Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9124 9125 [9126] 9127 9128 ... 10973

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 12998152 times)

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #136875 on: August 17, 2018, 04:20:40 am »

Even Nosferatu?
I haven't seen it, actually, and google was rather unhelpful at getting me the details.
His primary power was mainly just being creepy as fuck, while still somehow managing to convince multiple people that he was not, in fact, a bloodsucking demon. Also had a weakness for necking with the ladies all night long, but who doesn't, eh?

Particularly notable for being the only somewhat famous depiction of a vampire to actually have teeth like a vampire bat, rather than some silly catsnake canines.

Definitely worth the watch if you want a slow-paced, melancholic affair with this one fucker being so God damn creepy all the time.

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #136876 on: August 17, 2018, 04:21:23 am »

In other news, Akinator fucks me brain. The sheer vagueness of the questions should not lead to such accurate answers. I think it needs to be exorcised.
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #136877 on: August 17, 2018, 04:29:56 am »

And that is the danger of giving a learning machine to the internet...

I remember managing to stump him a couple times in the old days, but that only makes him grow stronger. Watching the smarmy bastard get that satisfied grin on his face and then padding out the final question with something meaningless because he already knows what you're thinking about... Bah! Bah I say!

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #136878 on: August 17, 2018, 05:15:51 am »

Damnit... only one wrong guess for Pierre Bezukhov.

Hah, akinator didn't know the characters of "If on a winter's night a traveller". So it hasn't learnt to read books or wikipedia articles yet.
One wheel short of a wagon

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #136879 on: August 17, 2018, 05:23:58 am »

It's a basic binary search sort of thing. If you have a billion choices, it only takes 30 questions which fit half of the remaining choices to get down to one choice.

Akinator does try to narrow it down if it has suspicion, though.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #136880 on: August 17, 2018, 05:48:40 am »

Well, it got stumped when I guessed Annoying Dog from Undertale.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #136881 on: August 17, 2018, 05:50:47 am »

Even Nosferatu?
I haven't seen it, actually, and google was rather unhelpful at getting me the details.
His primary power was mainly just being creepy as fuck, while still somehow managing to convince multiple people that he was not, in fact, a bloodsucking demon. Also had a weakness for necking with the ladies all night long, but who doesn't, eh?

Particularly notable for being the only somewhat famous depiction of a vampire to actually have teeth like a vampire bat, rather than some silly catsnake canines.

Definitely worth the watch if you want a slow-paced, melancholic affair with this one fucker being so God damn creepy all the time.
Aha! Thanks for the summary!

Apart from the teeth, most of that sounds suspiciously familiar. I shall have to watch it.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
  • I must be going senile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #136882 on: August 17, 2018, 06:01:49 am »

It's an old black and white affair, and if I'm honest, probably the best vampire movie in existence.  It properly captured the feeling of  a vampire as a monster and a man in dual measure, which to my mind has been outside the grasp of every depiction since.
I agree with Urist. Steampunk is like Darth Vader winning Holland's Next Top Model. It would be awesome but not something I'd like in this game.
Unfortunately dying involves the amputation of the entire body from the dwarf.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #136883 on: August 17, 2018, 06:29:37 am »

As a bonus, neither the English nor the German version is a dub. They just filmed all the dialogue twice, with the actors speaking both languages.

Actually, checking up on it, that's just the 1979 Herzog remake; which I believe was the most widespread version, and the one that I saw. There's also the 1922 original that got sued and was forced to destroy all copies of the film (with of course a couple bootlegs surviving), which features Max Schreck in the lead role rather than 1979's Klaus Kinski.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #136884 on: August 17, 2018, 06:33:33 am »

I'd love to be a vampire in most any interpretation of the idea, really.

Commence sparkling.

Hilariously, I'm playing the Wine and Blood expansion to Witcher 3 right now, with all it's over the top edginess and faux maturity, and then it was revealed it's vampires did the whole "all vampires have a unique gift" thing that I know Twilight also does. So now all I can think of is these super cereal super dark creatures sparkling all the time too.
Love, scriver~

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #136885 on: August 17, 2018, 07:09:52 am »

inb4 you get locked underground for 5000 years by ancient peasants and are awakened by foolish archaeologists in the distant future who must kill you because you are the eternally enraged vampire angered by humanity's imprisonment of you for no reason whatsoever really

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136886 on: August 17, 2018, 07:52:25 am »

inb4 you get locked underground for 5000 years by ancient peasants and are awakened by foolish archaeologists in the distant future who must kill you because you are the eternally enraged vampire angered by humanity's imprisonment of you for no reason whatsoever really

Inb4 you get locked in an airtight coffin in the Indian Ocean for a hundred years, get pulled up by hapless fishermen, then set out on your goal to conquer the world using nothing but your magical battle ghost that can stop time.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #136887 on: August 17, 2018, 07:55:28 am »

che?
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #136888 on: August 17, 2018, 08:06:50 am »

In before you get locked out of the bathroom by your roomate because he "has to take a shit" but you assume mist form, fly in through under the door and piss on top of him to establish dominance
Love, scriver~

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #136889 on: August 17, 2018, 08:16:47 am »

Well, it got stumped when I guessed Annoying Dog from Undertale.

I went with a character from Worm and it got it within 30 questions while only getting a single actual specific "yes". Crazy.

However, I tried it with characters from some more obscure stuff (Ace Combat 3, Worth the Candle) and... yeah, not really.
Pages: 1 ... 9124 9125 [9126] 9127 9128 ... 10973