Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9203 9204 [9205] 9206 9207 ... 10980

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13145651 times)

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #138060 on: September 18, 2018, 05:53:14 am »

-snip-
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 02:36:24 pm by dragdeler »
let

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #138061 on: September 18, 2018, 05:57:52 am »

Skull morphology of neanderthal specimens suggests a different "weighting" on how they processed sensory information, and thus there would be biological disposition to very different interpretation of the same sensory sources.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #138062 on: September 18, 2018, 06:06:14 am »

Some opinions are more genetic then others, like for example "babies are cute", "I like breathing", or "dubstep is a secret project by rogue CIA agents to subconsciously influence kids think more favourably of George W Bush".
Love, scriver~

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #138063 on: September 18, 2018, 06:08:58 am »

The neanderthals are known for their disdain of breathing.

It is unclear how they died out.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138064 on: September 18, 2018, 06:15:36 am »

I wish I could give you a +1 cinder
Love, scriver~

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #138065 on: September 18, 2018, 06:28:26 am »

For a while in Europe, there were two seperate species of Human living side by side. That’s some Tolkien shit there.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138066 on: September 18, 2018, 06:57:40 am »

We should clone Neanderthals, impregnate them, and send them back in time to become our own ancestors
Love, scriver~

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #138067 on: September 18, 2018, 06:59:40 am »

I consume
I purchase
I consume again

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #138068 on: September 18, 2018, 07:03:48 am »

We should clone Neanderthals, impregnate them, and send them back in time to become our own ancestors
Your plan sounds suspiciously like a thinly veiled attempt to create your own sex slaves.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138069 on: September 18, 2018, 07:09:38 am »

"I like breathing"

[Citation Needed]

Why don't you hold your breath while I get my source: P

Your plan sounds suspiciously like a thinly veiled attempt to create your own sex slaves.

Totally not! I would never fuck a relative.
Love, scriver~

Ziusudra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138070 on: September 18, 2018, 07:22:37 am »

Totally not! I would never fuck a relative.
So you only do it with inanimate objects? Every living thing on the planet might very well have a common ancestor.

Oh, and: if we all have a common ancestor then our parents did and were however distant cousins - and half your DNA is from and one and the other half from the other - then half your DNA is cousin to the other half. So we are each our own cousin.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2018, 07:56:16 am by Ziusudra »
Ironblood didn't use an axe because he needed it. He used it to be kind. And right now he wasn't being kind.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #138071 on: September 18, 2018, 08:54:53 am »

I’ll give some benefit of the doubt between Homo Sapiens and Neanderthalis, but i’d Love to see the common ancestor between bears and spinifex.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

GPeter

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate forum poster.
    • View Profile
« Reply #138072 on: September 18, 2018, 09:54:09 am »

Oh, and: if we all have a common ancestor then our parents did and were however distant cousins - and half your DNA is from and one and the other half from the other - then half your DNA is cousin to the other half. So we are each our own cousin.

Can you draw a family tree explaining this? I kinda tilted trying to understand...
Yeah, there's plenty of information out there, but you don't need that information to form an opinion and then defend it to the death.
Hey, don't be like that. Your life never had any meaning in the first place!

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138073 on: September 18, 2018, 10:06:13 am »

The rules for cousins are actually pretty interesting and can be extended to be more comprehensive.

A 1st cousin is a descendant of your parent's siblings, a 2nd cousin is a descendant of your parent's parent's siblings, a 3rd cousin is a descendant of your parent's parent's parent's siblings and so on. Actual siblings can quite reasonably be called "0th cousins" and this fits the pattern in a logical and mathematically satisfying way.

Also, there's a concept of "double cousins" where one pair of siblings marries another pair of siblings - they're double-cousins by the fact that they can trace cousin-hood from either their mother's side or father's side. If you extend the concept that siblings are 0th-cousins, then a full sibling is in fact a double-0th-cousin while a half-sibling is a single-0th-cousin. However ... since everyone traces back to common ancestors, everyone is really double-cousins by definition, but your cousin-level (as in 1st cousin, 2nd cousin, 3rd cousin and so forth) is different on your mother's side vs father's side. We just call them double-cousins when the cousin-level on both sides of the tree is the same.

How it works that you can be your own cousin is that if you go back far enough on your mother's side and father's side you share common ancestors, therefore by the rules you can work out what cousin-type you'd be to yourself if your were separate people. So you could be your own 17th-cousin by the rules as outlined, since there are multiple lines of inheritance that connect you with the same common ancestor.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2018, 10:10:14 am by Reelya »

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #138074 on: September 18, 2018, 10:07:51 am »

It's not even a matter of common ancestor; there's evidence suggesting that cro-magnon and neanderthals intermarried at various points during their parallel history. There are (theoretically) still a few people with bits and pieces of neanderthal DNA living in the modern world.
Pages: 1 ... 9203 9204 [9205] 9206 9207 ... 10980