Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9304 9305 [9306] 9307 9308 ... 10973

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 12997719 times)

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #139575 on: November 04, 2018, 09:11:14 am »

In other wtf news for some reason facebook decided that I'm interested in targeted ads relating to "mary, mother of jesus".     ???

I'm getting funny experiences with "targeted" ads as of late.   A couple of months ago I was being showered with conservative right wing videos.  Maybe Ratzinger is hacking my account or something?
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #139576 on: November 04, 2018, 09:22:16 am »

Gawds!  It *WAS* a full moon a few days back!

Maybe.. Maybe you're a WERE-CONSERVATIVE!

Please, keep yourself locked up and away from the polling centers at night!

(LOL!)

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #139577 on: November 04, 2018, 10:14:04 am »

Don't botger. Conserve your strength.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #139578 on: November 04, 2018, 12:53:14 pm »

So, how did "No Nut November" trend/campaign get popular so quickly?
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #139579 on: November 04, 2018, 12:57:20 pm »

People are trying to earn achievements in real life now. It's ridiculous.

Is it actually any more popular than it's been before? It's been sort of a thing for years, but I can't say I really keep up with such matters.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #139580 on: November 04, 2018, 01:03:32 pm »

Is it actually any more popular than it's been before? It's been sort of a thing for years, but I can't say I really keep up with such matters.

Burger King has tweeted about it.
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #139581 on: November 04, 2018, 02:56:31 pm »

Dear Dress Casual Pants Designers;

Why bother looking for good fitting pants and my 32 inch waist size if you make everything 'stretch for comfort'?

why do I bother staying in shape if you are only going to cheapen the achievement?

(Dress) Casually Yours
      Piss
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139582 on: November 04, 2018, 03:20:14 pm »

Why is it that so many people that I pass by, I might acknowledge them with a head nod, and they fold their lips into their mouths nervously*? Is it social anxiety? I just want to slap these people across the mouth for making a stupid face at me.

*: I'm certain there's a word for it and I can't remember.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #139583 on: November 04, 2018, 03:23:51 pm »

Burger King has tweeted about it.

Thinking about burg king food does make me not want to bust a nut
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #139584 on: November 04, 2018, 03:31:39 pm »

Why is it that so many people that I pass by, I might acknowledge them with a head nod, and they fold their lips into their mouths nervously*? Is it social anxiety? I just want to slap these people across the mouth for making a stupid face at me.

It's called "white people face" and it's done to convey "I don't know you, but I sympathize with your situation of existing".

It's being polite and friendly, but not going over the top and showing teeth or uttering words. That might intimidate someone.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139585 on: November 04, 2018, 03:48:40 pm »

-
« Last Edit: November 04, 2018, 03:55:19 pm by JoshuaFH »

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #139586 on: November 04, 2018, 03:59:41 pm »

It's called "white people face" and it's done to convey "I don't know you, but I sympathize with your situation of existing".

It's being polite and friendly, but not going over the top and showing teeth or uttering words. That might intimidate someone.

It just looks like the kind of face you'd make as you have to willfully ignore a homeless person on the sidewalk.  That is, not being polite or friendly at all, but exactly the opposite. I guess it's another reason to hate America with it's population largely made up of privileged cowards that mentally fold at the thought of a challenge as benign as unexpected friendliness from a stranger.
Dude. You would never survive in a Nordic country.

People are terrified of how friendly and talkative Americans are. Making eye contact with someone you don't know on the street is unheard of and makes people extremely uncomfortable. There's a saying; "you know a Norwegian is warming up to you when they stare at your shoes instead of their own".

There are two occasions where it's acceptable to acknowledge a stranger: When you're hiking in the mountains, and when you're off-your-ass drunk. That's it. Going outside those boundaries is an indication that you're either mentally unstable or you're just really good at hiding how drunk you are.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139587 on: November 04, 2018, 04:08:00 pm »

Man that just sounds awful. I think a lot of modern affluence and technological luxuries have enabled an emotionally distant culture. I think that our period of affluence is going to be shortlived, and eventually we'll either gracefully decline into a much lower level of affluence with a return of communal spirit, or we'll rapidly plummet back into the dark ages through some catastrophic event and then it'll be back to tribal warfare with the survivors. I just think that this period is keeping us unprepared for the bad times that are surely ahead of us.

P.S. I deleted my post after a minute or so because I thought I was being irrational, making such a sweeping generalization at such an innocuous stimulus. Though that's still how I felt.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2018, 04:09:57 pm by JoshuaFH »

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #139588 on: November 04, 2018, 04:08:48 pm »

Nah it's just a graceless decline into the behavioural sink

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #139589 on: November 04, 2018, 04:12:20 pm »

It just looks like the kind of face you'd make as you have to willfully ignore a homeless person on the sidewalk.  That is, not being polite or friendly at all, but exactly the opposite. I guess it's another reason to hate America with it's population largely made up of privileged cowards that mentally fold at the thought of a challenge as benign as unexpected friendliness from a stranger.
Dude. You would never survive in a Nordic country.

People are terrified of how friendly and talkative Americans are. Making eye contact with someone you don't know on the street is unheard of and makes people extremely uncomfortable. There's a saying; "you know a Norwegian is warming up to you when they stare at your shoes instead of their own".

There are two occasions where it's acceptable to acknowledge a stranger: When you're hiking in the mountains, and when you're off-your-ass drunk. That's it. Going outside those boundaries is an indication that you're either mentally unstable or you're just really good at hiding how drunk you are.

Good lord yes. Americans and their whole actually communicating with strangers thing took me a while to get used to when I started working. Like, a year of having to do it for a few hours a day five days a week.

It’s easy now, and has actually made it easier to talk to people, but god damn, it was hard at first.

Also, smiles are weird, man.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.
Pages: 1 ... 9304 9305 [9306] 9307 9308 ... 10973