Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9131 9132 [9133] 9134 9135 ... 10974

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 12999271 times)

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #136980 on: August 19, 2018, 08:51:40 pm »

Thủy phi cơ của tôi có nhiều lươn

Thủy phi f'tagn
Fifteen dollars for both of us?
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136981 on: August 19, 2018, 08:56:14 pm »

Re: outcry about horse painting: yeah, that is phenomenally stupid. As long as the kids are controlled so that they aren't jamming their pens up the horse's nose or jabbing too hard or being noisy, what's the big deal?

It's still not as dumb as the protests against the Kimono wearing things at the museum, because "cultural appropriation". Note: the Kimono wearing was actually sponsored by a group representing Kimono manufacturers, because sales are dying out in Japan, and getting other nations interested in Kimonos is a survival necessity.

It seems the protestors would prefer that other cultures completely die out rather than let elements of them be "appropriated" by western people. The protesting is clearly cultural self-hate rather than giving a flying fuck about Kimonos (Japanese Americans were not represented among the protestors).
« Last Edit: August 19, 2018, 09:00:12 pm by Reelya »

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #136982 on: August 19, 2018, 08:59:52 pm »

There isn't much in this world that's as stupid as people who complain about "cultural appropriation".

Edit: I was actually thinking how good it would be to own a kimono just the other day. I could straighten and comb my hair, wrap it into some sort of queue/topknot, maybe jab some chopsticks in there for good measure... it would be quite a look.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2018, 09:02:37 pm by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136983 on: August 19, 2018, 09:02:56 pm »

Oh shit, something we agree on? I need to fix that.

... I had some cage eggs today, they were delicious because they're flavored by the salty chicken tears.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #136984 on: August 19, 2018, 09:04:36 pm »

Do those taste noticeably different from the tears soaking your body pillow, you filthy weeb? :P
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #136985 on: August 19, 2018, 09:43:35 pm »

To combine both topics somehow:  I totally appropriated (with currency) a can of boiled quail eggs from the local asian market.  They were amazing.

I also restocked on TVP and dry beans, but a little meat cloaca discharge goes a long way...

Edit:  Oh shoot I forgot my reason for posting: 
There isn't much in this world that's as stupid as people who complain about "cultural appropriation".

Edit: I was actually thinking how good it would be to own a kimono just the other day. I could straighten and comb my hair, wrap it into some sort of queue/topknot, maybe jab some chopsticks in there for good measure... it would be quite a look.
This sounds like a lot of fun!  Even just the hair part, heh!
« Last Edit: August 19, 2018, 09:45:57 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #136986 on: August 19, 2018, 11:37:13 pm »

Oh shit, something we agree on? I need to fix that.

... I had some cage eggs today, they were delicious because they're flavored by the salty chicken tears.
Do those taste noticeably different from the tears soaking your body pillow, you filthy weeb? :P

I laughed, ‘cause you’re both silly. And descended from criminals, luls.

My wtf is how much easier Vanilla Rimworld is with the Classic storyteller as opposed to the random one. I’ve researched pretty much everything which isn’t Spacer tech and I’m quickly running out of ideas.

I don’t even have proper defenses really.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #136987 on: August 20, 2018, 02:03:09 am »

Has your girlfriend imbibed some fermented grain water within the past few hours?
She had not. She just... Waited too long to take a shower (around 11), then decided she needed to eat again before going to bed. It's a regular work night where she needs to get up before 6 the next morning, and yet somehow bedtime gets stretched out to around 2 AM again.

If I pulled something like that, you can bet I'd get an earful about how it ruins her sleep schedule. Instead I just got some slight miffness because I'd already taken my meds and was thus too drowsy and tired to be as playful and attentive towards her as she wanted.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #136988 on: August 20, 2018, 01:04:56 pm »

My wife does that because she needs to watch whatever the most recent vampire soap is today. She works overnight, gets like 4 hours of sleep, then stays up til like 4am because a sexy werewolf is having relationship problems.

But she doesn't do the abuse thing.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #136989 on: August 20, 2018, 02:25:41 pm »

I love when you are part of a team evaluating some software for your company and you say "no, this software isn't good enough to replace the thing we are currently using."  It has one feature that's "better" than our existing one, but every other feature is implemented in a less convenient way. So we get more (non-critical) functionality, but less convenience.

But then they go ahead and replace it anyway.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #136990 on: August 20, 2018, 02:43:43 pm »

Im at a big theme park because my boss gave everyone the day off and free tickets to go, and, im bored. I came alone, and nothing sounds fun and everything makes me feel like a super awkard loser like i dont want to get on any of the rides, alone, or even stand in line, or buy lunch or anything. I dont even know why i came at this point. I still get a paid day off even if i went home. And now i feel like ive just wasted the companys money for no good reason
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136991 on: August 20, 2018, 02:53:57 pm »

I recommend eating all of the food you can find.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."

Dragonsploof

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136992 on: August 20, 2018, 06:06:53 pm »

That this thread has nearly 10,000 pages WTF?

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136993 on: August 20, 2018, 06:07:21 pm »

Mine has.....
....over 9000.

..hua.

Dragonsploof

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136994 on: August 20, 2018, 06:08:04 pm »

Mine has.....
....over 9000.

..hua.
I fucked up the number slightly.
Pages: 1 ... 9131 9132 [9133] 9134 9135 ... 10974