Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9500 9501 [9502] 9503 9504 ... 10974

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13001196 times)

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #142515 on: February 08, 2019, 10:49:13 am »

Car repairs for a very common fault with my model.

Cost me $2000 all up.
So very poor now, but at least I’m not wildly in debt
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Robot Parade Leader

• Bay Watcher
  • Well, go on ... parade!
    • View Profile
« Reply #142516 on: February 08, 2019, 12:00:53 pm »

That does suck Tack.

Dealership? Other garage?

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #142517 on: February 08, 2019, 12:16:36 pm »

Garage, but chain.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #142518 on: February 08, 2019, 12:54:28 pm »

Fuggin

Wells Fargo man.

I'm jumping ship on my checkings and savings there I think. Hello credits unions.

Only reason I'm keeping my CC with them is going to be because it's my oldest active card right now.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142519 on: February 08, 2019, 01:22:33 pm »

I can't resist poking the impotent beehive that is the author of "Shitty RPG I've Talked About Several Times". In today's news, he's been abusing DMCA to remove all images of his game from RPG Geek.

Extra WTF: Most of those images that he DMCA'd were, in fact, uploaded by himself.

I will not be mentioning the name of the game again, just discussing it. I don't want people to be tempted to buy it for shiggles - F.A.T.A.L. this ain't. You could at least get some WTFy enjoyment out of rolling up a character in that.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #142520 on: February 08, 2019, 02:15:28 pm »

Also, this dirt-cheap-house-beer I was forced to drink due to budget constraints is the worst dirt-cheap-house-beer I've ever tasted.

And thus, the need to drink cold beer served in a frozen glass was born, hoping that no taste bud would function correctly to taste the horrible swill
*America intensifies*
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #142521 on: February 08, 2019, 02:16:41 pm »

Also, this dirt-cheap-house-beer I was forced to drink due to budget constraints is the worst dirt-cheap-house-beer I've ever tasted.

And thus, the need to drink cold beer served in a frozen glass was born, hoping that no taste bud would function correctly to taste the horrible swill
*America intensifies*
To be fair, the big three American beers have no taste anyway.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #142522 on: February 08, 2019, 02:46:37 pm »

*America intensifies*
To be fair, the big three American beers have no taste anyway.
Thing is. Yoink is of the idea that Budweiser is a beverage of the "delicious" persuasion.

I am truly curious as to how bad a beer must be if it pales so viciously compared to the taste sensation of The False King...

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #142523 on: February 08, 2019, 02:53:50 pm »

Just had one of the top level execs walk into the room just now and announce that the rumor that they were going to downsize this location was untrue, and that we were expanding here.  Uh, well, okay, but I hadn't heard any rumors of downsizing, so now I'm wondering where that came from.

Kind of reminded me of the scene in Alien 3 where the warden holds a rumor control meeting, right before the alien eats him.

Not really concerned, in any case.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #142524 on: February 08, 2019, 03:23:55 pm »

Fuggin

Wells Fargo man.

I'm jumping ship on my checkings and savings there I think. Hello credits unions.

Only reason I'm keeping my CC with them is going to be because it's my oldest active card right now.
Yeah, I have never had good experiences with Wells Fucko. My folks also dropped out of their accounts there after WF started ramping up their shittiness.

My dad mostly has investments in various stocks rather than big savings accounts. So there's a Charles Schwab account for most of the market investments, an AmEx account/card primarily for the Costco partnership, and a Discover card which is the credit card that gets used whenever possible due to the refund program. Plus a couple others I don't remember offhand.

Unfortunately, I never really inherited my father's aptitude or interest in handling money... I just stuff everything in a savings account and generally have no idea how much I have left in checking.

Just had one of the top level execs walk into the room just now and announce that the rumor that they were going to downsize this location was untrue, and that we were expanding here.  Uh, well, okay, but I hadn't heard any rumors of downsizing, so now I'm wondering where that came from.

Kind of reminded me of the scene in Alien 3 where the warden holds a rumor control meeting, right before the alien eats him.

Not really concerned, in any case.
There is absolutely no cause for alarm.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #142525 on: February 08, 2019, 03:28:46 pm »

Fuggin

Wells Fargo man.

Watch out, my parents had trouble closing their account with Wells Fargo.  They tried to keep part of the account active in a way that would allow them to keep some money (don't know the details).
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #142526 on: February 08, 2019, 05:27:16 pm »

I am truly curious as to how bad a beer must be if it pales so viciously compared to the taste sensation of The False King...

It actually has substance the horror
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #142527 on: February 08, 2019, 08:46:17 pm »

I like to think that Yoink is secretly American.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #142528 on: February 08, 2019, 09:37:28 pm »

discover oil in yoink-land, it'll be american soon enough.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142529 on: February 08, 2019, 09:48:44 pm »

discover oil in yoink-land, it'll be american soon enough.

Yoink discovers vast oil deposits in his favorite jeans behind the left knee.
Pages: 1 ... 9500 9501 [9502] 9503 9504 ... 10974