Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9135 9136 [9137] 9138 9139 ... 10974

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13000198 times)

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #137040 on: August 22, 2018, 01:22:39 pm »

Aldi scares me.

o_O

Is Aldi the German store? I'm highly biased against them (German stores) since back when my brother worked at Lidl. Horrible businesses. I avoid them whenever I can.

Wut? Lidl is bae.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #137041 on: August 22, 2018, 01:30:39 pm »

Man cannot live by bread alone, he needs LIDL too. They basically the best thing ever.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #137042 on: August 22, 2018, 01:33:26 pm »

If I had to describe myself, it'd be a anthrocentric environmentalist; We should keep the world safe and abundant so that we don't fuckin' die. (Personally, I'm of the opinion we should mass-exodus into space and leave Earth to the Sentinelese, the Amish, and nature.)

Greenpeace, PETA, Sea Shepherd, they're all hypocrites who either directly harm who they claim to protect (PETA, as above) or indirectly harm it by turning public opinion against their cause by being too extremist and hurting people.
Not fuckin' dying is indeed a noble goal. Mass exodus seems prohibitively expensive though, unless we start up something more efficient than rockets for taking people the first step, to orbit.
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #137043 on: August 22, 2018, 01:37:14 pm »

Lidl is  shitty place who treats it's employees like shit and also treats it's customers like shit. It's the capital of "this is highly unethical to do but it's not technically illegal so we're gonna do it" in grocery stores. Buying from Lidl is like travelling with Ryan Air.
Love, scriver~

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #137044 on: August 22, 2018, 01:47:21 pm »

Lidl is  shitty place who treats it's employees like shit and also treats it's customers like shit. It's the capital of "this is highly unethical to do but it's not technically illegal so we're gonna do it" in grocery stores. Buying from Lidl is like travelling with Ryan Air.

Weird, my experience has been the opposite. The folk that work there are always friendly and ask how you're doing etc, the food they sell is higher quality than the other shops around, 2nd highest pay of any supermarket in UK (I think Aldi edges them out but imo Aldi is 'faster paced' than Lidl, the people I know there like the work environment etc.

Though I will admit their two large baguettes for £1 offer is encouraging my bread addiction to get out of hand.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137045 on: August 22, 2018, 01:51:10 pm »

.....my experience has also been the opposite, even down to what they offer for pay. I almost applied to an Aldi's because of the really good pay scale they offered in my area. The employees there are generally just as nice to me as any other grocery store. The LIDL's bakery often offers BOGO deals on fresh muffins which I end up buying for my co-workers every other Friday.

I hadn't heard of any like, Wal-Mart level employee chicanery with them, have they been recently outed or something? To be fair I have noticed a significant regional different in ALL grocery stores having moved from NJ to VA. All the grocery stores in VA are of higher quality in every respect.

I'm genuinely interested in your apparently horrid grocing experience there, scriver. Do tell.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137046 on: August 22, 2018, 01:54:09 pm »

I mean, they're my brother's experiences, like I said.
Love, scriver~

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137047 on: August 22, 2018, 03:59:23 pm »

What, did they fling a cantaloupe at his head? Pay his cashier in raisins? Come on now, we wants to hear!

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #137048 on: August 22, 2018, 05:11:29 pm »

Anthrocentric environmentalist; We should keep the world safe and abundant so that we don't fuckin' die.

I like this, i’m using it.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #137049 on: August 22, 2018, 05:54:20 pm »

Ngg. Feeling a tad weak and dizzy. Nose is starting to feel stuffed.

Nnnnnnnnng.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137050 on: August 22, 2018, 06:09:29 pm »

What, did they fling a cantaloupe at his head? Pay his cashier in raisins? Come on now, we wants to hear!

Worse, they locked him in the milk freezer and he had to drink his way out as not to freeze himself to death!

I don't really remember many details, this was nearly ten years ago. I recall that they kept messing with people's employment and that they had shitty standards regarding expiration dates. Oh, and that nobody was allowed to take expired goods home.
Love, scriver~

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #137051 on: August 22, 2018, 06:11:31 pm »

That describes probably every supermarket chain ever.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #137052 on: August 22, 2018, 06:17:45 pm »

That last bit is almost universal IME (in the US at least).  Its either they don't want to get sued, or they don't want employees to say things are expired and then steal them.  Not sure which.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #137053 on: August 22, 2018, 06:22:14 pm »

Anthrocentric environmentalist; We should keep the world safe and abundant so that we don't fuckin' die.

I like this, i’m using it.
In environmental ethics, this is generally called "conservation ethics". Sometimes "shallow ecology", though that sounds a bit perjorative.

Though I guess what Descan said is probably more useful when you're in a discussion with people who don't believe we're fucking the planet. Given that they likely won't have read the wiki page on environmental ethics, and will just associate "conservation" with all those irritating people trying to stop them building orphan-meat factories in the rainforest.
One wheel short of a wagon

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #137054 on: August 22, 2018, 06:46:21 pm »

My doctor recently told me I have high blood pressure and today I had shooting chest pains.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.
Pages: 1 ... 9135 9136 [9137] 9138 9139 ... 10974