Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9082 9083 [9084] 9085 9086 ... 10974

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 12999023 times)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #136245 on: August 02, 2018, 12:06:29 pm »

Also since we have no rage thread any more. We're currently under and almost countrywide fire-making prohibition over here and I smell somebody in the neighbourhood grilling.

It's a shame I'm so chronically conflict avoidant.
Love, scriver~

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #136246 on: August 02, 2018, 12:31:40 pm »

Fires contained within grills for cooking usually are considered an exception to fire bans though arent they? Maybe you should double check with your fire department on that.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136247 on: August 02, 2018, 12:37:04 pm »

No, they are certainly not. Only grill what's allowed is one without a fire.
Love, scriver~

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #136248 on: August 02, 2018, 12:57:39 pm »

How that's work? Electric only?
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136249 on: August 02, 2018, 01:38:34 pm »

Yup! I have no idea if electric grills can even remotely create the same kind of flavour but supposedly such things exist.
Love, scriver~

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136250 on: August 02, 2018, 01:48:07 pm »

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Suiyang

That feeling when you eat an entire city because you wont give up and then lose the siege.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #136251 on: August 02, 2018, 01:48:49 pm »

I do not understand how people can acknowledge, even regularly complain about problems they have, while simultaneously engaging in behaviours that actively make those problems worse.

My mind boggles.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136252 on: August 02, 2018, 01:56:48 pm »

Are you referring to something from your own day, or to, perhaps, my comment about fear of conflict above?
Love, scriver~

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136253 on: August 02, 2018, 02:00:20 pm »

My own thing. I know it was cryptic and vaguebooking, for which I apologise, but it's personal and I'm odd about things like that.

It does, however, need to be expressed, lest I break something (probably myself) before I talk about it with the person that needs the talking, because I appear to be stupendously angry about it, which is bothersome in itself.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136254 on: August 02, 2018, 02:06:15 pm »

Well it fits in regards to me too, because it is like literally everything I do and don't do.

Spoiler answer: it's because I am weak and unworthy
Love, scriver~

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136255 on: August 02, 2018, 02:14:17 pm »

Conflict isn't something that is easy to deal with, man, particularly with a stranger. You don't know how they'll respond, you don't know how you'll respond to that and it snowballs from there into a massive uncertainty vortex in which anything could happen! I do it myself, my neighbours are asshats, and I'm reasonably sure one of them is unhinged.

Anyway, unless you are actually going out and making your problems worse by pissing people off and then running away, you're just procrastinating on solving your issues :P which I do, all the goddamn time.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #136256 on: August 02, 2018, 02:15:12 pm »

Double post because I am not ruining my shitpost above: that's not exactly universal. In Brazil, at least, by law you can request a generic alternative to the prescribed medication at the pharmacy.

Point being, I never said it was. That was in direct response to LordBaal talking about how it is in south America.

I kinda thought it was clear this is about the USA specifically. I should have written "if people (in the USA) were shopping for themselves"

I have mentioned at least once that I'm talking about the USA, specifically, in the bit where I specifically excluded Europe. I would have thought it was obvious that the target of the criticisms was specifically USA when I pointed out that the criticisms didn't extend to places like Europe.

In no US state is it mandatory to provide the brand-name prescription if there is a generic available that otherwise meets all requirements . 12 states specifically mandate doing so if the generic is cheaper, while the remaining states mandate that there is a subsitution upon request.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #136257 on: August 02, 2018, 02:37:53 pm »

What the fuck even happened in this thread

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #136258 on: August 02, 2018, 03:44:26 pm »

Sirens have been going off ever since i've gotten home; very silent hill-esque. They throw out that siren whenever they open up the dam a bit to keep the lake from flooding, and with all the rain we've been getting that means the siren's going off almost constantly during the day.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #136259 on: August 02, 2018, 03:52:12 pm »

It can only be Silent Hill if there is an oppressive amount of fog.
And horrifying creatures from the depths of one's psyche
But mostly its fog
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*
Pages: 1 ... 9082 9083 [9084] 9085 9086 ... 10974