Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9450 9451 [9452] 9453 9454 ... 10974

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 12999664 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #141765 on: January 14, 2019, 01:18:12 pm »

Turning console games into Steam cards sounds like a great idea. Everyone should do it.

Only 30 books sounds like something a crazy person would say though. Counting digital, I have literally thousands.
It's apparently a clutter reduction advice thing, on top of apparently being fairly misunderstood. It's less "no more than 30" and more "that's around an ideal point from a clutter standpoint, but can/should be reconsidered if books are seriously your shtick". Seems to be trying to recommend getting rid (with books, by donation or gifting or whatever) of stuff you're not actively involving yourself in.

It's also looks like it's fairly specific to physical junk, since it's about room space organization more than anything. Digital would largely, if not entirely, be irrelevant. Marie Kondo seems to be the person in question.

... incidentally, yeah, paring all your consoles down into digital would probably be less rules lawyering and more exactly on point. Console junk takes up a lot more space than your average digital game library, heh. The box, the wires, all the discs/cartridges/whatever... if you can get the same amount or near enough of enjoyment and only have the one computer to do it with, hey. There you go. Less clutter.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2019, 01:21:53 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141766 on: January 14, 2019, 01:24:51 pm »

Entirely correct. But people who care that much about clutter are just adding to their digital clutter.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #141767 on: January 14, 2019, 01:30:35 pm »

Digital clutter basically isn't a thing, though, outside of like the horrible messes I tend to make of my desktops after a while. Doesn't take up space, doesn't mess up a room, the most it might do is take up some mental attention and even that is far more easily dealt with. You just uninstall or hide whatever you're not actively playing around with. Particularly with stuff that comes pre-organized like with steam it's just... not the same sort of mess.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141768 on: January 14, 2019, 01:33:51 pm »

Or it's only an issue for nerds that hate clutter. I'm not one. Someone who hates clutter, that is. I'm a massive nerd. As the server hosting the meticulously-organized couple-hundred-GB ebook collection in my computer room attests.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #141769 on: January 14, 2019, 02:47:04 pm »

There's a lot to enjoy here.

1. A ballet dancer complaining about gay people.

2. David LaChapelle

3. "Let's slap fat people when you see them."

I'm just waiting for someone to confirm that this is a parody news site rather than a real one. It's so hard to tell these days...

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #141770 on: January 14, 2019, 05:53:28 pm »

I really hope this hasn't been edited to mess with us.

But, after checking the history of the page, this is apparently a state-owned news channel (as in, it's being operated by the government, I think).

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #141771 on: January 14, 2019, 05:56:30 pm »

But, after checking the history of the page, this is apparently a state-owned news channel (as in, it's being operated by the government, I think).
An English-language news service run by the French government? It's definitely trolling.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #141772 on: January 14, 2019, 06:36:27 pm »

An English-language news service run by the French government? It's definitely trolling.

Looks like it is, in fact, an actual website.

https://www.france24.com/en/
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #141773 on: January 14, 2019, 10:34:20 pm »

Quote from: Wikipedia
France 24 is broadcast on four channels: in French, in English, in Arabic and in Spanish.

Guess that means it's multilingual trolling. Since 2009, if Wikipedia is to be believed.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #141774 on: January 15, 2019, 12:49:32 am »

Love, scriver~

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141775 on: January 15, 2019, 01:13:52 am »

It's purely because he's a French guy who's name is similar to Dave Chappelle.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #141776 on: January 15, 2019, 05:08:07 am »

These "chocolate" cookies I picked up are in fact oatmeal raisin cookies with minor chocolate addendums! You'd have to dig through the list of ingredients to find any mention of raisins, and I'm fairly certain that nobody has time for that.

Quote from: Wikipedia
France 24 is broadcast on four channels: in French, in English, in Arabic and in Spanish.

Guess that means it's multilingual trolling. Since 2009, if Wikipedia is to be believed.
Oh, the French have been doing that since long before 2009...

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #141777 on: January 15, 2019, 05:09:57 am »

These "chocolate" cookies I picked up are in fact oatmeal raisin cookies with minor chocolate addendums! You'd have to dig through the list of ingredients to find any mention of raisins, and I'm fairly certain that nobody has time for that.

So the best possible combination of the three then?
Love, scriver~

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141778 on: January 15, 2019, 07:06:45 am »

It's all the fault of Big Raisin man. If raisins are the very last listed ingredient, you can trust that the actual product is 90% raisins.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #141779 on: January 15, 2019, 09:25:48 am »

I’m pretty sure people have sued for smaller issues than that.

I’m not saying you should sue or that you even have grounds to be able to sue... I’m just saying that things like that have happened before...
Pages: 1 ... 9450 9451 [9452] 9453 9454 ... 10974