Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9115 9116 [9117] 9118 9119 ... 10973

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 12997868 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #136740 on: August 12, 2018, 08:24:37 pm »

I'm far more plussed by the ad that has the man and woman wearing the knitted two-person underwear thrusting into eachother. I see it, cause apparently adblock is powerless against high calibre super ads like this one, and every time I'm left thinking "What series of actions of mine have convinced the google adbots that I want to see this shit?", it's truly mysterious.
For what it's worth, non-browser/external players that can run youtube vids (I'm currently using mpc-be, apparently) don't seem to be capable of running the attendant ads. If you're wanting to avoid the things.

... it's a thing. I actually would probably be okay-ish with letting youtube ads run, but html5 video plays like complete and utter ass on either machine I have access to. Quality is shoddy (and unstable) on the kindle, play is complete shite on the laptop. So I've ended up effectively forced to use an external player ever since YT completely nixed flash :V
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #136741 on: August 12, 2018, 10:03:38 pm »

I'm far more plussed by the ad that has the man and woman wearing the knitted two-person underwear thrusting into eachother. I see it, cause apparently adblock is powerless against high calibre super ads like this one, and every time I'm left thinking "What series of actions of mine have convinced the google adbots that I want to see this shit?", it's truly mysterious.
I started seeing youtube ads again a few months ago, and doubled up on both adblock and adblock plus.

Haven't seen an ad since, excepting the rare instances when I open my browser and the youtube player loads before the extensions do. Does? Do.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #136742 on: August 12, 2018, 10:05:40 pm »

Huh, I've only ever seen ads get through Adblock Plus in the later situation.
I do still see ads on my desktop, but that's a personal choice.  Sometimes I skip them, or turn adblock back on depending on the "content provider".  Some people don't deserve my 2 cents.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #136743 on: August 12, 2018, 10:58:55 pm »

uBlock Origin stops Youtube ads dead in their tracks.
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136744 on: August 12, 2018, 11:24:48 pm »

There is precisely one "good" jumpscare, and it's the TV closet scene from Signs.

It's one thing to do something unexpected and surprise people with "Wow, that was unexpected!", but it's something entirely different to expressly lay out what is going to happen, and then that thing happens and you still surprise people with it.

The biggest jumpscare occurred IRL on November 8th 2016. Since then fiction creators have had to upgrade their jumpscares to even register a peep out of anyone.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #136745 on: August 13, 2018, 01:14:16 am »

Tried to troubleshoot code, accidentally made modern art.  (the first image is the unexpected thing, the rest is getting closer to the final result until the last 2 images succeed)
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136746 on: August 13, 2018, 02:01:35 am »

There's a rebooted Star Trek with Picard in it. Finally - a main universe sequel. That's the good news. The WTF part is instead of rebooting Star Trek , some people are trying to boot up a "Last Jedi" type "classic sci-fi is the patriarchy" thing about it:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 13, 2018, 02:24:25 am by Reelya »

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #136747 on: August 13, 2018, 02:53:09 am »

Is that an opinion piece about an opinion piece
Love, scriver~

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #136748 on: August 13, 2018, 04:30:30 am »

Ah, but you see, the cast was either 75% black or 75% male at any given time. Doesn't necessarily mean 75% white males.

So any black males or white females still support that statistic, you understand, since they're still either white or male.

And Crusher was, like, at least 75% male anyways, so the math works.

Really though, the only thing to take away from that piece is that it's flamebait clickmongering, designed exclusively to make people fight about it. I wouldn't bother giving it much weight.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #136749 on: August 13, 2018, 05:13:18 am »

Is that an opinion piece about an opinion piece
And technically by posting about it he has made an opinion piece about an opinion piece about an opinion piece - think about it
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #136750 on: August 13, 2018, 05:49:59 am »

Crusher was, like, at least 75% male

That makes Picard 75% gay, though, so then he becomes the first gay captain of Star Trek ;)
Love, scriver~

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #136751 on: August 13, 2018, 06:09:26 am »

That makes Picard 75% gay, though, so then he becomes the first gay captain of Star Trek ;)
Wasn't Kirk originally supposed to be gay, but that had to be dropped since folks would've had a moral panic over it?
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #136752 on: August 13, 2018, 06:48:27 am »

Wasn't Kirk originally supposed to be gay, but that had to be dropped since folks would've had a moral panic over it?
Wasn't he short of being pansexual anyway? Fucking everything that moves (and even things that didn't?) I mean, yeah, lots of alien "women", but being aliens, were they woman actually? What if their males evolved to look like our females?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136753 on: August 13, 2018, 06:49:55 am »

-snip-
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 02:16:53 pm by dragdeler »
let

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #136754 on: August 13, 2018, 06:50:52 am »

Like, Napoleon style wintersport.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread
Pages: 1 ... 9115 9116 [9117] 9118 9119 ... 10973