Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9523 9524 [9525] 9526 9527 ... 10970

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 12951022 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #142860 on: February 15, 2019, 06:39:48 pm »

Someone last night left the break room sink on when they left. Flooded the room out. Luckily, it was cleaned up in less than an hour.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #142861 on: February 15, 2019, 07:17:51 pm »

Or just give her the recipe so you don't have to cook it :p

See, I just... I wanted to do this before, and approached her about it, and she seemed entirely disinterested in doing things that way. And now out of the blue it's my fault that I haven't already done this thing that she said no to. And I've got the sneaky suspicion that if I mention the fact that she's said no before, it's going to be my fault for misinterpreting something that was clearly a joke and where she meant the complete opposite of what she said. And then she'll get upset because I asked a question that could imply a negative opinion of something.

The alternative is to keep my trap shut and suffer in silence.
Alternative #3: End the relationship since you are clearly suffering?
Alternative #4: listen to the voices. Cook her into tacos. Savor them while drinking red rum
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #142862 on: February 15, 2019, 07:55:51 pm »

Cross-posting this from the laughter thread, because my response was first WTF.... is that.. Zelda??? Then, laughter.

Just had a customer call in to ask some questions about his package, he was playing Zelda the whole time. Made my night, at one point he was like...

HEY HOLD ON I HAVE ANOTHER CALL COMING IN......
(Haa hua HYAAAA haa ha haa HUAAA)
......OK it was spam.

Other than that the multitasking going on was really impressive, he was fighting the hell out of something.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142863 on: February 15, 2019, 08:04:04 pm »

Cross-posting this from the laughter thread, because my response was first WTF.... is that.. Zelda??? Then, laughter.

Just had a customer call in to ask some questions about his package, he was playing Zelda the whole time. Made my night, at one point he was like...

HEY HOLD ON I HAVE ANOTHER CALL COMING IN......
(Haa hua HYAAAA haa ha haa HUAAA)
......OK it was spam.

Other than that the multitasking going on was really impressive, he was fighting the hell out of something.

When you have to call to inquire about your package, but you also have to beat Gannon.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #142864 on: February 15, 2019, 08:34:22 pm »

To be fair it probably was spam. Games got a lotta chaff.

Or just give her the recipe so you don't have to cook it :p
Honestly this. She might remember she said that and is changing it up. Maybe she sees your suffering and thinks having a nice night having your favourite dish might perk you up a little.

Can’t hurt to look at it optimistically. It’s unlikely that one Taco recipe is the thing she needs before she runs away to start a new life for herself.

But yeah, have had similar experiences with housemates. Essentially I just put my foot down, went “Hey I’m gonna cut the chicken, but you need to cut the vegetables”. Even on a mince taco, best thing is to share the load, rather than delegate it all away. ‘Course, that requires knives, boards, and counter space for two.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #142865 on: February 15, 2019, 08:44:45 pm »

I do all the cooking because I love to do cooking and also my wife is unable to scramble an egg without calling me at work.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #142866 on: February 15, 2019, 09:26:57 pm »

Wasn't Kotick the CFO who got paid a sign-up bonus of 15 million? But I guess making game is too expensive and so they cannot keep those developers on payroll. After all, they only had record profits, and not ALL OF THE MONEY.
Allegedly, and this isn't necessarily better, all the cuts were to non-development staff.

But those departments enable the development teams, so... yeah. It looks kinda like what Kodak did, focusing on the primary product department while ignoring everything else.

Support staff are people too.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

George_Chickens

• Bay Watcher
  • Ghosts are stored in the balls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #142867 on: February 15, 2019, 10:09:07 pm »

This forum only has about seven references to George Romero, and no references to his best film, Martin.
Ghosts are stored in the balls?[/quote]
also George_Chickens quit fucking my sister

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #142868 on: February 15, 2019, 10:22:37 pm »

Chuck Tingle, on the other hand...
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #142869 on: February 15, 2019, 10:27:49 pm »

Chuck Tingle, on the other hand...
Pounded in the butt by an unexpected quantity of Chuck Tingle Memes
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #142870 on: February 15, 2019, 10:30:52 pm »

I still occasionally see the 'slammed in the ass by dead philosophers' sig and feel... happy? disappointed? aroused?
I'm unsure.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #142871 on: February 15, 2019, 10:53:47 pm »

I still occasionally see the 'slammed in the ass by dead philosophers' sig and feel... happy? disappointed? aroused?
I'm unsure.
Slammed in the unknown arousal by a stray sig.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #142872 on: February 15, 2019, 11:21:24 pm »

This forum only has about seven references to George Romero, and no references to his best film, Martin.
I really liked Doom, though Doom 2 is strictly better.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

George_Chickens

• Bay Watcher
  • Ghosts are stored in the balls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #142873 on: February 15, 2019, 11:40:26 pm »

I really liked Doom, though Doom 2 is strictly better.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
how can one person be so incorrect
Ghosts are stored in the balls?[/quote]
also George_Chickens quit fucking my sister

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #142874 on: February 16, 2019, 12:04:41 am »

I blew into the end of a retractable pen, and I apparently generated a ~11000Hz tone with at least 1 harmonic at ~22000Hz.
Pages: 1 ... 9523 9524 [9525] 9526 9527 ... 10970