Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9113 9114 [9115] 9116 9117 ... 10974

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 12999150 times)

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #136710 on: August 12, 2018, 12:04:25 pm »

How does a small-for-his-breed chihuahua manage to occupy an entire queen-size comforter?

Bonus: On Friday, our apartment building had a "late summer get-together" so that occupants could get to know each other. Of the 70 apartments, 16 RSVP'd to come, and of those 16 about 9 showed up. That's not strange though, what's strange is that after the party everything was getting cleaned up and there were lots of leftovers that were getting handed off to various people. We ended up taking home the remainders of a salad that was served, among other things.

It wasn't until today that I looked closer and noticed that it is not, in fact, a salad... It's a plate of burger garnish. It's just slices of onions, green onions, and tomatoes.

Later on, when I was trying to think of a good solution for what to do with the leftovers, I noticed that my girlfriend was eating salad for dinner.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #136711 on: August 12, 2018, 12:24:08 pm »

How does a small-for-his-breed chihuahua manage to occupy an entire queen-size comforter?
By living with people unwilling to toss it off the comforter, presumably. Small breed dogs are remarkably incapable of holding their ground when something doesn't want them to. They're like cats, except worse in roughly every way in terms of self defense.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2018, 12:26:41 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #136712 on: August 12, 2018, 12:30:03 pm »

By living with people unwilling to toss it off the comforter, presumably. Small breed dogs are remarkably incapable of holding their ground when something doesn't want them to.
Honestly, he moves if you so much as jiggle him a bit accidentally by sitting down next to him. He's not defensive about it, he just somehow managed to lay down in such a way that the entirety of the comforter focused in on him and his little fluff nest.

He doesn't even usually like spots that are open-air, he tends to make little caves for himself where the only hint at his presence is a tiny opening where you can see a nose and some tail fluff poking out. Every now and then, a solitary paw.

And an update regarding the salad: I was apparently mistaken again and my GF is eating the other food item we brought back, which was a box of potato salad. The "salad" remains untouched and slightly dehydrated in the fridge.

The irony here is that she made scrambled eggs to go with the potato salad. Y'know, something that would go great with the onions, green onions and tomatoes we don't know what to do with, but nah.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #136713 on: August 12, 2018, 12:37:22 pm »

But those are salad ingredients. Green onions go nicely with lettuce, light drizzle of vegetable oil and a bit of vinegar and a bit of salt and you're good to go. Similarly onions and the tomatoes, just add some green peppers and season with oil/vinegar/salt and that's it.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #136714 on: August 12, 2018, 01:06:10 pm »

Just take the onions and eat them as is.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #136715 on: August 12, 2018, 01:09:57 pm »

I mean the best thing you could do is take it out of the fridge and put it in the trash can.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #136716 on: August 12, 2018, 01:11:47 pm »

I mean the best thing you could do is take it out of the fridge and put it in the trash can.
Maybe if you are a savage.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #136717 on: August 12, 2018, 01:29:53 pm »

Fuck i love green onions. I could eat those all goddsmn day.
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #136718 on: August 12, 2018, 01:45:14 pm »

But those are salad ingredients. Green onions go nicely with lettuce, light drizzle of vegetable oil and a bit of vinegar and a bit of salt and you're good to go.
That would require lettuce, which we don't have.

Similarly onions and the tomatoes, just add some green peppers and season with oil/vinegar/salt and that's it.
That would require green peppers, which we don't have.

We split a tiny frat fridge between the two of us, and most of the fridge space goes to her Pepsi Max addiction and the "rustic" glass water bottles because she can't drink from the sink. What's left of the space, I tend to use for nonalcoholic beers because they give me a tiny glimmer of light in life without being "too stinky" or prompting a discussion/comment about unhealthy drinking habits. There's no room for vegetables even if I was better about using fresh ingredients multiple days in a row, which I'm not because making something that requires actual preparation will exhaust me for at least two days.

Addendum: Also it's Sunday today, which means absolutely everything is closed. There are about 2-3 stores that will actually stay open on Sunday, but they don't sell vegetables unless it's of the "frozen friday wok mix in a bag" variety.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #136719 on: August 12, 2018, 02:44:46 pm »

So, there's some upcoming horror flick titled "The Nun".

I don't think very highly of it right now since one of their ads is apparently a simple jumpscare featuring stuff from the movie, like the titular Nun.

It's just a simple clip of a hallway, the video "glitching" for a few seconds, Nun face, and then brief reveal of the movie and credits before five seconds are up.

I wonder if the person who made that was so isolated from literally all horror culture that they genuinely thought they were breaking new ground there.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #136720 on: August 12, 2018, 02:52:18 pm »

If there's anything I've learned from watching a TAS of Pepsiman: The Running Hero, it's that company behind pepsi should never in a million years be let within a hundred feet of anything having to do with city planning and maintenance.

Also, probably need to call OSHA on them.

... and maybe NASA. That might be a blatantly hazardous use of anti-grav but it's still anti-grav.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136721 on: August 12, 2018, 02:53:57 pm »

So, there's some upcoming horror flick titled "The Nun".

I don't think very highly of it right now since one of their ads is apparently a simple jumpscare featuring stuff from the movie, like the titular Nun.

It's just a simple clip of a hallway, the video "glitching" for a few seconds, Nun face, and then brief reveal of the movie and credits before five seconds are up.

I wonder if the person who made that was so isolated from literally all horror culture that they genuinely thought they were breaking new ground there.

People watch movies for tropes and cliches. Critics would claimnit isn’t horror because it didn’t indulge in the cheap tricks horror movies use to induce fear and discomfort.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #136722 on: August 12, 2018, 03:20:39 pm »

Critics would claimnit isn’t horror because it didn’t indulge in the cheap tricks horror movies use to induce fear and discomfort.

I'm not sure I typed what I meant to say quite right - the trailer for The Nun that I saw (I've seen 2 so far, one with just a video of a hallway, another with an animation of volume slider being fiddled with, both followed up by jumpscare and The Nun).

While it does certainly leave an impresson on me in that I know that the film exists and that it's horror, I still can't help but feel upset about the fact they think using a jumpscare (a cheap horror movie trick) qualifies as effective advertisement.

I don't know, maybe the movie was targeted for the kind of person who'd enjoy horror, cheap or otherwise, but I guess I'm still upset.

I also don't wanna start off a Youtube video with an ad that makes me flinch in fright.

EDIT: Someone actually made a youtube video about how upset they were about these ads...

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136723 on: August 12, 2018, 03:26:12 pm »

The jump scare is a cheap trick for a horror movie, so incorporating it into the advertisement lets people know if they enjoy horror, here’s a horror movie. It’s probably cheaper than cutting together bits from the movie for a trailer.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #136724 on: August 12, 2018, 03:37:09 pm »

Considering that The Nun is a cheap spinoff about a secondary character in the shitty sequel to a shitty horror movie that I'm pretty sure is itself a spinoff of something-or-other despite being yet another "Based on a true spook!" movie based on inspirations that were inspired by the lives of a couple real-life tinfoil spookhunters who are best known for nothing to do with anything in the movie or that particular spinoff...

I'm not sure what you were expecting.
Pages: 1 ... 9113 9114 [9115] 9116 9117 ... 10974