Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9151 9152 [9153] 9154 9155 ... 10970

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 12951685 times)

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #137280 on: August 28, 2018, 03:25:43 am »

I think the whole Virtual Youtuber craze has gone a bit too far: Introducing Virtual Abused Housewife Reiko.

I don't know what's more wtf, that this is a thing, or that she already has 25,000 subscribers after a single ~3 minute video.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #137281 on: August 28, 2018, 04:51:04 am »

Virtual Youtuber craze?

What?

What?

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #137282 on: August 28, 2018, 05:11:57 am »

I have a big red cut across my wrist from dropping a box of cat food at work. I tried to catch it with my wrists.

I once sliced my palm wide open with an ear of corn. I'll wait while you figure out how. O.o

The sharp part at the non-pointy end?

Pretty much. Turns out corn stalks are very stiff and often break in long triangular cross-sectioned pieces that are functionally weird weak knives.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #137283 on: August 28, 2018, 05:18:50 am »

I have a big red cut across my wrist from dropping a box of cat food at work. I tried to catch it with my wrists.

I once sliced my palm wide open with an ear of corn. I'll wait while you figure out how. O.o

The sharp part at the non-pointy end?

Pretty much. Turns out corn stalks are very stiff and often break in long triangular cross-sectioned pieces that are functionally weird weak knives.

Not really related, but this just reminds me of one time I was playing as a botanist in SS13, and I'd sharpened a bunch of carrots into shivs before putting them on the public counter right outside hydroponics.

Of course, this is usually where botanists put food to feed the crew since the chef either doesn't exist or isn't doing his job... So people would come by, see "carrots", and attempt to feed themselves by... Repeatedly stabbing their faces with the shivs.

I'm surprised I didn't get in more trouble for that... I honestly didn't even consider that people would think they were food.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #137284 on: August 28, 2018, 05:24:53 am »

That sort of road madness isn't such a thing in Ireland. You're supposed to thank other drivers for letting you past by doing a mini wave with whichever fingers can be stuck up from the steering wheel. You're also supposed to wave politely to people who let you cros the street. This happens enough for there to be waving rules, which goes to say a lot. There's a sort of... Communication between drivers that you get mentally used to.
I don't actually drive though, I take the train into town.

RELEVANT QUESTION: Are electric scooters legal to drive in cycling lanes??

Fuck no!

And no skateboards, skates, scoot-by-footers, or segways in the pedestrian lane! Find a cycle lane or get on the road with the other vehicle, you lazy fuck! *Involuntary old man mode engaged*
With electric scooter I meant one of these, not an actual motorbike

I was inquiring of Imic because I need to know the Ireland status quo
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #137285 on: August 28, 2018, 05:45:31 am »

That's an electric scoot-by-footer, goes on bicycle lanes or with the other vehicles in the street. Next!
Love, scriver~

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #137286 on: August 28, 2018, 05:48:46 am »

That's an electric scoot-by-footer, goes on bicycle lanes or with the other vehicles in the street. Next!
I know there's been a lot of confusion with the whole Brexit ordeal, but I'm reasonably certain that Sweden still isn't part of Ireland.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #137287 on: August 28, 2018, 05:52:18 am »

I recently became a objectivist, I am reasonably certain that means all my opinions are now universal fact.

Speaking of which. The liberal party is literally running on making all immigrants debt-slaves this year (election in like a few weeks). One step closer to cyberpunk!
Love, scriver~

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #137288 on: August 28, 2018, 06:27:39 am »

I recently became a objectivist, I am reasonably certain that means all my opinions are now universal fact.

I'm sigging this
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #137289 on: August 28, 2018, 06:29:39 am »

Need a square bracket at the start there
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #137290 on: August 28, 2018, 06:42:14 am »

dang. fixed

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137291 on: August 28, 2018, 07:22:14 am »

A Facebook friend who I met in a meme group is asking me if I want to get into the dog chews business. ???

Exactly what is the business? The first thought is dog food, but that's a glutted market unless you're doing something unique. Then the thought hit me: market yourself as a personal pet chef that visits homes to cook fresh gourmet pet food for people's dogs, and appeal to the overwealthy yuppie crowd that want to spoil their precious bowwows with frivolous luxuries.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #137292 on: August 28, 2018, 07:28:10 am »

I think the whole Virtual Youtuber craze has gone a bit too far: Introducing Virtual Abused Housewife Reiko.

I don't know what's more wtf, that this is a thing, or that she already has 25,000 subscribers after a single ~3 minute video.
Definitely the number of subscribers. The existence isn't particularly surprising, that so little content got that much response is more odd.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #137293 on: August 28, 2018, 07:33:07 am »

Surely that's not actually the idea behind- that's literally the concept, alright.
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137294 on: August 28, 2018, 07:33:24 am »

Definitely the number of subscribers. The existence isn't particularly surprising, that so little content got that much response is more odd.

Auto-translate on youtube has a lot of flaws, it never translates anything right, but in this case it makes her sound realistically brain damaged, which would be in-character for the amount of abuse she's apparently been through.
Pages: 1 ... 9151 9152 [9153] 9154 9155 ... 10970