Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9527 9528 [9529] 9530 9531 ... 10984

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13203543 times)

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #142920 on: February 18, 2019, 03:43:38 am »

yup.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #142921 on: February 18, 2019, 05:17:47 am »

I have a GOG account and have downloaded the executables for several games, but I've never even tried Galaxy. I suppose that's an indication of how unwilling people are when it comes to installing storefronts, but I'm also notoriously lazy.

I also haven't bought any of the Ubisoft games on Steam that I want, because fuck going through uplay.

Ulfarr

• Bay Watcher
  • Going on a pilgrimage to Mars
    • View Profile
« Reply #142922 on: February 18, 2019, 06:46:35 am »

Epic launcher is missing as well such as steam forums and guides, but I don't think theses features are critical for a competitor to be viable.

This. So many people don't seem to realize independent sites and forums for game reviews/guides existed before steam was a thing and they will still exist for years to come.

Gog is still drm free, isn't it?

And unless they wan't to shoot themselves on the foot they'll keep it that way. Even with CDPR's backing, in terms of potential exclusives, going drm would alienate a lot of existing customers and any potential customer who doesn't want to deal with yet another drm, especially with their relatively small collection of current gen games.
Bring Kobold Kamp to LNP! graphics compatibility fix.

So the conclusion I'm getting here is that we use QSPs because dwarves can't pilot submarines.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #142923 on: February 18, 2019, 08:02:59 am »

I just woke up from a dream with the thought "the friars are trying to steal my land!" because i was in pain.
Of course, then i realized, 1) i dont own any land, im not a farmer. And 2) im in pain because i have heartburn. I have no idea why i have heartburn but i doubt its because the "friars" want my non-existent land. Ugh, fuck this flu shit.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #142924 on: February 18, 2019, 08:06:31 am »

I just woke up from a dream with the thought "the friars are trying to steal my land!" because i was in pain.
Of course, then i realized, 1) i dont own any land, im not a farmer. And 2) im in pain because i have heartburn. I have no idea why i have heartburn but i doubt its because the "friars" want my non-existent land. Ugh, fuck this flu shit.
Maybe your brain meant "fryers", as in deep-fryers? Too much fried food can contribute to heartburn.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #142925 on: February 18, 2019, 08:07:07 am »

I was just thinking of my own dream last night... well, the memory of the memory of it. I remember waking up and the remembering the gist of it, and it was kinda interesting because it involved someone I knew.
I thought I made a mental note to mention it to them later, or at least write it down, but it clearly slipped my mind because it's long gone. Dang.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #142926 on: February 18, 2019, 08:13:17 am »

Ahahahaha. At least you gave me a good laugh.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #142927 on: February 18, 2019, 08:32:08 am »

Epic launcher is missing as well such as steam forums and guides, but I don't think theses features are critical for a competitor to be viable.

This. So many people don't seem to realize independent sites and forums for game reviews/guides existed before steam was a thing and they will still exist for years to come.
Frankly, the big major reason I don't like the Epic Store is no regional pricing. And they're not going to see a single purchase from me until then.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #142928 on: February 18, 2019, 08:54:32 am »

I dislike Steam for the same reason
Love, scriver~

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #142929 on: February 18, 2019, 09:35:54 am »

Steam just went AUD for me.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #142930 on: February 18, 2019, 11:37:36 am »

I dislike Steam for the same reason
That's pretty rough.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #142931 on: February 18, 2019, 12:31:02 pm »

Y€
Love, scriver~

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #142932 on: February 18, 2019, 12:34:44 pm »

I have a GOG account and have downloaded the executables for several games, but I've never even tried Galaxy. I suppose that's an indication of how unwilling people are when it comes to installing storefronts, but I'm also notoriously lazy.

I also haven't bought any of the Ubisoft games on Steam that I want, because fuck going through uplay.

Galaxy is good. Simple, no frills, no bullshit. Just a library and a few options afair
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #142933 on: February 18, 2019, 12:58:37 pm »

Galaxy and steam. I refuse to use others.
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #142934 on: February 18, 2019, 01:00:08 pm »

I refuse to use Galaxy, because they offer separate installation files that download faster than using that bullshizzle.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.
Pages: 1 ... 9527 9528 [9529] 9530 9531 ... 10984