Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9451 9452 [9453] 9454 9455 ... 10974

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 12999109 times)

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #141780 on: January 15, 2019, 11:57:32 am »

Apparently they are making a TV series based on the (excellent) Comic book "The Boys".  In the comic book, the main character Wee Hughie is 100% based on Simon Pegg.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

So my WTF is that Simon Pegg isn't playing Wee Hughie, but as Wee Hughie's father. 
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #141782 on: January 15, 2019, 02:21:42 pm »

Stumbled upon this wonderful little gem of wierdness again
The train is fine and all, but I miss My Car...

So my WTF is that Simon Pegg isn't playing Wee Hughie, but as Wee Hughie's father. 
Slightly-Larger Hughie?

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141783 on: January 15, 2019, 02:35:07 pm »

Matt Bockhorst is my spirit animal. Dude goes to a White House dinner and pockets a quarter pounder and two chicken tender wraps in his suit pockets.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141784 on: January 15, 2019, 03:54:21 pm »

Apparently they are making a TV series based on the (excellent) Comic book "The Boys".  In the comic book, the main character Wee Hughie is 100% based on Simon Pegg.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Simon Pegg is almost 50 years old now.

The references they were drawing on for that character are 15 or 20 years old now (Spaced and Shaun of the Dead).
« Last Edit: January 15, 2019, 03:59:09 pm by Reelya »

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #141785 on: January 15, 2019, 04:19:34 pm »

Yeah I guess.  Stupid actors aging like the rest of us plebs.   >:(
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #141786 on: January 15, 2019, 05:04:28 pm »

Has he produced offspring? Could they not be used to play the part of his character's son?
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141787 on: January 15, 2019, 05:35:49 pm »

These "chocolate" cookies I picked up are in fact oatmeal raisin cookies with minor chocolate addendums! You'd have to dig through the list of ingredients to find any mention of raisins, and I'm fairly certain that nobody has time for that.

Quote from: Wikipedia
France 24 is broadcast on four channels: in French, in English, in Arabic and in Spanish.

Guess that means it's multilingual trolling. Since 2009, if Wikipedia is to be believed.
Oh, the French have been doing that since long before 2009...

Everybody does stuff like that. The German public broadcaster Deutsche Welle for example broadcasts in 30 different languages. The German broadcasts started in 1953 but they expanded that to French, English, Spanish and Portuguese as early as 1954.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deutsche_Welle

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #141788 on: January 15, 2019, 06:39:14 pm »

These "chocolate" cookies I picked up are in fact oatmeal raisin cookies with minor chocolate addendums! You'd have to dig through the list of ingredients to find any mention of raisins, and I'm fairly certain that nobody has time for that.

Quote from: Wikipedia
France 24 is broadcast on four channels: in French, in English, in Arabic and in Spanish.

Guess that means it's multilingual trolling. Since 2009, if Wikipedia is to be believed.
Oh, the French have been doing that since long before 2009...

Everybody does stuff like that. The German public broadcaster Deutsche Welle for example broadcasts in 30 different languages. The German broadcasts started in 1953 but they expanded that to French, English, Spanish and Portuguese as early as 1954.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deutsche_Welle

EXCUSE ME, no-one should should EVER hide raisins in chocolate cookies of any kind without prior advisement.

If the Germans are doing this is certainly HOPE it is on the news and those people should be TRIED IN THE HAGUE for their cookie problems AND NOTHING ELSE.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141789 on: January 15, 2019, 06:59:31 pm »

It's all the fault of Big Raisin man. If raisins are the very last listed ingredient, you can trust that the actual product is 90% raisins.

That eye in the pyramid ... that's no eye.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #141790 on: January 15, 2019, 07:28:51 pm »

It's all the fault of Big Raisin man. If raisins are the very last listed ingredient, you can trust that the actual product is 90% raisins.

That eye in the pyramid ... that's no eye.
The raisin in the pyramid
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #141791 on: January 15, 2019, 08:15:56 pm »

Bloody hell that makes like the goddamn sixth title I've encountered called "the boys". There's other words in the english language y'buggers!
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #141792 on: January 16, 2019, 12:03:34 am »

Bloody hell that makes like the goddamn sixth title I've encountered called "the boys". There's other words in the english language y'buggers!

Here comes dat boi
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141793 on: January 16, 2019, 12:04:43 am »

Wait until the behind-the-scenes documentary about making it, "The 'The Boys' Boys"

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #141794 on: January 16, 2019, 12:47:23 am »

Wait until the behind-the-scenes documentary about making it, "The 'The Boys' Boys"

Pounded in 'The Boys' by 'The Boys' Boys',
by Chuck 'The Boy' Tingle
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway
Pages: 1 ... 9451 9452 [9453] 9454 9455 ... 10974