Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9122 9123 [9124] 9125 9126 ... 10190

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 7327741 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #136845 on: August 21, 2018, 10:46:07 pm »

Maintenance, obviously. The clue’s in the name, Yoink :p

For serious though, no idea.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUEVESA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #136846 on: August 21, 2018, 10:49:28 pm »

The message changed from "brief maintenance" (iirc) to maintenance about a thousand bajillion hours ago.

Honestly good communication and, as far as I can tell, good backups.
They/them
how can one person be so incorrect
Defenders delenda est

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136847 on: August 21, 2018, 11:42:30 pm »

Eep, had a 504 error momentarily for the forum, thought it was going down again.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #136848 on: August 22, 2018, 12:05:02 am »

Check the Happy thread, Toady made a post there explaining everything.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Did you know that cats that have mysteriously disappeared from home can come back after a few months without warning?

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #136849 on: August 22, 2018, 01:26:02 am »

Oh gods, my willpower has failed me. What have I done?! They were just sitting there at the supermarket looking so damn sexy, how could I resist? I'd been so good...

Spoiler: Pray for me (click to show/hide)
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136850 on: August 22, 2018, 01:39:07 am »

I want to know what these products are, I have a vague idea of what crumpets are despite being American and thus genetically engineered to be ignorant of foreign cultures, but on the right, is that... cheese? Never seen cheese like it but it makes sense.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136851 on: August 22, 2018, 01:55:15 am »

Those are the crumpets, not cheese.

You stick the crumpets in the toaster, they have a very crunchy base, and those holes on the top. You put butter on, and it melts into it. Toast just doesn't compare, although I think crumpets are way more unhealthy for you to eat all the time than toast. They're one of those "incredibly unhealthy but totally worth it" things, but you need to toast them until they're crunchy and melt butter into them.

They're probably the most worthwhile British food you could go and look for. They make muffins taste like sawdust in comparison.

BTW Yoink, Aldi sells 6 round crumpets for $1.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2018, 02:16:49 am by Reelya »

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Be so old that people find intolerance charming
    • View Profile
« Reply #136852 on: August 22, 2018, 02:37:14 am »

Do you wear a sea shepherd beanie around most places?
I mean, I can't think of anyone who would be particularly against it, but heck.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.
Bay 12 Blood Bowl I apparently host now.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #136853 on: August 22, 2018, 03:04:35 am »

I can. You wear that onto the Faroe islands, you're getting kicked out again. Sea Shepherd is registered as a harmful terrorist organization there.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
  • Cyber-Voodoo Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #136854 on: August 22, 2018, 03:21:55 am »

-snip-
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 02:23:24 pm by dragdeler »
Fuck violins.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Be so old that people find intolerance charming
    • View Profile
« Reply #136855 on: August 22, 2018, 03:45:30 am »

I can. You wear that onto the Faroe islands, you're getting kicked out again. Sea Shepherd is registered as a harmful terrorist organization there.

The vast majority of Faroese exports, almost 95%, consists of fishery products

Yeah that makes sense.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.
Bay 12 Blood Bowl I apparently host now.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #136856 on: August 22, 2018, 04:30:39 am »

One thing is fishery exports, but the Faroese also have the traditional Grindadrap, which is when they corral and kill pilot whales for meat, which is then distributed among the populace in a community effort.

The meat is strictly forbidden from being sold or used for commercial purposes, the pilot whale populations are carefully monitored to make sure they're not being endangered by the practice, and the whales themselves are carefully handled to try and make the ordeal as humane as possible. After all, if the whales disappear, they're not only losing out on a centuries-old tradition that's held very dear to most Faroese, but also an important source of food. The Faroe islands are hilariously unsuited to pretty much any kind of farming, so really the only other thing they've got is the sheep which are too few and too valuable as an export for the Faroese themselves to eat.

But no, they're actually all crass, thick-skulled barbarians who murder "the famous and intelligent Calderon dolphins" (not an actual animal) for sport and glory. As such, they've been very popular targets for groups like Sea Shepherd, Greenpeace and PETA. Eventually they got fed up with Sea Shepherd coming in and vandalizing public and private property and harassing people, so they were registered as a terrorist organization and any direct affiliation with the group will land you an immediate deportation.

A few of you might actually remember the Calderon dolphin thing, it was this viral email thingy that was making the rounds a long time ago. I think the original, horribly written and completely nonfactual website is still up and running...

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136857 on: August 22, 2018, 04:53:22 am »

I have it on good authority that the Calderon dolphin hunters are all located in a mysterious farmhouse in Potswin, Kansas.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #136858 on: August 22, 2018, 05:56:18 am »

Potwin.  Not Potswin. :P

Also, I live in that general neck of the flyoverland USA. No dolphin anywhere to be found. Clearly these are itinerant dolphin hunters.

Personally, I would suggest that if you are targeting this area, that you point the finger at the Kochs instead, as they are the resident evil billionaires, ready and willing to prove their evil devotion to the god of mammon, but that's just me. :P

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #136859 on: August 22, 2018, 06:18:39 am »

Well, it's basically the only beanie I own (I've no idea where the other two are and they don't fit my head nicely anyway) and my bad hair day stretched into a bad hair week which is currently well on its way to becoming a bad hair month, so... yeah I've been wearing it everywhere lately. :P

I would be rather shocked to another anyone disapproving of it. Not that I personally care all that much about the whales (I mean, we routinely do far worse things to animals right here on land, but that's another story), but I admire the 'Shepherds for the way they risk life and limb, defying the law for what they believe in.

BTW Yoink, Aldi sells 6 round crumpets for $1.
Aldi scares me. Thanks for the tip, though!
Not sure where the nearest one is... I know I used to pass one on my way to work, but that was a few suburbs away.

PSA: crumpets are indeed still as fukken delicious as I remember them being. Perhaps even moreso! The brand of jam I chose to accompany them may have something to do with it, too.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.
Pages: 1 ... 9122 9123 [9124] 9125 9126 ... 10190