Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9447 9448 [9449] 9450 9451 ... 10980

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13138964 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #141720 on: January 12, 2019, 04:28:24 pm »

One of the Spanish girls, one I've long had a problem with, starts cursing at me in Spanish because I refuse to do something that is entirely her job to do that she didn't. I tell the manager about this, and she immediately turns it around as if it were somehow my fault. Doesn't even say a word to the girl, instead pins it entirely on me.

Just yesterday, the same girl tried using a clothing rack as a battering ram against my face. I didn't report it because I expected exactly what happened today.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #141721 on: January 12, 2019, 04:49:14 pm »

One of the platoon lads from my military days was driving a goods van on icy roads yesterday, had a head-on collision with a tanker truck and died on the spot.

He leaves behind a fiancee, their daughter, and a son on the way.

I should probably feel sad about the whole affair. Don't really feel much of anything about it. Fellow was honestly a bit of a cunt.

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141722 on: January 12, 2019, 06:13:07 pm »

One of the Spanish girls, one I've long had a problem with, starts cursing at me in Spanish because I refuse to do something that is entirely her job to do that she didn't. I tell the manager about this, and she immediately turns it around as if it were somehow my fault. Doesn't even say a word to the girl, instead pins it entirely on me.

Just yesterday, the same girl tried using a clothing rack as a battering ram against my face. I didn't report it because I expected exactly what happened today.

Find a different job, if it involves vaulting over the pits of hell itself. Attempted physical abuse without retribution is far over the line.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #141723 on: January 12, 2019, 06:29:29 pm »

Find a different job, if it involves vaulting over the pits of hell itself. Attempted physical abuse without retribution is far over the line.

*shrug*

"Latinas, am I right?"

*golf laugh*

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141724 on: January 12, 2019, 07:50:50 pm »

*shrug*

"Latinas, am I right?"

*golf laugh*

I think you know just as well as I do that I'm not being racist in any way. I don't care what ethnicity you are, if you attempt to harm me I do not want to work with you.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #141725 on: January 12, 2019, 08:20:52 pm »

you so racist you’d be elected in iowa
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #141726 on: January 12, 2019, 08:35:05 pm »

you so racist your whole house is made of walls
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #141727 on: January 12, 2019, 08:37:10 pm »

You so racist the racists think youre too racist.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #141728 on: January 13, 2019, 04:07:51 am »

You so racist your sperm swims in ovals
Love, scriver~

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #141729 on: January 13, 2019, 04:33:57 am »

I stayed largely sober at a party last night, and yet still ended up rather involved. Three people took it upon themselves to advise me on my personal life before a friend of mine was dumped by his boyfriend. Then another friend became extremely agitated over two people in our friendship group kissing, drank a great deal, tried to split them up, and had a rather involved heart-to-heart with me in a toilet.

I ended up finishing the evening strolling round the quad with a teetotal neighbour, chatting idly about our courses, wondering how the night got so sticky.

I never expected the first time freshers come back to uni to be as dangerous as fresher's week. Come to think of it, I should have seen it coming. I still don't get why people must tangle up their lives so.
One wheel short of a wagon

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #141730 on: January 13, 2019, 05:25:24 am »

You so racist your sperm swims in ovals
This is probably the the best one yet.

But yeah, Akura. Definitely see if there are other jobs available in nearby stores.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Castlecliff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141731 on: January 13, 2019, 11:19:29 pm »

Being on hold for 30 mins while I browse reddit and bay12.
Fuck me I could be browsing reddit or bay12

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #141732 on: January 13, 2019, 11:41:25 pm »

Why is it legal for people to have small, noisy children in public spaces like on trains and in waiting rooms?
Talk about bloody unfit parents. Give the poor little blighters to the State.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141733 on: January 14, 2019, 12:08:40 am »

Why is it legal for people to have small, noisy children in public spaces like on trains and in waiting rooms?
Talk about bloody unfit parents. Give the poor little blighters to the State.

Because if the only fit parents are people who can afford never to enter public spaces (or hire a caretaker every time they do), every child will be Donald Trump.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2019, 12:11:30 am by Trekkin »

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #141734 on: January 14, 2019, 12:11:59 am »

Because children generally don't care about how quiet you want them to be.
Also, biologically speaking, the smallness also can't be helped.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.
Pages: 1 ... 9447 9448 [9449] 9450 9451 ... 10980