Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9454 9455 [9456] 9457 9458 ... 10973

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 12997419 times)

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #141825 on: January 17, 2019, 01:34:07 pm »

Yeah that happens to me occasionally while sleeping on my side.

I'm more afraid of injuring myself trying to get up because it's locked in a weird position than I am of not being able to move it.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #141826 on: January 17, 2019, 02:33:00 pm »

Now imagine having that happen to you, and in a panic twisting around to figure out what happened to your arm only for it to swing free and smack you right the face. Brilliant way to wake up.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #141827 on: January 17, 2019, 05:17:47 pm »

Skyrim for the Xbone won't download mods and it's pissing me off.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #141828 on: January 17, 2019, 05:33:14 pm »

Whenever you download Mods Anything onto Literally Any Console Or Games Hardware In ExistanceTM, there’s always a flat 99% chance it won’t work, and you’ll never, ever find out why.
At least, this seems to be the message I’ve always gotten from life.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #141829 on: January 17, 2019, 05:41:00 pm »

That's because it is a black box and walled garden all rolled up in one.

Can't let the Plebs know what goes on under the hood--- they might pirate the software, and that would make the publishers upset, and we cant have that, now can we?

(sarcasm)

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141830 on: January 17, 2019, 06:00:46 pm »

Fallout 4 mods worked flawlessly even the ridiculously terribad ones.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141831 on: January 17, 2019, 06:07:23 pm »

You are misunderstanding me here.

Mods on those consoles, work through a walled garden/trusted endpoint, with a "locked up tighter than a nun's knickers" system of handshakes, crypto challenges, and mutually assured corporate trust policies.

You can't just dive in and "fix" it when some part of that rube-goldberg contraption breaks, like you can on the PC.

SO-- when it works-- Yeah it works.  But when it doesnt?  Well, too fucking bad-- pleb.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141832 on: January 17, 2019, 07:51:31 pm »

... I think you might be misunderstanding. They literally won't even start to download. It's like total systemic failure.
He's fucking with us.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141833 on: January 17, 2019, 08:04:50 pm »

Which is a failure of said rube-goldberg contraption.

And your one recourse? Sucks to be you, because you are not special enough to be able to circumvent that system. (And if you knew how, you are a filthy dirty pirate or something! I mean, the CHIC! Disabling a systemic distribution control system, and actually own your console! That's a violation of at least a dozen terms of use agreements, AND the DMCA! How DARE you!)

I mean, honestly--- Something that should be as simple as "Ok, fine- here's how to drop a mod into the system's drive, and then play with it." runs foul of "But it enables cheaters!" (in a single fucking player game! The horror!) and "My exclusive content! I wanted to monetize! WAAAAAH!"

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141834 on: January 18, 2019, 01:22:33 am »

-
« Last Edit: November 21, 2020, 11:53:16 am by dragdeler »
let

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #141835 on: January 18, 2019, 09:00:39 am »

People are terrified of how friendly and talkative Americans are.

It's because it's not friendly, it's insincere
Bit late, but this is thoroughly false, at least in the South. If people really don't like you, you'll know because they're being almost as rude as a Brit or New Yorker would be to someone they don't know from Adam. Hospitality and kindness to strangers is very deeply ingrained in the culture, to the point that it's usually only overridden by the sharp-ended sort of racism or heavy drug use.

Now, if you're talking about the whole "Americans abroad" shit where most of our tourists are loud annoying cunts, that's spot on.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141836 on: January 18, 2019, 09:49:48 am »

People are terrified of how friendly and talkative Americans are.

It's because it's not friendly, it's insincere
Bit late, but this is thoroughly false, at least in the South. If people really don't like you, you'll know because they're being almost as rude as a Brit or New Yorker would be to someone they don't know from Adam. Hospitality and kindness to strangers is very deeply ingrained in the culture, to the point that it's usually only overridden by the sharp-ended sort of racism or heavy drug use.

Now, if you're talking about the whole "Americans abroad" shit where most of our tourists are loud annoying cunts, that's spot on.

Yeah, in-country, most folk are genuinely just nice and friendly. We're not quite as portrayed in stereotypes though. I generally ignore people or give slight, tight smiles of acknowledgment. If you approach me and initiate conversation, I'm very friendly, almost obsequious.

Tourists are routinely twats though. I was a very polite, quiet, unobtrusive tourist when we went to England though, specifically because of the stigma. Everyone knew I was Murican due to dress and mannerisms but I wasn't the loud, douchey Murican tourist.
He's fucking with us.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #141837 on: January 18, 2019, 10:11:27 am »

I'll always fondly remember the one American who kept singing come out ye black and tans, finding it incredibly amusing that all of our English friends didn't get it

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #141838 on: January 18, 2019, 10:34:41 am »

British and American visitorsare all over the spectrum of nice/drunk and obnoxious, but the badly drunk ones tend to partake in Acts of Darwin
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #141839 on: January 18, 2019, 11:05:02 am »

British and American visitorsare all over the spectrum of nice/drunk and obnoxious, but the badly drunk ones tend to partake in Acts of Darwin
"Badly drunk" and "British & American tourists" are redundant
Pages: 1 ... 9454 9455 [9456] 9457 9458 ... 10973