Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9531 9532 [9533] 9534 9535 ... 10974

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13002324 times)

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #142980 on: February 20, 2019, 05:24:44 am »

Or they're just stupid/completely removed from reality. It is entirely possible to be either or both of those things and still be a practicing doctor.

Goodness knows, I've met a couple of them...

EDIT: wierd, how long is the training and so forth for becoming a nurse practitioner? My cousin was looking into that when she was into her nursing studies many years ago.

...or maybe they're saying you would be a good doctor due to your being stupid/completely removed from reality? You know nurse humor.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142981 on: February 20, 2019, 05:28:19 am »

Heh, critics who absolutely loathed The Orville (26% rotten tomatoes reviewer score) and considered the 94% fan score to be fake, now absolutely love The Orville season 2 - it has a 100% critics score (and ... the audience score hasn't budged - 93%). Main thing that changed? Disney bought Fox. Huh, seems to be a bit of a pattern of this same reviewer-crowd shilling Disney stuff and slamming Fox stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzRIkdxiDYg&list=WL&index=2
« Last Edit: February 20, 2019, 05:30:40 am by Reelya »

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #142982 on: February 20, 2019, 05:29:52 am »

Wait, The Orville 1 came out before Disney bought Fox?

...holy shit, I didn't think it'd been that long.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142983 on: February 20, 2019, 05:33:55 am »

2017 for The Orville Season 1. Disney acquiring Fox was announced at the end of that year. So it was close but The Orville was out first. But ... as the video states, the same reviewers did a weird 180 degree flip on their attitude to the show.

i.e. reviewers watched season 1 and called it "Creatively, Morally, and Ethically Bankrupt" and terms such as that. (and note, that same reviewer was heavily pushing Star Trek Discovery at the same time). Pretty scathing stuff for the Orville, including reviews right up to the end of the season. 70% of reviews were negative.

Then, the exact same reviewers watched the first episode of season 2 and literally every one of them is lock-step "Much wow, 100% good! great show!". And season 2 has 100% positive reviews. I mean, wtf is up with that? I'm not up with it, but I doubt it's the show that changed. The charitable interpretation is that reviewers realized they'd trashed a hit series so now they're back-pedaling in order to retain relevance, but to save face they claim that this particular episode is so amazing that "if the show continues like this it could be good after all".
« Last Edit: February 20, 2019, 05:58:30 am by Reelya »

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #142984 on: February 20, 2019, 05:52:23 am »

*sighs*
*puts on MAGA HAT and Infowars shirt*

Mainstream Media Liberal Bias!

*takes off articles of shame*
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142985 on: February 20, 2019, 06:00:21 am »

It's nothing to do with liberal bias. Seems more like corporate shilling and/or band-wagon jumping. General schism between fans and professional critics. EDIT: the most common suspicion isn't that this stuff is due to some liberalism thing, it's that it often involves these outlets shilling Disney-owned properties (Disney buys a lot of ads).
« Last Edit: February 20, 2019, 06:09:38 am by Reelya »

George_Chickens

• Bay Watcher
  • Ghosts are stored in the balls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #142986 on: February 20, 2019, 06:12:41 am »

It's nothing to do with liberal bias. Seems more like corporate shilling and/or band-wagon jumping. General schism between fans and professional critics. EDIT: the most common suspicion isn't that this stuff is due to some liberalism thing, it's that it often involves these outlets shilling Disney-owned properties (Disney buys a lot of ads).
That sounds like something a libtard would want you to think.
Ghosts are stored in the balls?[/quote]
also George_Chickens quit fucking my sister

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #142987 on: February 20, 2019, 06:23:25 am »

Or they're just stupid/completely removed from reality. It is entirely possible to be either or both of those things and still be a practicing doctor.

EDIT: wierd, how long is the training and so forth for becoming a nurse practitioner? My cousin was looking into that when she was into her nursing studies many years ago.

...or maybe they're saying you would be a good doctor due to your being stupid/completely removed from reality? You know nurse humor.

LOLOLOL.  No, they mean I can have a fluent medical conversation without pulling up google, and am fast on the uptake for new information.  I remember giggling when one mentioned copralalia in association with Turette's syndrome, and I chuckled "Oh those doctors; like we wouldn't notice..."  She had to look it up, but I told her it literally means "Shit talking." :P Little things like that.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142988 on: February 20, 2019, 06:46:24 am »

LOLOLOL.  No, they mean I can have a fluent medical conversation without pulling up google, and am fast on the uptake for new information.  I remember giggling when one mentioned copralalia in association with Turette's syndrome, and I chuckled "Oh those doctors; like we wouldn't notice..."  She had to look it up, but I told her it literally means "Shit talking." :P Little things like that.

*re-adds coprolalia to his 'Favorite Words List'*
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #142989 on: February 20, 2019, 06:47:54 am »

wierd: New information to uptake: it's 'copros' not 'copras'

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142990 on: February 20, 2019, 06:49:23 am »

And then I was better at Latin than a medical professional...
He's fucking with us.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #142991 on: February 20, 2019, 06:52:24 am »

...it's Greek though ;)

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142992 on: February 20, 2019, 06:55:09 am »

That's okay. I successfully identified it as a Mediterranean language, I just got a peninsula instead of a peninsular archipelago.
He's fucking with us.

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142993 on: February 20, 2019, 08:35:17 am »

wierd: New information to uptake: it's 'copros' not 'copras'

I mean, it's also "aide" rather than "aid" when referring to a person, but hey, maybe he never read his own job title.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #142994 on: February 20, 2019, 08:42:35 am »

No the aidee is the one who gets aided
Love, scriver~
Pages: 1 ... 9531 9532 [9533] 9534 9535 ... 10974