Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9123 9124 [9125] 9126 9127 ... 10178

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 7273403 times)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #136860 on: August 22, 2018, 07:34:49 am »

I didn't know the Shepherd did things in the Atlantic, I thought it usually habitated the Indian and Pacific Ocean. To be honest I didn't think they were still around at all, though I did assume they'd have been replaced my lesser famous activists of similar goals and maybe even means.

Is Aldi the German store? I'm highly biased against them (German stores) since back when my brother worked at Lidl. Horrible businesses. I avoid them whenever I can.
Love, scriver~

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #136861 on: August 22, 2018, 09:59:39 am »

PETA is more annoying anyways.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Did you know that cats that have mysteriously disappeared from home can come back after a few months without warning?

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Be so old that people find intolerance charming
    • View Profile
« Reply #136862 on: August 22, 2018, 10:43:16 am »

Possibly more annoying, but when it comes to vigilante activism the shepherds are up there.
Apparently they got curtailed quite hard back in 2016 though.

Also weren't PETA the ones found to be 'rescuing' dogs from poor living conditions and then immediately putting them down?
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.
Bay 12 Blood Bowl I apparently host now.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #136863 on: August 22, 2018, 10:47:02 am »

Also weren't PETA the ones found to be 'rescuing' dogs from poor living conditions and then immediately putting them down?
Dogs, cats, everything. Including "rescuing" from the porches and yards of people who weren't treating them poorly. 98% average kill rate across all PETA-operated shelters.

Because, as per PETA ethos, it's morally better to put an animal down than to allow it to live a life of "slavery" as someone's pet.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Abandon that which came before.
    • View Profile
« Reply #136864 on: August 22, 2018, 10:52:40 am »

The 'E' in their title shares no relationship with Ethics as we know it.

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136865 on: August 22, 2018, 11:39:00 am »

PETA is just team plasma, except less ethical, and more comical

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #136866 on: August 22, 2018, 11:39:21 am »

"People" for "Ethical" "Treatment" of "Animals".

The public (i.e people) does not like PETA that much.
What they are doing is not ethical at all.
They mostly euthanize animals instead of treating them.
They also protest against players being able to abuse animals in a video game (not real animals and just some data).

The only words that are true are "for" and "of".
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Did you know that cats that have mysteriously disappeared from home can come back after a few months without warning?

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #136867 on: August 22, 2018, 01:20:39 pm »

If I had to describe myself, it'd be a anthrocentric environmentalist; We should keep the world safe and abundant so that we don't fuckin' die. (Personally, I'm of the opinion we should mass-exodus into space and leave Earth to the Sentinelese, the Amish, and nature.)

Greenpeace, PETA, Sea Shepherd, they're all hypocrites who either directly harm who they claim to protect (PETA, as above) or indirectly harm it by turning public opinion against their cause by being too extremist and hurting people.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #136868 on: August 22, 2018, 01:22:39 pm »

Aldi scares me.

o_O

Is Aldi the German store? I'm highly biased against them (German stores) since back when my brother worked at Lidl. Horrible businesses. I avoid them whenever I can.

Wut? Lidl is bae.
huh?

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Dead Postocalypse lies dreaming.
    • View Profile
« Reply #136869 on: August 22, 2018, 01:30:39 pm »

Man cannot live by bread alone, he needs LIDL too. They basically the best thing ever.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Abandon that which came before.
    • View Profile
« Reply #136870 on: August 22, 2018, 01:33:26 pm »

If I had to describe myself, it'd be a anthrocentric environmentalist; We should keep the world safe and abundant so that we don't fuckin' die. (Personally, I'm of the opinion we should mass-exodus into space and leave Earth to the Sentinelese, the Amish, and nature.)

Greenpeace, PETA, Sea Shepherd, they're all hypocrites who either directly harm who they claim to protect (PETA, as above) or indirectly harm it by turning public opinion against their cause by being too extremist and hurting people.
Not fuckin' dying is indeed a noble goal. Mass exodus seems prohibitively expensive though, unless we start up something more efficient than rockets for taking people the first step, to orbit.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136871 on: August 22, 2018, 01:37:14 pm »

Lidl is  shitty place who treats it's employees like shit and also treats it's customers like shit. It's the capital of "this is highly unethical to do but it's not technically illegal so we're gonna do it" in grocery stores. Buying from Lidl is like travelling with Ryan Air.
Love, scriver~

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #136872 on: August 22, 2018, 01:47:21 pm »

Lidl is  shitty place who treats it's employees like shit and also treats it's customers like shit. It's the capital of "this is highly unethical to do but it's not technically illegal so we're gonna do it" in grocery stores. Buying from Lidl is like travelling with Ryan Air.

Weird, my experience has been the opposite. The folk that work there are always friendly and ask how you're doing etc, the food they sell is higher quality than the other shops around, 2nd highest pay of any supermarket in UK (I think Aldi edges them out but imo Aldi is 'faster paced' than Lidl, the people I know there like the work environment etc.

Though I will admit their two large baguettes for 1 offer is encouraging my bread addiction to get out of hand.
huh?

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Dead Postocalypse lies dreaming.
    • View Profile
« Reply #136873 on: August 22, 2018, 01:51:10 pm »

.....my experience has also been the opposite, even down to what they offer for pay. I almost applied to an Aldi's because of the really good pay scale they offered in my area. The employees there are generally just as nice to me as any other grocery store. The LIDL's bakery often offers BOGO deals on fresh muffins which I end up buying for my co-workers every other Friday.

I hadn't heard of any like, Wal-Mart level employee chicanery with them, have they been recently outed or something? To be fair I have noticed a significant regional different in ALL grocery stores having moved from NJ to VA. All the grocery stores in VA are of higher quality in every respect.

I'm genuinely interested in your apparently horrid grocing experience there, scriver. Do tell.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136874 on: August 22, 2018, 01:54:09 pm »

I mean, they're my brother's experiences, like I said.
Love, scriver~
Pages: 1 ... 9123 9124 [9125] 9126 9127 ... 10178