Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9794 9795 [9796] 9797 9798 ... 9854

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 5421436 times)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #146925 on: February 15, 2019, 11:21:24 pm »

This forum only has about seven references to George Romero, and no references to his best film, Martin.
I really liked Doom, though Doom 2 is strictly better.

George_Chickens

• Bay Watcher
  • A big guy, for you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #146926 on: February 15, 2019, 11:40:26 pm »

This forum only has about seven references to George Romero, and no references to his best film, Martin.
I really liked Doom, though Doom 2 is strictly better.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
how can one person be so incorrect
Bay12: Where a discussion about a man's anus manage to be Lovecraftian.
you sir, deserve a medal. this is the dawn of a new age of child trauma.

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • perpetually lost
    • View Profile
« Reply #146927 on: February 16, 2019, 12:04:41 am »

I blew into the end of a retractable pen, and I apparently generated a ~11000Hz tone with at least 1 harmonic at ~22000Hz.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #146928 on: February 16, 2019, 12:10:17 am »

how can one person be so incorrect
touchŽ

Naxza

• Bay Watcher
  • Wanderer of Broken Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #146929 on: February 16, 2019, 04:47:23 am »

he's right though, doom 2 level design is ass, but the extra stuff is fundamentally better

If we want some related WTF/sad, it's that the Scoredoom servers went down for good.  Such a great concept, too, and I had humble aspirations to take lots of high scores, but never enough ambition to do it.

Guess I'll never have to now, eh.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146930 on: February 16, 2019, 05:31:44 am »

Oh lawd I am just wired all wrong for social interaction.
Somebody gimme a chill pill, stat.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Easy to resolve, hard to solve.
    • View Profile
« Reply #146931 on: February 16, 2019, 05:41:14 am »

Chillax, man. Don't sweat it, you're super handsome and people like you~

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #146932 on: February 16, 2019, 05:57:32 am »

Sponsored article popped up on Facebook. Normally I just ignore these things, but this one looked so batshit that I had to know more.

"Has our democracy died along with capitalism?"

Whuh

"The USA and the rest of the world hasn't had true capitalism for decades"

Uh?

So the basis of this is that capitalism is about risk. In order to make big bucks, you need to make big risks. And with how those goddamn financial elite (no really, the article mentions the "financial elite" multiple times and clearly labels them as the enemies of... Capitalism) have made themselves buddy-buddy with politicians and arranged all sorts of expense cuts and bailouts paid by the taxpayer's tab, the rich are no longer really risking anything in order to get richer, and therefore =/= capitalism.

Then the article takes a pointed attack against these goddamn financial elite richboys who control 50% of the world's resources, with their lobbying for renewable green energy and the CO2 lie and... wait... what?

Yeah, so, the enemy is in fact such megarich sneaks like Big Wind (which is still just a really funny name to me) who are manipulating the world into buying their infrastructure based on the massive marketing campaign that is global warming and "The CO2 Deception".

France, for example, is on the brink of destruction thanks to these financial elite schemes of green energy and multicultural integration and- oh, there it is. Yep. It's those gosh-darned immigrants again. They just get everywhere, don't they? Showing up in arguments where you never would have expected them to be.

Also the banks are just giving out loans willy-nilly, and if you can't pay back that loan then it's the bank who has to take the fall, which is why capitalism has failed. Because if the bank runs out of money then the government will just patch them back up again, so there's no risk. If bank bailouts didn't exist, then banks would have to start evaluating risk on loan prospects, which clearly isn't happening now and therefore it's not capitalism. And without capitalism, democracy falls as well (we are, in fact, living in something called a social dictatorship right now).

And then there's a random picture of a Tesla emergency-charging itself on the side of a road, apparently as an example of how green energy is a scam.

Here's a link to the article in case you feel like giving the loonies more clicks and translating the page from Norwegian.

I admit, it was wrong of me to give them the attention, not to mention sharing the wealth link, but staring at stuff like this is a guilty pleasure.

Th4DwArfY1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #146933 on: February 16, 2019, 06:17:47 am »

Wait, what was wrong with it?
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  Th4DwArfY1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • perpetually lost
    • View Profile
« Reply #146934 on: February 16, 2019, 06:52:56 am »

So, the article relies on tens of disjointed assumptions that, through some 'creative' interpretation, are glued together into "arguments" by immersing them in what appears to be hot glue? And they want these arguments to be tossed into a black box to produce the statement, "Our democracy died along with capitalism" as output?
The more I try to make sense of it, the more ill-defined the output statement(s).
« Last Edit: February 16, 2019, 07:05:10 am by methylatedspirit »

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #146935 on: February 16, 2019, 07:26:50 am »

So, the article relies on tens of disjointed assumptions that, through some 'creative' interpretation, are glued together into "arguments" by immersing them in what appears to be hot glue? And they want these arguments to be tossed into a black box to produce the statement, "Our democracy died along with capitalism" as output?
The more I try to make sense of it, the more ill-defined the output statement(s).
It's quite simple, really:
  • The financial elite are a corrupt conglomerate of green energy moguls, who grow rich by manipulating politicians into giving them concessions paid for by taxpayers.
  • This results in bank bailouts, which makes banks carefree and anti-capitalist, causing them to hand out loans without risk assessment and requiring more bailouts as a result.
  • The large government spending on banks results in sucking money out of the non-elite, resulting in poverty.
  • We need to stop renewable energy movements in order to revive capitalism, and thereby democracy.
  • Immigrants.

Wait, what was wrong with it?
"Any attention is good attention" and all that... It's obviously a ragebait article that is intended to spread as far as possible, and by reading and mentioning it I'm helping to spread it.

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • perpetually lost
    • View Profile
« Reply #146936 on: February 16, 2019, 07:48:34 am »

I don't engage much in politics, but would it be safe to say that 'immigrants' is a Godwin-type concept? In the sense that, once mentioned in an otherwise unrelated debate, whoever said it has lost the debate because of the topic's tendency to derail the debate.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2019, 07:51:47 am by methylatedspirit »

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm Just Skin And Bones
    • View Profile
« Reply #146937 on: February 16, 2019, 07:51:18 am »

Immigrants are a major source of strife; especially in places like france.  There is valid concern over the failed assimilation of immigrants.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
I track my running!

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Celebrating one decade of existential crisis.
    • View Profile
« Reply #146938 on: February 16, 2019, 08:11:18 am »

Yeah apparently France didn't handle the refugees so well.

But at least they tried I guess.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.
Bay 12 Blood Bowl I apparently host now.

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146939 on: February 16, 2019, 09:02:36 am »

I don't engage much in politics, but would it be safe to say that 'immigrants' is a Godwin-type concept? In the sense that, once mentioned in an otherwise unrelated debate, whoever said it has lost the debate because of the topic's tendency to derail the debate.

I'd say so, bearing in mind that Godwin's Law has become one itself; anyone trying to declare victory in a debate isn't worth debating.
Pages: 1 ... 9794 9795 [9796] 9797 9798 ... 9854