Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9511 9512 [9513] 9514 9515 ... 10973

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 12997344 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #142680 on: February 11, 2019, 08:27:58 pm »

The two grocery stores I go to both have a pretty decent cheese selection. One has a pretty damn large display right between seafood and produce that's dedicated to various kinds of cheese, and that's not all the cheese available.

Same here, they do have a real cheese section with 30 or so various cheese selection that are rotated.

Also, saying Kraft Singles is cheese is equivalent to saying Chef Boyardee is a fine Italian food.
It'd be more accurate to say that Kraft singles are to cheese as Chef Boyardee is to Italian pasta. That is, a cheap and unhealthy imitation of the real thing that nonetheless has the same basic properties.

It sure is the same color, yes.
What I mean is: it has milk in it, it's plastic (in the sense that it can be deformed, not literally made of plastic for all you wits reading this), it melts, and it has a generically "cheese" flavor. No one is calling it the height of cuisine or a shining example of cheesemaking, it's just kinda...there, being weird.

By the same token, Chef Boyardee is wheat flour noodles with sauce that contains tomatoes. Again, hardly an exemplar of fine Italian dining, but the basic essence is there.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #142681 on: February 11, 2019, 08:38:31 pm »

IT SURE WON'T LITERALLY KILL YOU IF YOU EAT IT. YES.

!!!AGREEMENT INTENSIFIES!!!
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #142682 on: February 11, 2019, 08:41:17 pm »

!!!AGREEMENT INTENSIFIES MORE!!!
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #142683 on: February 11, 2019, 09:18:13 pm »

Man, you don't even have to go out of your way to heat up chef boyardee. Pop the can open and eat it straight.

... honestly, I think some of their stuff actually tastes better that way, so... yeah. Never mind not being deadly, it's weirdly good for lazy/desperate food. Grocery aisles that stock the stuff sometimes straight up sell out prior to a hurricane hitting, heh.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #142684 on: February 11, 2019, 09:36:02 pm »

You are weirdly snobbish. It turns out that cheap food is still food.
I appreciate good food too, but you really don't need say that the canned stuff isn't true food or something.
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #142685 on: February 11, 2019, 10:11:28 pm »

Boyardee is famous for actually tasty rations for WWII.

His legacy lives on in that they are tastier than some modern rations.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #142686 on: February 11, 2019, 10:14:22 pm »

Some modern rations are far tastier than some modern rations. That's not really a high bar, is it?
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Castlecliff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142687 on: February 11, 2019, 10:40:53 pm »

Rashuns are cheese flavoured.
Am I doing it right?

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #142688 on: February 11, 2019, 10:50:18 pm »

Good ol' Japanese Napolitan.

Pasta, Ketchup and sliced hot dogs.
Best ration food ever made.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

George_Chickens

• Bay Watcher
  • Ghosts are stored in the balls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #142689 on: February 11, 2019, 11:00:39 pm »

I thought I clicked on the pizza thread. I was horrified that somebody would put pasta and sliced hot dogs on a pizza.
Ghosts are stored in the balls?[/quote]
also George_Chickens quit fucking my sister

Castlecliff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142690 on: February 11, 2019, 11:03:16 pm »

To be fair pasta is just pizza base and hotdogs are just peasant salami.
Move along nothing to see here

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #142691 on: February 12, 2019, 12:35:57 am »

I thought I clicked on the pizza thread. I was horrified that somebody would put pasta and sliced hot dogs on a pizza.
I've done that before, actually. Leftover noodles (can't remember if it was ramen or chow mein or yakisoba, though) with diced up hotdog, on top of whatever else was on the thing. It's a'ight, if notably more filling. Noodles basically just function as like an overcrust (not much taste, more or less -- pretty sure it was just plain pasta, the time or two I've done it -- just more weight and a different-ish texture), and diced up hotdog makes okay meat for most things, at the end of the day.
Ask not!
Ask!

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #142692 on: February 12, 2019, 12:42:44 am »

One of the pizza chains around here has gotten a bit experimental, and has topped pizzas with hot dogs, macaroni-and-cheese, and baked potato. The only one that really works is the hot dog pizza, which is a partnership with Toledo's most famous restaurant.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #142693 on: February 12, 2019, 12:53:27 am »

... yeah, I've done those, too. Both mashed potatoes and diced, for that matter. Mac and cheese and diced potatoes are particularly okay, though I'm pretty sure some of those tasty seasoned potatoes would turn out legitimately good. Mashed is just kinda' there, though you'd probably have better luck with higher quality potatoes (or do that thing where you like wrap something in mashed potatoes and like fry or bake it or whatev'; normally the something is just the potatoes and it's friggin' wonderful but I could see other stuff going swimmingly, too) than I've tried.

Also, uh. Done the reverse, though not with noodles. Chopped up a pizza and put it into a bowl of mac and cheese (stupidly delicious) and mashed potatoes (okay, but not particularly good).
Ask not!
Ask!

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #142694 on: February 12, 2019, 01:38:17 am »

You are weirdly snobbish. It turns out that cheap food is still food.
I appreciate good food too, but you really don't need say that the canned stuff isn't true food or something.

Cheese is the one thing to be money snobbish about though. Because they gain cheesiness the longer you store them, which simultaneously causes s price hike.  Like what I mean is, Swedish cheese is obviously the best cheese (and all of you who prefer stinky French cheeses can go cheese yourselves, you've never tasted real cheese), but the Swedish cheeses I predominantly actually buy are the less aged products simply because they're cheaper. And they all both taste less and taste less good.

I wonder how cheese our soft cheese products still are though. They're probably the most American part of our cheese/sandwich culture. Cheese-and-bacon in a tube, anyone?
Love, scriver~
Pages: 1 ... 9511 9512 [9513] 9514 9515 ... 10973