Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9544 9545 [9546] 9547 9548 ... 9933

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 6159426 times)

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #143175 on: March 07, 2019, 07:38:16 am »

I look at the screenshots and all I see is Skyrim.
It makes me sad... Like, I never really got into the online stuff with classic Rune, but I could definitely appreciate the direct and clean approach it took. And this really does not look or sound like that at all.

I don't want to be too pessimistic, but I'm gonna have to go with Tack on this one... This is a design direction that emphasizes "something for nobody, nothing for everybody".

In other news, we'd like to thank Tim Apple for his inspirational counsel and leadership, and for being a good friend.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #143176 on: March 07, 2019, 07:33:02 pm »

I had no idea they were making new ducktales episodes.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #143177 on: March 07, 2019, 08:59:40 pm »

From the little I've seen, you were probably happier before you knew that.
My new 3.5 D&D campaign. Now Recruiting!
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • Itís shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #143178 on: March 07, 2019, 09:02:02 pm »

Cops have been out in force in the steeet behind where I live, caution tape and all. Canít find anything about it online after a cursory search, local tv news wonít be on Ďtil 9. Small town of ~10k people, but rural, so hopefully nothing too serious.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

Th4DwArfY1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #143179 on: March 07, 2019, 09:04:38 pm »

Local news at Nine:

And so back to our main story, Tim.

Who did, in fact, let the dogs out?

Our hector-area correspondent has been finding out.

As an aside, hopefully it's not as bad as that one time I thought "I'll go get some milk" then decided against it.
At around the same time, a man was brutally murdered on what would have been my path to the shop.

Fun times.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  Th4DwArfY1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143180 on: March 07, 2019, 09:11:06 pm »

A friend of mine in town witnessed a SWAT team raiding their neigbourís meth lab, so I guess there is some heavy crime. There was also a murder-suicide a while after that...
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #143181 on: March 07, 2019, 10:11:26 pm »

Apparently Woody Harrelson's father was a hitman. :o
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143182 on: March 07, 2019, 11:14:26 pm »

An update on police presence:

Apparently ďsuspicious deathĒ is too strong a description, but thatís basically it. Old person died, police arenít sure why, autopsy tomorrow, performed in a town about 2 hours away for some reason.

I am underwhelmed, and chagrined I feel that way about someone dying.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #143183 on: March 08, 2019, 12:33:38 am »

New WTF: apparently my GP no longer works at the medical centre I'd been going to. It seems she was only there temporarily on "placement".
I had a bit of a moment of panic when told that over the phone just now. Now I guess I'll - - ah crud, I just realised I forgot to ask for a longer appointment like I was supposed to.
As if I'm not already feeling anxious enough about this situation, now I gotta call them back. 😅

Edit: okay, I sorted that. Booyah. Apparently it is "NO PROBLEM AT ALL" according to the receptionist.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2019, 12:36:59 am by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • The Dude abides.
    • View Profile
« Reply #143184 on: March 08, 2019, 06:29:33 am »

New WTF: apparently my GP no longer works at the medical centre I'd been going to. It seems she was only there temporarily on "placement".
I had a bit of a moment of panic when told that over the phone just now. Now I guess I'll - - ah crud, I just realised I forgot to ask for a longer appointment like I was supposed to.
As if I'm not already feeling anxious enough about this situation, now I gotta call them back. 😅

Edit: okay, I sorted that. Booyah. Apparently it is "NO PROBLEM AT ALL" according to the receptionist.
I read that as 'your GF', and was wondering exactly what kind of a relationship you two have.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Be so old that people find intolerance charming
    • View Profile
« Reply #143185 on: March 08, 2019, 06:52:44 am »

My GF just finished placement, which was a bit of a pain.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.
Bay 12 Blood Bowl I apparently host now.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #143186 on: March 08, 2019, 07:28:19 am »

I really love how F2P titles on Steam are always listed as 'in your library' once you've played them, but after you uninstall them you'll not be able to find them in your goddamn library and the only way to reinstall them is to find their store page.

WHY LIST THEM IF THEY'RE NOT FUCKING THERE STEAM!?!? WHY!?!?!
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #143187 on: March 08, 2019, 07:30:11 am »

My GF just finished placement, which was a bit of a pain.
Waiiit a minute... is your GF my former GP?! :o
Booze is Life for Yoink

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • Never stabs friends, promise!
    • View Profile
« Reply #143188 on: March 08, 2019, 01:00:59 pm »

So weve just got our favorite homeless alcoholic back this morning, just got out of jail in the next state over for god knows what. His first act upon coming home is to get totally sloshed, go looking for my supervisor (his bro, as he calls him, not reciprocated by the sober party) and threaten one of the female cashiers. So hes once again banned from the stores here on the reservation, the cops have made a warrant for his arrest, our orders are to call them if we see him. He never apologized for threatening me, so i have no problem with that.

Sometimes Its hard to believe some people are that stupid, until youve met them.
"THEN CAME TOBNOM, ASS-GOD".
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #143189 on: March 08, 2019, 01:08:49 pm »

So, I'm connected with my GF's mom on Facebook, and I've noticed she's the kind who likes to wear heart-patterned sleeves.

See, her second-youngest child has been diagnosed with Noonan's syndrome. It's not causing any outstanding health issues to my knowledge, and it's not immediately obvious when looking at her, but it's still one of those medical conditions that's worth keeping an eye on.

First of all, this has been used as a major pin when the mom is at odds with her daughter's vegetarian lifestyle, because Noonan's has been connected to certain nutritional deficiencies. So when the daughter tries to defend taking a more eco-friendly diet, the mom's response is generally some variation of "you are literally killing yourself".

Second, the mom has been doing stuff like updating her profile picture with a "I love my Noonan's-diagnosed child!" border and resharing "Noonan's fact a day" posts from some support/info group for Noonan's. Basically spreading it around everywhere.

The daughter was visiting over here last weekend, and I ended up asking her if her mom had asked permission/opinion at all before posting all this Noonan's-related stuff.

"No", she said. "I barely even get the chance to talk for myself when we're at the doctor's office."

I'm of the opinion that sharing someone's medical details willy-nilly as means of "supporting" them, without asking them about it beforehand, is honestly pretty shitty. But I'm biased, what with the same thing having happened to me.

So weve just got our favorite homeless alcoholic back this morning, just got out of jail in the next state over for god knows what. His first act upon coming home is to get totally sloshed, go looking for my supervisor (his bro, as he calls him, not reciprocated by the sober party) and threaten one of the female cashiers. So hes once again banned from the stores here on the reservation, the cops have made a warrant for his arrest, our orders are to call them if we see him. He never apologized for threatening me, so i have no problem with that.

Sometimes Its hard to believe some people are that stupid, until youve met them.
Reservation liquor store? Damn dude, you must've seen some shit.
Pages: 1 ... 9544 9545 [9546] 9547 9548 ... 9933