerer's hammer would be, if using dwarf fortress materials (and not wood).
I somehow don't think it would be silver. Maybe copper or aluminium?
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #136179 on: August 01, 2018, 08:43:40 am »

Does make me wonder what the best material for a hammerer's hammer would be, if using dwarf fortress materials (and not wood).
If you use DF materials but not techniques, you can use a hollow aluminium hammer reinforced from the inside with a few aluminium rods. Should be very light.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #136180 on: August 01, 2018, 09:02:40 am »

adamantine, if by 'best material' you mean the least lethal.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2018, 09:05:20 am by Caz »

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136181 on: August 01, 2018, 09:55:25 am »

-snip-
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 02:04:51 pm by dragdeler »
let

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #136182 on: August 01, 2018, 12:37:37 pm »

Four steaks fall onto the ground. Well shit. It happens. Take stock of their weight, and trash it.

Four steaks fall onto the ground. Older coworker, thinks that it is FUCKING OK TO JUST DUST THAT SHIT OFF AND TRY TO SELL IT. FUCK. NO. THAT is NOT OK.

The bastard even had the nerve to try to tell me that's not what he was planning to do. HE PUT A FREAKING LABEL ON IT! GRAH! If my meat doesn't do anything about this, I might have to. God am I PISSED.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #136183 on: August 01, 2018, 01:09:01 pm »

The question is, what is best? From the players perspective? Then Adamantium, it's literally the lightest metal, period, and would do the least damage. It's 0.200 g/cm3.

From the perspective of a justice system? Well, is hammering supposed to be lethal or just a "punishment" like whipping? If the former, then platinum (21.40 g/cm3), the most weighty material in DF, although gold and rose gold are within 5-10% of platinum density. 19.32 g/cm3 for both of them. Special mention goes to silver at 10.49 g/cm3, and is the most weighty 'weapons-grade' metal that you could normally use. A platinum hammer is only available through a[n un?]lucky artefact, but if we're not talking in-game techniques but only material properties, then you'd be able to make a platinum hammer, no problem.

If it's simply for punishment, then you'd want something between aluminum and steel; there's a large gap in DF densities, with aluminum at 2.7 g/cm3 and the next dense is tin and the pewters at 7.28 g/cm3, with steel at 7.85 g/cm3.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2018, 01:13:07 pm by Descan »
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #136184 on: August 01, 2018, 01:16:07 pm »

Four steaks fall onto the ground. Well shit. It happens. Take stock of their weight, and trash it.

Four steaks fall onto the ground. Older coworker, thinks that it is FUCKING OK TO JUST DUST THAT SHIT OFF AND TRY TO SELL IT. FUCK. NO. THAT is NOT OK.

The bastard even had the nerve to try to tell me that's not what he was planning to do. HE PUT A FREAKING LABEL ON IT! GRAH! If my meat doesn't do anything about this, I might have to. God am I PISSED.
I've heard fun stories from people working in restaurants.

Four steaks fall onto the ground. Don't you DARE throw out those perfectly good steaks, you're WASTING PRODUCT and COSTING US MONEY.
Pages: 1 ... 9077 9078 [9079] 9080 9081 ... 10979