Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9198 9199 [9200] 9201 9202 ... 10970

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 12950503 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #137985 on: September 14, 2018, 08:09:45 pm »

I still can't get over the fact someone decided naming a Char clone Full Frontal was a good idea. Why, gundam, why.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137986 on: September 14, 2018, 08:12:29 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 02:32:31 pm by dragdeler »
let

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #137987 on: September 15, 2018, 12:12:19 am »

A friend of mine is playing a mobile game.  the english version of a mobile game he has been playing in Japanese for a year now, but it got an english release so now he's 'playing' both.

I use 'playing' in quotes because for the english version he's doing nothing but rerolling, which is apparently playing to a certain point where you get a free roll on a lootbox for a character.  He tells me he is rerolling until he gets 2 specific characters from his free rerolls.  Those characters both have a 3% chance of happening.  I ran the figures using half remembered statistics math, and it comes to something like a 0.09% chance of that actually happening each reroll.  I told him this, making sure to specify that that was not 9% but less than a tenth of 1% and he's still doing it. 

So not only is he spending all his time NOT playing a game on the minuscule chance he'll get crazy lucky, he's doing it on a game he already has (and he has both those characters already in the JP version) WTF.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137988 on: September 15, 2018, 01:35:56 am »

I really hate clickbait headlines. There was just a news story with this tag:

POLICE were sure they knew the identity of the man ... but they didn’t have enough evidence to convict him — until an expert noticed something about his hands.

Which sounds like you're going to get some interesting quirky bit of detective work. What the actual story was was that the culprits hands were visible in an incriminating video - and the "expert" mentioned was a forensic photography expert brought in especially to compare his hands to the video. Of course they fucking "noticed something about his hands" - they noticed that they were the same hands as in the crime-scene video.

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #137989 on: September 15, 2018, 04:14:42 am »

A friend of mine is playing a mobile game.  the english version of a mobile game he has been playing in Japanese for a year now, but it got an english release so now he's 'playing' both.

I use 'playing' in quotes because for the english version he's doing nothing but rerolling, which is apparently playing to a certain point where you get a free roll on a lootbox for a character.  He tells me he is rerolling until he gets 2 specific characters from his free rerolls.  Those characters both have a 3% chance of happening.  I ran the figures using half remembered statistics math, and it comes to something like a 0.09% chance of that actually happening each reroll.  I told him this, making sure to specify that that was not 9% but less than a tenth of 1% and he's still doing it. 

So not only is he spending all his time NOT playing a game on the minuscule chance he'll get crazy lucky, he's doing it on a game he already has (and he has both those characters already in the JP version) WTF.

FGO is a motherfucker.
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #137990 on: September 15, 2018, 04:52:45 am »

There was some dude at the train station just now screeching (I assume) into a handsfree phone about "they can't prove anything" and "surveillance cameras", but the real WTF is how much he sounded like the Man From Another Place.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137991 on: September 15, 2018, 06:26:06 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 02:32:04 pm by dragdeler »
let

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #137992 on: September 15, 2018, 06:30:59 pm »

I vaguely remember some trick for that. I think if you shift right click the taskbar icon for the window you can bring up the move command, and then use the arrow keys to move it back onscreen.

Edit:  Seems to be an old fix, fitting since last time I did big computer work windows 7 had just come out.   On newer windows shift right click and choosing cascade or side by side will bring it back too.

EDIT2: And the game my friend is playing is Star Ocean Amnesis.  From a quick google that looks just as bothersome though :)
« Last Edit: September 15, 2018, 06:36:12 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137993 on: September 15, 2018, 06:34:37 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 02:32:11 pm by dragdeler »
let

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #137994 on: September 16, 2018, 03:57:39 pm »

alt+space, then press m.
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #137995 on: September 16, 2018, 04:07:48 pm »

I learned about the alt+arrow key hotkey to orient the screen after one of the dogs walked across the keyboard and flipped my display upside-down.

He also once managed to shunt the video output to a projector that didn't exist, thereby turning the screen completely blank and unresponsive.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #137996 on: September 16, 2018, 07:03:20 pm »

Are you sure your dog isn't a technowizard trapped in a dog's body?
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #137997 on: September 16, 2018, 07:45:52 pm »

Vertigo. Why is this a biological thing... seriously, what evolutionary advantage is this? Is it actually to cause those of us that get sinus infections to plummet to our doom because we didn't resist the illness?

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137998 on: September 16, 2018, 08:05:55 pm »

It's a flaw of how our bodies keep balanced rather than a desired trait. Stuff goes wrong in your inner ear and since that's where the apparatus for determining your sense of balance is it makes you dizzy.

Thing is that there's not really a better way for us to orient ourselves than what amounts to two organic spirit levels on either side of our head even though it's vulnerable to some failures.

Like bipedalism, terrible thing really, does a horrible amount of damage to the spine, but it's also really useful so we're stuck with it.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #137999 on: September 16, 2018, 08:08:18 pm »

Complicated machinery develops some complicated bugs.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.
Pages: 1 ... 9198 9199 [9200] 9201 9202 ... 10970