Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9149 9150 [9151] 9152 9153 ... 10983

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13180401 times)

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #137250 on: August 27, 2018, 10:15:46 am »

I turn my signal on 125 feet before I turn. Like the law tells you to, at least here. >.>

Also going 15 mph under the limit is seriously fucking rude in good driving conditions. Five is fine, ten is tolerable around here with the curvy, hilly roads, but fifteen is saying, "Fuck everyone else on the road. They should wait for me."

Ahem /rant

What about assholes like me, driving exactly the speed limit at 50 when everyone else is passing me at 70+, who apparently have something goddamn important to get to in a hurry all the time?

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #137251 on: August 27, 2018, 10:17:11 am »

I turn my signal on 125 feet before I turn. Like the law tells you to, at least here. >.>

Also going 15 mph under the limit is seriously fucking rude in good driving conditions. Five is fine, ten is tolerable around here with the curvy, hilly roads, but fifteen is saying, "Fuck everyone else on the road. They should wait for me."

Ahem /rant

What about assholes like me, driving exactly the speed limit at 50 when everyone else is passing me at 70+, who apparently have something goddamn important to get to in a hurry all the time?
Bleh, I hate that dilemma. I feel like i'm in the right tho, still, so I think  you're  fine.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #137252 on: August 27, 2018, 10:18:59 am »

Stay on the left?  Or right, if youre a Euro-heathen.

Its not people at the speed limit who are obnoxious, I mostly just roll my eyes at that or even go along.  Its those under it in front of you or over it behind you with hibeams.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #137253 on: August 27, 2018, 10:20:42 am »

Ahem /rant

You should find something important in your life, obviously.

Also, technically, if everyone except you is going 70 in the 50 zone, you're the one who's most disruptive to traffic as a whole. It's kinda dumb, but the unspoken rule is "flow of traffic"... If it's just one or two assholes, fuck'em, they're being disruptive. But if you're the only one enforcing the speed limit, then you're posing a risk to everyone else.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #137254 on: August 27, 2018, 10:31:49 am »

I usually go the limit or five over if the road is clear.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137255 on: August 27, 2018, 10:35:18 am »

-snip-
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 02:29:05 pm by dragdeler »
let

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #137256 on: August 27, 2018, 10:39:32 am »

Ahem /rant

You should find something important in your life, obviously.

Also, technically, if everyone except you is going 70 in the 50 zone, you're the one who's most disruptive to traffic as a whole. It's kinda dumb, but the unspoken rule is "flow of traffic"... If it's just one or two assholes, fuck'em, they're being disruptive. But if you're the only one enforcing the speed limit, then you're posing a risk to everyone else.

And that's why everyone should drive at 130 in the 70 zone like I fo
Love, scriver~

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #137257 on: August 27, 2018, 10:44:57 am »

He has a point.

It’s a silly one since it usually (in my limited experience) happens mostly in and around major cities when the density of drivers is at its greatest, so people generally go too fast round curves and charge across four lanes of traffic because why not.

Speed limits are there to let people know the fastest they can drive safely in optimum conditions. In practice it seems to be “this is the slowest you can drive without being the much of a dick to everyone else if you’re in the lane for the slowest traffic”.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #137258 on: August 27, 2018, 11:55:37 am »

There's a good case to be made for going faster, especially if everyone else is- if you're relatively much slower than everyone else in traffic, you're an obstacle and an interruption to standard flow, and that's dangerous. You know all those times you've got some grandma crawling along the freeway and people are slamming on brakes and swerving to get around her? You gotta go the common speed, or at least near to it, and for the love of everything sacred, stay in the slow lane if you're taking a leisurely pace.

If they're below the speed limit? Sure, you might have a point. If they're on the speed limit? No, slow the fuck down.

And if you have to slam your breaks you're probablu too close to the car in front of you anyway, slow down even more.
Love, scriver~

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #137259 on: August 27, 2018, 12:09:06 pm »

I'm with Scrivener on this one; speed limits exist for a reason.  Just because everyone else doesn't recognize how dangerous cars are doesn't mean you shouldn't.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #137260 on: August 27, 2018, 12:50:43 pm »

So, doing a cursory google check, the laws would appear to state that it is illegal and unacceptable to exceed (5mph over) the posted speed limit for any reason. This includes keeping with the flow of traffic, and passing.

Yes, passing. You're not allowed to push the accelerator to scoot past and get out of the oncoming lane faster than (5 mph over) the posted speed limit.

So that's that. Learned something new today. Interesting point to note that in Norway, with Kmph, the "fudge zone" is 10% of the posted speed limit, not a set number like 5. So if the limit is 80kmph you can go up to 88, if it's 40 you can't exceed 44.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #137261 on: August 27, 2018, 04:07:17 pm »

All machines are murder machines if you stick the right body parts into the right places.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #137262 on: August 27, 2018, 04:21:19 pm »

I know plenty well cars are giant metal murder machines- I'm dumb enough to own a motorcycle after all, that point at least is plenty clear to me. Yes, people should go the speed limit. No, they don't. If eveyone's doing ten over, then relatively speaking, you're doing ten under and that makes you an obstacle. Going the limit is safest, but going with traffic instead of with the limit is safer than being right. Best thing to do is be consistent and predictable, and helping to keep traffic that way helps to keep you safe, because heaven knows, there are plenty of drivers out there that won't be.

You’ll still get a ticket if you get pulled over though. The only driver you can control is yourself; just ‘cause everyone else appears to be an asshole, doesn’t mean you need to join them :p people can pass you if they don’t like it.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #137263 on: August 27, 2018, 05:05:07 pm »

That sort of road madness isn't such a thing in Ireland. You're supposed to thank other drivers for letting you past by doing a mini wave with whichever fingers can be stuck up from the steering wheel. You're also supposed to wave politely to people who let you cros the street. This happens enough for there to be waving rules, which goes to say a lot. There's a sort of... Communication between drivers that you get mentally used to.
I don't actually drive though, I take the train into town.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2018, 05:06:57 pm by Imic »
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #137264 on: August 27, 2018, 05:09:34 pm »

We do have one finger that can be raised in salute of fellow drivers with whom we share the roadways.

I regularly allow people to enter the flow of traffic, but my commute is almost all done via a one-lane interstate route that goes through rich-religious-rural people's towns.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!
Pages: 1 ... 9149 9150 [9151] 9152 9153 ... 10983