Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9116 9117 [9118] 9119 9120 ... 10974

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 12999940 times)

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #136755 on: August 13, 2018, 06:52:24 am »

People practicing their Crutch-walker skills for when a forbidden beast attacks?

Also, I found a way people  could help me without doing much from their part and without much effort but I'm afraid people (mostly you guys, you are people right?) will think badly from it.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136756 on: August 13, 2018, 06:52:40 am »

-snip-
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 02:16:47 pm by dragdeler »
let

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136757 on: August 13, 2018, 08:36:45 am »

Decided to read the latest news.

Headline: "Man’s penis falls off after he ignored signs of cancer"

“In the present case, the patient neglected his initial symptoms and eventually developed penile auto-amputation (his penis fell off), inguinal abscess and widespread metastasis,” Dr Garg added.

I love "developed penile auto-amputation" as a technical phrase for your penis falling off.

If you have signs of Dick Rot, please get that shit checked out.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2018, 08:41:49 am by Reelya »

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #136758 on: August 13, 2018, 08:44:22 am »

Decided to read the latest news.

Headline: "Man’s penis falls off after he ignored signs of cancer"

“In the present case, the patient neglected his initial symptoms and eventually developed penile auto-amputation (his penis fell off), inguinal abscess and widespread metastasis,” Dr Garg added.

I love "developed penile auto-amputation" as a technical phrase for your penis falling off.

"But it's embarrassing..."
--Quote from my Girlfriend when I insisted that she go to the dentist to get her smells-like-death persistent-over-two-months toothache checked out.

Admitting weakness is taboo enough, admitting weakness below the waistline is utterly unspeakable.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #136759 on: August 13, 2018, 08:52:29 am »

The embarrassment of going to the doctor over crotch issues is notably less than the embarrassment (among other, more pressing emotions) that comes from having your case of dick rot trumpeted over the news for clicks, methinks. Or belatedly finding out you have prostate/ovarian/etc. cancer or whatev'.

Sadly, part of growing older, assuming you can afford the testing et al involved, is getting over any hangups you might have over embarrassment, weakness, or personal dignity vis a vis a doctor :-\
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #136760 on: August 13, 2018, 09:07:19 am »

As cliche as it is, people always just hope/think it won’t happen to them.

Then they act all surprised when it does happen.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #136761 on: August 13, 2018, 09:32:13 am »

I have several ailments I should really check out but haven't. Including my birthmark that has twice scabbed over and fallen off. It happened to another mark this year too.
Love, scriver~

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #136762 on: August 13, 2018, 09:46:45 am »

This conversation triggers me, but it is constructive triggering. :P
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #136763 on: August 13, 2018, 12:55:49 pm »

Boss decided to paint the walls and ceiling of the liquor store black. Its hideous. We should have tried to stop him.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136764 on: August 13, 2018, 01:13:36 pm »

Not sure why every store has their air conditioners on full blast. It's only 73°F now, and raining so hard that I couldn't be more wet if I were underwater.

"Dick Rot" actually sounds like a good name for a character.

Boss decided to paint the walls and ceiling of the liquor store black. Its hideous. We should have tried to stop him.

Did he see the girls walk by dressed in their summer clothes?
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #136765 on: August 13, 2018, 01:15:14 pm »

Is the door crimson?

That should be rectified immediately.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136766 on: August 13, 2018, 01:19:36 pm »

People practicing their Crutch-walker skills for when a forbidden beast attacks?

Also, I found a way people  could help me without doing much from their part and without much effort but I'm afraid people (mostly you guys, you are people right?) will think badly from it.
Post away. Some guys offered to help a while back but you weren’t in a position to accept it, so i don’t think people will have any ill will. Worse case scenario, nothing comes of it.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #136767 on: August 13, 2018, 01:29:28 pm »

I think badly enough as it us, I don't need you making me dumber.

(This is a joke.)

Is it Patreon? Because, from what I've heard, I'd gladly do that for you.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #136768 on: August 13, 2018, 02:26:43 pm »

Not sure why every store has their air conditioners on full blast. It's only 73°F now, and raining so hard that I couldn't be more wet if I were underwater.
I'm so incredibly jealous of you.  Its been 80+ with 70+% humidity here and my job has been *barely* running the AC.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #136769 on: August 13, 2018, 02:46:37 pm »

Crusher was, like, at least 75% male

That makes Picard 75% gay, though, so then he becomes the first gay captain of Star Trek ;)
Wasn't Kirk originally supposed to be gay, but that had to be dropped since folks would've had a moral panic over it?
No. The whole "Kirk is gay" was never more than an obsession of the K/S fanfic (which in those days, was distributed by magazine) crowd, just like Frodo/Sam or Holmes/Watson, and that crowd didn't even get started until after the original run of the show ended. When Star Trek Beyond (the third part of the reboot series) revealed that Sulu was gay (as a tribute to George Takai), several people claimed that the original idea for that film was Gay Kirk, or that it should have been Kirk that was gay, but that's not the same thing.

Star Trek was a mid-1960s TV show. The notion of a white man being forced to kiss a black woman was almost too scandalous to show - nobody would have even considered a gay main character.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.
Pages: 1 ... 9116 9117 [9118] 9119 9120 ... 10974