Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9150 9151 [9152] 9153 9154 ... 10973

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 12996062 times)

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #137265 on: August 27, 2018, 05:11:05 pm »

We do have one finger that can be raised in salute of fellow drivers with whom we share the roadways.
Everyone always does it in Ireland, using most of their hand. It's impolite not to, and you will be shamed till death by your naggingness that will go away within an hour of you forgetting what you did.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #137266 on: August 27, 2018, 05:14:43 pm »

There's no clean water at my sister's dorm and she got so angry arguing with the staff she came home to vent at my dad.

All machines are murder machines if you stick the right body parts into the right places.

A coworker lost the tip of her finger in a binding machine a few months ago. We aren't too certain how, since the openings are too small for sticking anything into, aside from some specialized tools. Though I could see getting burned on the heater easily enough, since my dumb ass got burned a few times. Pretty much all my work injuries are self-inflicted idiocy though.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2018, 05:17:00 pm by BlackFlyme »

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #137267 on: August 27, 2018, 05:29:20 pm »

I have a big red cut across my wrist from dropping a box of cat food at work. I tried to catch it with my wrists.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #137268 on: August 27, 2018, 05:58:04 pm »

That sort of road madness isn't such a thing in Ireland. You're supposed to thank other drivers for letting you past by doing a mini wave with whichever fingers can be stuck up from the steering wheel. You're also supposed to wave politely to people who let you cros the street. This happens enough for there to be waving rules, which goes to say a lot. There's a sort of... Communication between drivers that you get mentally used to.
I don't actually drive though, I take the train into town.

RELEVANT QUESTION: Are electric scooters legal to drive in cycling lanes??
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #137269 on: August 27, 2018, 07:44:26 pm »

I am not simply contemplating but actually planning a 4-hour (each way) train trip with the primary goal being pizza and beer. Kind of seems bizarre when I look at it from that perspective.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #137270 on: August 27, 2018, 07:46:07 pm »

I have a big red cut across my wrist from dropping a box of cat food at work. I tried to catch it with my wrists.

I once sliced my palm wide open with an ear of corn. I'll wait while you figure out how. O.o
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #137271 on: August 27, 2018, 08:02:54 pm »

I once sliced my palm wide open with an ear of corn. I'll wait while you figure out how. O.o

The sharp part at the non-pointy end?
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #137272 on: August 27, 2018, 08:04:01 pm »

I'm guessing sex act gone wrong.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #137273 on: August 27, 2018, 09:09:56 pm »

Rather the Roman kind of TP?
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #137274 on: August 27, 2018, 11:28:22 pm »

I keep my hair cut short.

When it falls out, it can be rather pointy.

One time I discovered that the pain in my toe was actually a hair that'd broken the skin somehow.

A few other times I've had hairs in the corners of my eyes (where the stuff that builds up in your sleep usually is).

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #137275 on: August 27, 2018, 11:49:58 pm »

That sort of road madness isn't such a thing in Ireland. You're supposed to thank other drivers for letting you past by doing a mini wave with whichever fingers can be stuck up from the steering wheel. You're also supposed to wave politely to people who let you cros the street. This happens enough for there to be waving rules, which goes to say a lot. There's a sort of... Communication between drivers that you get mentally used to.
I don't actually drive though, I take the train into town.

RELEVANT QUESTION: Are electric scooters legal to drive in cycling lanes??

Fuck no!

And no skateboards, skates, scoot-by-footers, or segways in the pedestrian lane! Find a cycle lane or get on the road with the other vehicle, you lazy fuck! *Involuntary old man mode engaged*
Love, scriver~

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #137276 on: August 28, 2018, 02:01:34 am »

A Facebook friend who I met in a meme group is asking me if I want to get into the dog chews business. ???
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #137277 on: August 28, 2018, 02:08:08 am »

Doesn't pet treats have all the health and processing requirements of human food?  I guess maybe you can use cheaper ingredients while still charging the same amount, but I never understood the reasoning why folks would produce pet food over human food when all the sanitation requirements are identical, seems like you'd have a bigger market making people food.  Then again I'm no economist, so I may be very wrong.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137278 on: August 28, 2018, 02:34:02 am »

It's about supply vs demand.

Say it was more profitable to make "human food" so some of the raw materials gets diverted to that. Then, there's more supply in the human food market and there's downward pressure on prices since there's an oversupply compared to baseload demand. This makes it less profitable, so the pendulum swings the other way.

No matter how much demand there is for pet food vs human food then, amounts of raw materials will be allocated until it hits an equilibrium where profitability makes no difference to which one you make - since if there was a profit difference, resources would shift in that direction.

For example, say "ham for dogs" and "ham for humans" are identical products, but people are willing to pay $6 for ham-for-dogs vs $12 for a ham-for-humans (at current supply rates). Then, someone invariably says "dammit why are we even making 'ham for dogs', let's relabel it as 'ham for humans'". This process continues and the difference in profit margins will disappear completely over time, and likely, the "ham for dogs" product would just vanish since being dogfood had negative connotations which reduced the price, so it's always better to make less of it.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2018, 02:42:53 am by Reelya »

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #137279 on: August 28, 2018, 02:36:01 am »

Meat scraps are like 99% cheaper and there's lots of kinds of meat and fish that humans won't eat out of habit and custom, and trawlers don't give a damn about what fish it nets.
Love, scriver~
Pages: 1 ... 9150 9151 [9152] 9153 9154 ... 10973