Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9130 9131 [9132] 9133 9134 ... 10974

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13003323 times)

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #136965 on: August 19, 2018, 01:58:16 pm »

WWF has noble goals, but I'd rather donate to developmental aid, instead of having my donations go to arming park rangers to shoot poachers.
Now if all poachers were hardy criminals, I wouldn't really mind, but the sad reality is that a some of them poachers are just 12 year old kids who are driven to poaching out of poverty.
Better donate to improving their situation so they don't need to poach than to support killing them.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #136966 on: August 19, 2018, 01:58:24 pm »

Yes, it is awfully convenient to be able to hate everything that PETA does without feeling the least bit conflicted about it.
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #136967 on: August 19, 2018, 02:00:08 pm »

Small kids going near horses? Bad plan.
Yeah, that's my main issue as well. I don't trust the skittish bastards or their capacity for destruction, and I don't trust the horses either.

And I suppose it indeed would be a grey horse. I'm not much of an equestrian, myself, so I'm not up-to-date on the terminology.

Having kids interact with horses always felt kinda dangerous to me, but apparently it's really safe for professional horse handlers.  It's the main business of my housemate's family, for years now.  Maybe I just met some mean horses when I was little (the horse handler down the road didn't like me).
I'm really not a horse person either, but I suppose that's an exposure thing. Never had much interactions with hawsies growing up, so my interpretation of them to date is still just "A whole lot of big attached to a whole little of brain".

However, they're at least group-oriented mammals, so they're still a rank or two above parrots for trustworthiness.

Yes, it is awfully convenient to be able to hate everything that PETA does without feeling the least bit conflicted about it.
S'pose that's the one thing they do right, eh?  *Sigh*, I've got a lot of PETA supporters in my extended family... It's either PETA or it's Trump, take your pick.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #136968 on: August 19, 2018, 02:13:26 pm »

I've been around horses a few times and they are like dogs to me. Don't trust one you don't know without their owner about. Other than that I find them intriguing, beautiful and huge and intimidating.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #136969 on: August 19, 2018, 02:57:27 pm »

"Would you subject yourself to this kind of treatment?"
They should have gone straight to asking if anybody would subject themselves to being rode on.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #136970 on: August 19, 2018, 03:41:51 pm »

They should have gone straight to asking if anybody would subject themselves to being rode on.

define "being rode on"
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #136971 on: August 19, 2018, 04:50:58 pm »

define "being rode on"
"Yes."

So I've popped on a "listen to Vietnamese phrases while you sleep" because I'm in a weird/sad mood and felt it was somehow more constructive than just the usual imgur meme browsing or listening to Spotfiy try to assemble any kind of prog or experimental playlist...

Anyways, one of the 'useful/common' phrases that got repeated here was "What does 'car' mean in English?", which I'm struggling to find a way of fitting into the conversation.

Also GF is frying up some sausages. At 11:50 PM.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #136972 on: August 19, 2018, 05:59:53 pm »

Has your girlfriend imbibed some fermented grain water within the past few hours?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136973 on: August 19, 2018, 06:04:04 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I have two better pictures of it climbing the wall but I can't get them to work atm.

So, eh, you're telling me you're not consumed with terror every second of the day?

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #136974 on: August 19, 2018, 06:06:58 pm »

Nah, agonizing and horrible death by asphyxiation due to a sting from an insect is a thought I've lived with since four years of age.

I live in a death world with the inspiration for Xenomorphs living in my door and I'm fucking bored every day.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #136975 on: August 19, 2018, 06:07:19 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I have two better pictures of it climbing the wall but I can't get them to work atm.

So, eh, you're telling me you're not consumed with terror every second of the day?

That's my secret, Cap.

I'm always consumed with terror every second of the day.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136976 on: August 19, 2018, 07:34:30 pm »

Anyways, one of the 'useful/common' phrases that got repeated here was "What does 'car' mean in English?", which I'm struggling to find a way of fitting into the conversation.

You're supposed to substitute the Vietnamese for 'car' with whatever other Vietnamese word you don't understand. It is a useful phrase, but of course you can't see a way it fits into the conversation until you actually talk to a Vietnamese person and they say some word you don't understand.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #136977 on: August 19, 2018, 08:18:31 pm »

Thủy phi cơ của tôi có nhiều lươn
Love, scriver~

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #136978 on: August 19, 2018, 08:44:56 pm »

Thủy phi cơ của tôi có nhiều lươn

Thủy phi f'tagn
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #136979 on: August 19, 2018, 08:50:49 pm »

WWF has noble goals, but I'd rather donate to developmental aid, instead of having my donations go to arming park rangers to shoot poachers.
Now if all poachers were hardy criminals, I wouldn't really mind, but the sad reality is that a some of them poachers are just 12 year old kids who are driven to poaching out of poverty.
Better donate to improving their situation so they don't need to poach than to support killing them.
Enough bullets will improve their personal situation 100% though.
That's kind of tongue in cheek, but I honestly do not understand your reasoning... I don't believe humans are considered an endangered species in any part of the world.

Re: outcry about horse painting: yeah, that is phenomenally stupid. As long as the kids are controlled so that they aren't jamming their pens up the horse's nose or jabbing too hard or being noisy, what's the big deal?

Exactly. That's gotta be the worst possible argument they coulda used.
Next they'll be trying to tell us that cows, pigs, chickens et al are actually a bunch of vorephiles. :P
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.
Pages: 1 ... 9130 9131 [9132] 9133 9134 ... 10974