Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9079 9080 [9081] 9082 9083 ... 10974

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 12999077 times)

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #136200 on: August 01, 2018, 09:59:33 pm »

'shit don't you dare use that 3bay sink. 2 are for the other department exclusively'.  assholes don't know what a 5 station sink is
I can't even begin to imagine how they'd react to as many as 12 bays.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #136201 on: August 01, 2018, 10:58:14 pm »

har harr you

When you earnestly consider going somewhere that pays less but provides better standards, you may dislike your job
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #136202 on: August 02, 2018, 02:06:28 am »

I like my job and if I got paid only food and board as an entertainment consultant and gigolo on a cruise ship for gymnasts, I'd probably take it.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #136203 on: August 02, 2018, 03:35:56 am »

will not hesitate to throw out hundreds of dollars
Yeah, so about that.  I work in retail, in a store that has a grocery department but other departments as well.  We get most of our products from our own warehouses.  But we get food from another company.  As a result we use two different apps for inventory, one for food, one for everything else.  I don't work with the food at all.

Two months ago a manager for the grocery side of things told me about a computer problem they were having.  So apparently when they received the trucks with the food it wasn't updating the on-hand counts.  So the computer would be like, oh, you need frozen pizzas.  So the next truck has frozen pizzas.  But as far as the system is concerned we never actually got them.  So next time it sends more pizzas.  Forever.  The system is fully automatic.  This had been going on for a month.

Our store manager is, well he's an idiot in some ways.  He told the grocery people that we can't cancel trucks we can only turn them away, because canceling trucks looks very bad to corporate.  Unfortunately my store is very busy and miserable.  So, semi-predictably, one day the opening manager for that department called out and there was no one in the store with the authority to turn away the truck.  The result was that we unloaded some large amount of frozen food (at least an entire pallet, possible the whole truck, I don't remember) when our freezer was already full of duplicate items that had no empty locations.  We threw it all away.  Now we're allowed to cancel trucks.

This store manager is the same asshole who told us that we can't turn away customers or lock the doors until 11:59 PM, and we have to let them shop undisturbed.  Our store closes at midnight.  We've had an epidemic of cashiers calling out from closing shifts, I wonder why?
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #136204 on: August 02, 2018, 04:19:25 am »

It depends on the staff as well. Once I went to a high end restaurant and all the staff was new. Among other gaffes they served us meat with maggots
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136205 on: August 02, 2018, 04:30:50 am »

It depends on the staff as well. Once I went to a high end restaurant and all the staff was new. Among other gaffes they served us meat with maggots

The historical British knew how to deal with that, make maggots a feature, not a bug:

During his tour around Britain in the 1720s, the English writer, journalist and spy Daniel Defoe stopped off in the cheesemaking town of Stilton. He was served a plate of cheese with maggots around it so thick that a spoon had to be brought for him to eat them with. The cheese also contained smaller bugs called cheese mites.

Also, it's one of those interesting quirks, that around this time naturalists (scientists) had been believers in Spontaneous Generation for centuries, while the Church held that life only originated from previous life. Which just goes to show you shouldn't be too smug.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2018, 04:39:25 am by Reelya »

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136206 on: August 02, 2018, 04:33:56 am »

"But sir, that's how we prepare our boeuf avec de l'asticot! ...Maybe you could try our soupe de mouche."
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #136207 on: August 02, 2018, 04:38:00 am »

It was the stupid aged steak gimmick.  Someone fucked up badly while doing that, and then never bothered to check.

There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136208 on: August 02, 2018, 04:40:57 am »

It was the stupid aged steak gimmick.  Someone fucked up badly while doing that, and then never bothered to check.

Definitely fucked up bad if flies got on your aged steak. 1688 was the date that the guy did the experiment with some muslin cloth to prevent maggots on meat. It's not rocket science to cover it.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #136209 on: August 02, 2018, 05:23:08 am »

they were morons. All the night was fuckup after fuckup. Right up until the end.

After "dinner" I asked if they had pu erh tea. They said yes. They proceeded to bring me regular black tea. Were actually surprised that I was able to tell the difference (THEY ARE COMPLETEDLY DIFFERENT THINGS. ITS LIKE ASKING FOR A BOILED EGG AND GETTING A POTATO OMELETTE. WHY LIE IN THE FIRST PLACE?)

The pharma rep actually footing the bill for the dinner  was livid

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #136210 on: August 02, 2018, 06:11:29 am »

Maybe they just don't like Big Pharma

Also isn't eating dinner with Big Pharma highly unethical and/or bribery
Love, scriver~

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #136211 on: August 02, 2018, 06:40:17 am »

He’s under no obligation to buy what they’re selling, man.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
  • I must be going senile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #136212 on: August 02, 2018, 06:40:51 am »

I think acknowledging them is probably a breach of moral laws though.
I agree with Urist. Steampunk is like Darth Vader winning Holland's Next Top Model. It would be awesome but not something I'd like in this game.
Unfortunately dying involves the amputation of the entire body from the dwarf.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #136213 on: August 02, 2018, 07:07:14 am »

::)
No, it's obviously neither illegal nor unethical, or else I wouldn't have posted it.

In case someone is not aware of this: the vast majority of meetings, workgroups and conferences worldwide are sponsored by the pharmaceutical industry. They probably wouldn't take place otherwise because sure as hell goverments aren't footing the bill. There are ethical governance rules concerning this stuff.

(For instance, I have given sponsored presentations for the pharma industry, too.  One stringent rule was that I was not to promote in any way any products, of the sponsors or otherwise. Just raw clinical data.)

Also and by the way: these meetings (and the dinners afterwards) are part of the job. Flying X hours to lock myself in  a building giving technical presentations for hours and THEN go to have dinner with those same people to keep talking about the same things is not exactly my idea of fun. When I want to go on holidays proper I set up my own trip. As of late to go home, with some plans to go to the Greek islands soon when I'm able to work enough days together. With no workplace shit involved
He’s under no obligation to buy what they’re selling, man.
That too.
TBH I'm warier about bullshit trials slipping misinformation into the guidelines (eg the recent Brentuximab fiasco-- ) than about my prescription habits being affected by some rep feeding me wormy meat
« Last Edit: August 02, 2018, 07:17:06 am by ChairmanPoo »

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136214 on: August 02, 2018, 07:15:50 am »

Go see the John Oliver episode about pharma kickbacks. It's all legal.
Pages: 1 ... 9079 9080 [9081] 9082 9083 ... 10974