Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9129 9130 [9131] 9132 9133 ... 10979

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13133180 times)

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #136950 on: August 19, 2018, 09:43:26 am »

I don't know how, but I really would advise getting rid of them in some fashion.

Preferably lethally so you know they're gone, and quickly before they evolve into Cazadores like a creature from some kind of Post-Nuclear Monster Collecting Game.

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136951 on: August 19, 2018, 09:50:23 am »

Post-Nuclear Monster Collecting Game.
Pokemon Fallout version when? Make it's companion Pokemon Elder Scrolls or for the meme potential Pokemon Skyrim

Re:Wasps
Kill them. Kill them all. KILL THEM UNTIL NONE REMAINAND FEAST ON THE CORPSES AHAHAHA *cough cough cough*

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #136952 on: August 19, 2018, 09:58:01 am »

> Pokemon Skyrim
So, Conjuration? :P

Except... Conjuration could be a lot cooler if you were summoning long-term daedric acquaintances who leveled up and changed as they were used.  Feed them soulgems?
"What?  Clannfear is evolving!  It became Daedroth!"  (I'm sure this violates advances the lore)
"Xivilai will remember that."

This is stupid
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #136953 on: August 19, 2018, 10:16:17 am »

I agree with Hans' point of view.
They're a pretty docile wasp species, and quite fun to observe.

Just don't poke or breathe at their nest.

If you go through the far side of your doorway, you should be fine.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MnExgQ81fhU
« Last Edit: August 19, 2018, 10:19:42 am by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #136954 on: August 19, 2018, 10:19:53 am »

Worth keeping in mind though is that wasps of different kinds are wont (want?) to use wood and/or sand for their hive structuring. So if your house is made from wood and/or sand (including cement), you might not want them building their homes in it anyway.
Love, scriver~

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #136955 on: August 19, 2018, 10:44:20 am »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MnExgQ81fhU
There's that, and then you've got the fucker who tried out the bullet ant gloves... Gloves made out of dozens of the only insect with a higher sting pain rating than the tarantula hawk... Without screaming. Much.

Also, the fact that the wasps are eating spiders might have something to do with there being horseflies left around to pursue you with malicious intent... Although it's worth mentioning that I don't enjoy any of the above being in close proximity to me.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #136956 on: August 19, 2018, 11:02:48 am »

Introduce praying mantises and/or dragonflies to make up for the lack of spiders.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Are you a duelist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #136957 on: August 19, 2018, 11:04:10 am »

Mantises are pretty cute.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #136958 on: August 19, 2018, 11:31:32 am »

Albeit slightly insane... But yes.

Dragonflies are pretty neato too. Or "eye-pokers" as they're called in Norwegian.

For whatever reason, between a few different languages and old wives tales, dragonflies are accused of attacking or invading just about every facial feature... Ears, eyes, mouth, and there's probably one or another out there that says they go after the nose as well...

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #136959 on: August 19, 2018, 11:54:57 am »

Which is mildly odd. I think the closest I've ever had a live dragonfly come to actually touching me was when I nailed one mid-flight with a walking stick. The swing was intentional but the hit was utterly accidental.

They're usually pretty avoidant around these parts.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #136960 on: August 19, 2018, 12:07:25 pm »

Albeit slightly insane... But yes.

Dragonflies are pretty neato too. Or "eye-pokers" as they're called in Norwegian.

For whatever reason, between a few different languages and old wives tales, dragonflies are accused of attacking or invading just about every facial feature... Ears, eyes, mouth, and there's probably one or another out there that says they go after the nose as well...

Pounded in the eye by a Norwegian dragonfly.
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #136961 on: August 19, 2018, 01:14:12 pm »

Which is mildly odd. I think the closest I've ever had a live dragonfly come to actually touching me was when I nailed one mid-flight with a walking stick. The swing was intentional but the hit was utterly accidental.

They're usually pretty avoidant around these parts.
I've actually had a couple land on my finger before! But yeah, generally pretty skittish.

Today's WTF: Apparently people are getting EXTREMELY FUCKING ANGRY at the horrible, senseless animal abuse of... Letting kids draw things on horses. Some folks in the UK have apparently started a business where they bring a white horse along and the kids get to draw on them for a bit before they go home and get washed down. They've released statements saying that the paints used are harmless to the horses and that they're taken good care of.

On the other hand, PETA has also released a few statements, and they're exactly what you'd expect. And since it's rabble-rousing, it gets media attention and popular traction. "Would you subject yourself to this kind of treatment?"

Err... Yeah? I have before and I would again; it's fun and the kids have a blast. I mean, so long as they're not using sharpies or something... But that might just be me.

I mean, sure, I think some people can go a bit overboard with giving the family dog the crayon treatment, but if they're using animal-friendly washable colors and the "canvas" gets respected and treated nicely... I don't see what the big whoop is. There's always a risk associated with involving animals with children's parties, because children are noisy and stressful by nature, especially in groups... But I hardly think painting them is that much worse than anything else; you're going to need responsible handlers (of both the animals and the children) anyways. And I'm reasonably certain that horses don't give a shit about how terrible their temporary tattoos end up being.

I've seen some otherwise quite reasonable people get incredibly incensed by this development, and I'm honestly not sure that I follow.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #136962 on: August 19, 2018, 01:20:14 pm »

Small kids going near horses? Bad plan. But as horse treatment goes, that's a lot better than pretty much anything else done to horses.

Also it would technically be a "grey" horse, I think.
One wheel short of a wagon

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #136963 on: August 19, 2018, 01:22:46 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I have two better pictures of it climbing the wall but I can't get them to work atm.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #136964 on: August 19, 2018, 01:38:41 pm »

My housemate actually guides kids around a horse farm!  I checked with him and they actually do the horse-painting thing, even.  They use the calmer older horses, and he said they don't really mind because like getting cleaned afterward.

Having kids interact with horses always felt kinda dangerous to me, but apparently it's really safe for professional horse handlers.  It's the main business of my housemate's family, for years now.  Maybe I just met some mean horses when I was little (the horse handler down the road didn't like me).

I'm glad PETA continues to be so unlikable, because otherwise I'd like some of their supposed goals.  World Wildlife Fund, and the Sierra Club, are vastly more positive and less horrible.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.
Pages: 1 ... 9129 9130 [9131] 9132 9133 ... 10979