Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9378 9379 [9380] 9381 9382 ... 9546

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 5061794 times)

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #140685 on: August 13, 2018, 04:30:30 am »

Ah, but you see, the cast was either 75% black or 75% male at any given time. Doesn't necessarily mean 75% white males.

So any black males or white females still support that statistic, you understand, since they're still either white or male.

And Crusher was, like, at least 75% male anyways, so the math works.

Really though, the only thing to take away from that piece is that it's flamebait clickmongering, designed exclusively to make people fight about it. I wouldn't bother giving it much weight.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140686 on: August 13, 2018, 05:13:18 am »

Is that an opinion piece about an opinion piece
And technically by posting about it he has made an opinion piece about an opinion piece about an opinion piece - think about it
I recently became a objectivist, I am reasonably certain that means all my opinions are now universal fact.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • I have a nice hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #140687 on: August 13, 2018, 05:49:59 am »

Crusher was, like, at least 75% male

That makes Picard 75% gay, though, so then he becomes the first gay captain of Star Trek ;)
Love, scriver~

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • Make birds howl again
    • View Profile
« Reply #140688 on: August 13, 2018, 06:09:26 am »

That makes Picard 75% gay, though, so then he becomes the first gay captain of Star Trek ;)
Wasn't Kirk originally supposed to be gay, but that had to be dropped since folks would've had a moral panic over it?
Teneb's Miscmods, for more stuff in your fort.
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?
Quote from: Loud Whispers
Does a Laconian believe they descend from Achilles? Does an anon believe a greentext happened? Does a child believe in air? We choose the fake news we want. The eternal memri.tv

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #140689 on: August 13, 2018, 06:48:27 am »

Wasn't Kirk originally supposed to be gay, but that had to be dropped since folks would've had a moral panic over it?
Wasn't he short of being pansexual anyway? Fucking everything that moves (and even things that didn't?) I mean, yeah, lots of alien "women", but being aliens, were they woman actually? What if their males evolved to look like our females?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
  • Disdains the law
    • View Profile
« Reply #140690 on: August 13, 2018, 06:49:55 am »

WTF?

I think the weirdest thing happening to me right now is the number of people on crutches at my school. It seems like everyone is walking around with two aluminum crutches nowadays. Extremely WTF.

Could it be wintersport period where you live?

Th4DwArfY1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #140691 on: August 13, 2018, 06:50:52 am »

Like, Napoleon style wintersport.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  Th4DwArfY1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #140692 on: August 13, 2018, 06:52:24 am »

People practicing their Crutch-walker skills for when a forbidden beast attacks?

Also, I found a way people  could help me without doing much from their part and without much effort but I'm afraid people (mostly you guys, you are people right?) will think badly from it.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
  • Disdains the law
    • View Profile
« Reply #140693 on: August 13, 2018, 06:52:40 am »

2010 post, gj smartphone

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140694 on: August 13, 2018, 08:36:45 am »

Decided to read the latest news.

Headline: "Man’s penis falls off after he ignored signs of cancer"

“In the present case, the patient neglected his initial symptoms and eventually developed penile auto-amputation (his penis fell off), inguinal abscess and widespread metastasis,” Dr Garg added.

I love "developed penile auto-amputation" as a technical phrase for your penis falling off.

If you have signs of Dick Rot, please get that shit checked out.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2018, 08:41:49 am by Reelya »

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #140695 on: August 13, 2018, 08:44:22 am »

Decided to read the latest news.

Headline: "Man’s penis falls off after he ignored signs of cancer"

“In the present case, the patient neglected his initial symptoms and eventually developed penile auto-amputation (his penis fell off), inguinal abscess and widespread metastasis,” Dr Garg added.

I love "developed penile auto-amputation" as a technical phrase for your penis falling off.

If you have signs of Dick Rot, please get that shit checked out.
"But it's embarrassing..."
--Quote from my Girlfriend when I insisted that she go to the dentist to get her smells-like-death persistent-over-two-months toothache checked out.

Admitting weakness is taboo enough, admitting weakness below the waistline is utterly unspeakable.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #140696 on: August 13, 2018, 08:52:29 am »

The embarrassment of going to the doctor over crotch issues is notably less than the embarrassment (among other, more pressing emotions) that comes from having your case of dick rot trumpeted over the news for clicks, methinks. Or belatedly finding out you have prostate/ovarian/etc. cancer or whatev'.

Sadly, part of growing older, assuming you can afford the testing et al involved, is getting over any hangups you might have over embarrassment, weakness, or personal dignity vis a vis a doctor :-\
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just another guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #140697 on: August 13, 2018, 09:07:19 am »

As cliche as it is, people always just hope/think it won’t happen to them.

Then they act all surprised when it does happen.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • I have a nice hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #140698 on: August 13, 2018, 09:32:13 am »

I have several ailments I should really check out but haven't. Including my birthmark that has twice scabbed over and fallen off. It happened to another mark this year too.
Love, scriver~

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140699 on: August 13, 2018, 09:46:45 am »

This conversation triggers me, but it is constructive triggering. :P
Somehow Yoink looks as much a pirate as the man dressed as one. Probably even has rum stashed near him somewhere
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.
Pages: 1 ... 9378 9379 [9380] 9381 9382 ... 9546