Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9119 9120 [9121] 9122 9123 ... 10190

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 7328261 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • Its shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #136800 on: August 19, 2018, 05:59:53 pm »

Has your girlfriend imbibed some fermented grain water within the past few hours?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136801 on: August 19, 2018, 06:04:04 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I have two better pictures of it climbing the wall but I can't get them to work atm.

So, eh, you're telling me you're not consumed with terror every second of the day?

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #136802 on: August 19, 2018, 06:06:58 pm »

Nah, agonizing and horrible death by asphyxiation due to a sting from an insect is a thought I've lived with since four years of age.

I live in a death world with the inspiration for Xenomorphs living in my door and I'm fucking bored every day.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #136803 on: August 19, 2018, 06:07:19 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I have two better pictures of it climbing the wall but I can't get them to work atm.

So, eh, you're telling me you're not consumed with terror every second of the day?

That's my secret, Cap.

I'm always consumed with terror every second of the day.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136804 on: August 19, 2018, 07:34:30 pm »

Anyways, one of the 'useful/common' phrases that got repeated here was "What does 'car' mean in English?", which I'm struggling to find a way of fitting into the conversation.

You're supposed to substitute the Vietnamese for 'car' with whatever other Vietnamese word you don't understand. It is a useful phrase, but of course you can't see a way it fits into the conversation until you actually talk to a Vietnamese person and they say some word you don't understand.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #136805 on: August 19, 2018, 08:18:31 pm »

Thủy phi cơ của ti c nhiều lươn
Love, scriver~

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #136806 on: August 19, 2018, 08:44:56 pm »

Thủy phi f'tagn
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #136807 on: August 19, 2018, 08:50:49 pm »

WWF has noble goals, but I'd rather donate to developmental aid, instead of having my donations go to arming park rangers to shoot poachers.
Now if all poachers were hardy criminals, I wouldn't really mind, but the sad reality is that a some of them poachers are just 12 year old kids who are driven to poaching out of poverty.
Better donate to improving their situation so they don't need to poach than to support killing them.
Enough bullets will improve their personal situation 100% though.
That's kind of tongue in cheek, but I honestly do not understand your reasoning... I don't believe humans are considered an endangered species in any part of the world.

Re: outcry about horse painting: yeah, that is phenomenally stupid. As long as the kids are controlled so that they aren't jamming their pens up the horse's nose or jabbing too hard or being noisy, what's the big deal?

"Would you subject yourself to this kind of treatment?"
They should have gone straight to asking if anybody would subject themselves to being rode on.
Exactly. That's gotta be the worst possible argument they coulda used.
Next they'll be trying to tell us that cows, pigs, chickens et al are actually a bunch of vorephiles. :P
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #136808 on: August 19, 2018, 08:51:40 pm »

Thủy phi f'tagn
Fifteen dollars for both of us?
Viva Pinata establishes that the things bothering you in life are weeds that have to be killed. Bejewelled puts you into a coldly calculating mindset. In KSP you learn how to build and operate a ballistic missile.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136809 on: August 19, 2018, 08:56:14 pm »

Re: outcry about horse painting: yeah, that is phenomenally stupid. As long as the kids are controlled so that they aren't jamming their pens up the horse's nose or jabbing too hard or being noisy, what's the big deal?

It's still not as dumb as the protests against the Kimono wearing things at the museum, because "cultural appropriation". Note: the Kimono wearing was actually sponsored by a group representing Kimono manufacturers, because sales are dying out in Japan, and getting other nations interested in Kimonos is a survival necessity.

It seems the protestors would prefer that other cultures completely die out rather than let elements of them be "appropriated" by western people. The protesting is clearly cultural self-hate rather than giving a flying fuck about Kimonos (Japanese Americans were not represented among the protestors).
« Last Edit: August 19, 2018, 09:00:12 pm by Reelya »

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #136810 on: August 19, 2018, 08:59:52 pm »

There isn't much in this world that's as stupid as people who complain about "cultural appropriation".

Edit: I was actually thinking how good it would be to own a kimono just the other day. I could straighten and comb my hair, wrap it into some sort of queue/topknot, maybe jab some chopsticks in there for good measure... it would be quite a look.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2018, 09:02:37 pm by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136811 on: August 19, 2018, 09:02:56 pm »

Oh shit, something we agree on? I need to fix that.

... I had some cage eggs today, they were delicious because they're flavored by the salty chicken tears.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #136812 on: August 19, 2018, 09:04:36 pm »

Do those taste noticeably different from the tears soaking your body pillow, you filthy weeb? :P
Booze is Life for Yoink

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUEVESA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #136813 on: August 19, 2018, 09:43:35 pm »

To combine both topics somehow:  I totally appropriated (with currency) a can of boiled quail eggs from the local asian market.  They were amazing.

I also restocked on TVP and dry beans, but a little meat cloaca discharge goes a long way...

Edit:  Oh shoot I forgot my reason for posting: 
There isn't much in this world that's as stupid as people who complain about "cultural appropriation".

Edit: I was actually thinking how good it would be to own a kimono just the other day. I could straighten and comb my hair, wrap it into some sort of queue/topknot, maybe jab some chopsticks in there for good measure... it would be quite a look.
This sounds like a lot of fun!  Even just the hair part, heh!
« Last Edit: August 19, 2018, 09:45:57 pm by Rolan7 »
They/them
how can one person be so incorrect
Defenders delenda est

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • Its shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #136814 on: August 19, 2018, 11:37:13 pm »

Oh shit, something we agree on? I need to fix that.

... I had some cage eggs today, they were delicious because they're flavored by the salty chicken tears.
Do those taste noticeably different from the tears soaking your body pillow, you filthy weeb? :P

I laughed, cause youre both silly. And descended from criminals, luls.

My wtf is how much easier Vanilla Rimworld is with the Classic storyteller as opposed to the random one. Ive researched pretty much everything which isnt Spacer tech and Im quickly running out of ideas.

I dont even have proper defenses really.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.
Pages: 1 ... 9119 9120 [9121] 9122 9123 ... 10190