Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9293 9294 [9295] 9296 9297 ... 10970

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 12952598 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #139410 on: October 27, 2018, 09:43:42 pm »

Post it.

The only way to be sure is to post it.
Thanks for the excellent advice! Perhaps once I am banned from Facebook my productivity will increase. :))

Nothing involving, connected with, or adjacent to the NPC meme is ever tasteful. It is an abomination and is used only by horrible people.
Well then, now it's official I guess.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #139411 on: October 27, 2018, 10:12:24 pm »

Oh jeez, the anti-GMO groups in Russia are both meticulous and retarded. They slapped a "GMO-free" sticker onto bottled water.

Hey, some companies making gluten-free products mark naturally gluten-free products as such purely so they can charge twice the price for it.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #139412 on: October 27, 2018, 10:21:03 pm »

That goes well with the Gluten Free*! products that are also fairly common.

*May not actually be gluten free.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #139413 on: October 28, 2018, 12:18:38 am »

It's funny because literally all human beings are NPCs and it makes no sense to call someone an NPC.

You say that like you've never been played before.
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

Dozebôm Lolumzalěs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #139414 on: October 28, 2018, 12:20:43 am »

Oh jeez, the anti-GMO groups in Russia are both meticulous and retarded. They slapped a "GMO-free" sticker onto bottled water.

Hey, some companies making gluten-free products mark naturally gluten-free products as such purely so they can charge twice the price for it.

What next, asbestos-free cereal?
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139415 on: October 28, 2018, 03:12:30 am »

-snip-
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 03:03:06 pm by dragdeler »
let

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #139416 on: October 28, 2018, 03:34:46 am »

I don’t know... I’ll miss that delicious shredded feeling that my stomach gets when I eat Asbestos.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139417 on: October 28, 2018, 05:05:29 am »

Asbest-Os! For when breakfast is the first AND last meal of your day!
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #139418 on: October 28, 2018, 06:37:11 am »

Impress your friends! Annoy your crematorium!
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139419 on: October 28, 2018, 07:15:38 am »

You know, it's been months since I've last thought of it, but I want to put it on the record: Pocket Card Jockey for the 3DS is the most depressing game ever made.

You might ask, why is a game about playing solitaire and racing horses so depressing? Because you're placed into the Star Trek Kobayashi Maru game; i.e. a game that is designed to be unwinnable and spites you even if you perform perfectly. Some history is required: Pocket Card Jockey was a game originally for mobile phones, and it had shameless microtransactions to help you along; Naturally, the game is balanced with these microtransactions in mind. That is, it's Bullshit hard. When it was ported to the 3DS, it lost the microtransactions... but kept the BS Difficulty unchanged.

So everything is grossly overpriced in the store, your opponents are riding 'roided up super horses, and every mistake is held against you forever: you MUST win every race because after you lose 3 races total your horse is taken from you and sent to better pastures. And winning doesn't mean "Top 3", it means "First place or nothing"; your manager doesn't give a flying fuck if you beat all ten of the other riders but one and came home with the silver trophy, your horse is going to the glue factory, pick out a new one I don't care if you liked your horse and hate these new ones Elmers is already here I hope you said your goodbyes.

Combine that with the fact that RNG plays a major factor in races, and you're going to be chewing through a lot of horses just because of random chance. And before you ask: No, savescumming doesn't work, the designers already thought of that and punish you for trying.

You get to raise up your own horses at least. Every horse has an adolescent phase where it grows quickly... then it stops getting any stronger or faster once it hits adulthood... I don't care about the biology of horses, I just feel this is a very pessimistic viewpoint on life being implemented into a game mechanic by the designers. Like the game is trying to say "Oh, all your potential and growth was confined to your childhood, and if you didn't capitalize on that fully when you had the chance and now you're a shitty adult? FUCKING SORRY YOU'RE GOING TO SUCK FOREVER! NO MORE GROWTH OR CHANGE FOR YOU! SHOULD'VE USED THAT NARROW TIMEFRAME BETTER DUMBASS! OH AND SOMETIMES YOUR GENETICS JUST PLAIN FUCKING SUCK SO EVEN YOUR CHILDHOOD GROWTH DOESN'T MATTER SORRY!!!" ... perhaps I'm over-empathizing with videogame horses, but that's the feeling I picked up from the game.

What it was that convinced me to put down the game was that I had finally raised myself a pretty good horse, and I was obligated to ride in a big shot race with opponents that are more beefy and roided up than ever before. I run the race perfectly though, I get all the bonuses, I'm taking the perfect line through the course, I'm taking all the biggest risks and they're all paying off, my horse is EXPLODING with raw solitaire energy... and I still get my ass beat cause my opponents are riding super horses bequeathed to my opponents by god. I don't even place. I get back to my stable and my horse gets minced up for stew despite performing so well... No extra chances, no acknowledgement of how well he did, no lenience or understanding given he was facing far superior opponents, it's just "Oh, he lost? Well, if you can kindly walk him over into this wood chipper, we'll pick you out a new one right away." It's just so soul crushing, to try your hardest, and to get beaten down regardless and made to start over from the bottom again and again...

Perhaps not the place for the WTF thread, but the game just popped back into my head randomly, and I haven't played it in forever but it still makes me upset just thinking about it.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #139420 on: October 28, 2018, 07:24:54 am »

No no no.  You have to make it even more horrible than even that kids.  You gotta stretch that truth so far that it nearly snaps. like this.

"DId you know 9 out of 10 doctors say that your average american is not getting enough fiber in their diet?  Why settle for low quality soluble fiber, when you can have high quality, non-soluble, and 100% natural fiber?  That's why we at Spishak inc. have created this amazing new breakfast cereal, with half the calories of the leading brand, and 300% more fiber*-- Asbest-Os! The ONLY cereal to contain 100% natural, MINERAL fiber! Guaranteed to never lose its natural abrasive properties, even under high temperatures and strong corrosive acids! Help keep your colon healthy** with this, our latest offering from Spishak inc!"

*Contains asbestos, a mineral fiber
**Oral consumption of asbestos has not been shown(+) to increase risk of colorectal cancer in humans, or cause other GI upset, when eaten in moderation.

+New federal regulations concerning the use of asbestos requires direct scientific evidence proving medically related conditions, specific to the use case. For use as a fiber suppliment, there is no scientific data available, so the use of asbestos in this manner should be regarded as GRAS.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139421 on: October 28, 2018, 07:37:47 am »

That reminds me of one from UK comedy The Goodies, in the episode about truth in advertising. 9 out of 10 doctors say that if you don't eat Sunblest white bread you'll be stomped to death by elephants ... It took forever to find the 9 doctors ... and the elephants.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #139422 on: October 28, 2018, 09:59:38 am »

This game sounds like Horse Master but as a legitimate game. You could literally add in the crushing poverty, horrifying cybernetics and enhancement aspect and sell it as a Darkest Dungeons-style experience.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #139423 on: October 28, 2018, 10:20:40 am »

Someone should make a linux distro called Asbest-OS
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #139424 on: October 28, 2018, 10:40:54 am »

Impress your friends! Kill all of the workers your crematorium!
FTFY
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.
Pages: 1 ... 9293 9294 [9295] 9296 9297 ... 10970