Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9463 9464 [9465] 9466 9467 ... 10974

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 12999622 times)

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #141960 on: January 22, 2019, 03:58:29 pm »

Steel-muscled ballerina strongman.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #141961 on: January 22, 2019, 04:34:40 pm »

Steel-muscled ballerina strongman.
This is getting a spot in my sig.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #141962 on: January 22, 2019, 04:37:49 pm »

It’s not really a sig though. It’s.. what, a trophy cabinet?
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #141963 on: January 22, 2019, 04:38:43 pm »

Went to work on my day off to deliver the door key (we have 5 people who need the key and only 3 keys so sometimes someone has to come in just to drop off the keys) since I was there anyway I decided to do some shopping.  I am not in uniform, I'm wearing jeans and a t-shirt.

One of the semi regular customers saw me and asked me to go up and open one of the registers.  I nicely apologized and said that I am not scheduled today so the system would not let me log in to run the register.  On my way out saying goodbye to the manager he told me that said customer complained that I was rude to her and refused to open a register for her last night(the night I worked).

I told him that she just asked me to open the register just a few minutes ago, and that she wasn't even there last night.

What is wrong with people?  Do some people just think others exist only to serve them?  I am always happy to go out of my way to help her and our other regulars when I am working, my manager even tells me I do that too much and need to focus more on my assigned tasks throughout the day.  But the one time I legitimately cannot help her, and she goes and complains about me.

Ontopic:  I'm afraid to look, how big is the sigtext thread now?  That thing has to be nearly a decade old by now.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #141964 on: January 22, 2019, 04:42:53 pm »

I like to think of it as a gallery of art: Some are exquisite and hand crafted, some are just incomprehensible. And yet we admire both, even if just for irony’s sake.
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #141965 on: January 22, 2019, 04:54:30 pm »

What is wrong with people?  Do some people just think others exist only to serve them?
I'm amazed you've managed to go any amount of time in the service industry without already realizing this.

Yes, some people are hilariously entitled brats who don't even consider service employees as people, let alone actually care about their feelings. Or work schedules. Or anything that isn't directly concerned with getting them exactly what they want right now.

It doesn't matter if it isn't in stock, or isn't on sale anymore, or even if it doesn't physically exist. They want it, therefore it needs to be provided to them. If it's not delivered immediately, someone will have to pay for this slight on their honor.

It really doesn't even matter at that point if they get the product or if the person who gets punished had anything to do with the process, all that matters is that they get to be "right" about something and exert power over someone else. That's really all it is; it's a power play by someone who generally isn't very powerful.

Thankfully, these people are relatively uncommon... More or less. You will get some absolutely clueless individuals who quite frankly do not understand how anything works and really don't grasp the concept that the person behind the counter actually has a full life beyond work, because they've only ever seen that person when they're standing behind that counter. These folks are mostly just shocked by revelations to the contrary, and will be fine so long as you manage to avoid them feeling threatened or insulted; in which case they get defensive and lash out.

But then there are some pointedly assholeish characters who specifically cause and exacerbate problems so that they can exploit the structure of the service industry, and play out a little power fantasy. And those people make sure that alcohol continues to be consumed in large quantities.

And no, this isn't a millenial/baby boomer thing... Fuckwittery transcends all generations and cultures, it is truly the great equalizer.

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141966 on: January 22, 2019, 06:01:29 pm »

Most come from various conifers, or are otherwise volatile organic chemicals of botanical origin, which were evolved defenses against fungal infestation.   There are several artificial ones as well,  and artificial non VOCs such as concentrated peroxides or ozone.
I thought this was describing the mold at first

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #141967 on: January 22, 2019, 10:23:26 pm »

I like to think of it as a gallery of art: Some are exquisite and hand crafted, some are just incomprehensible. And yet we admire both, even if just for irony’s sake.
You say “we” but I don’t think I’ve ever checked anyone’s sigtext, and I’m quite sure I’m not the only one.

You probably have things in there you don’t even remember :P
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #141968 on: January 22, 2019, 10:23:35 pm »

I thought this was describing the mold at first
I thought this was discussing the post before it until I checked the quote.

Entitled mold has been infecting our society since the beginning.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #141969 on: January 23, 2019, 03:16:34 am »

You say “we” but I don’t think I’ve ever checked anyone’s sigtext, and I’m quite sure I’m not the only one.

You probably have things in there you don’t even remember :P
Whaaaat, noooooo...
Maybbe.
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #141970 on: January 23, 2019, 05:17:44 am »

Tears... Tears in the rain.

I've quoted things you wouldn't even believe.
Love, scriver~

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #141971 on: January 23, 2019, 05:38:24 am »

Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #141972 on: January 23, 2019, 06:24:27 am »

I invite you to Ameripol if you want to discuss that but if you're just venting then that's cool too.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #141973 on: January 23, 2019, 06:26:27 am »

I invite you to Ameripol if you want to discuss that but if you're just venting then that's cool too.

That's just me venting up, so I don't expect anyone to debate me. And I doubt that someone will want to protect the honor of Libertarians of all people.
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #141974 on: January 23, 2019, 06:28:13 am »

I got some libertarian friends but they don't like Putin AFAIK and they can defend themselves.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.
Pages: 1 ... 9463 9464 [9465] 9466 9467 ... 10974