Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9532 9533 [9534] 9535 9536 ... 10974

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 12998347 times)

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #142995 on: February 20, 2019, 08:43:15 am »

OR-- I adapted to the mass confusion when I used 'aide' in the past.

(OR, the actual title is "Certified Nursing Assistant", without the word aide anywhere to be found. ;P But I DO know how you like to be salty Trekkin. It's OK. If you weren't, I would worry that maybe you might by hypokalemic or something.)
« Last Edit: February 20, 2019, 09:16:48 am by wierd »

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #142996 on: February 20, 2019, 08:59:18 am »

So... Is "m'aide" a French call for help or a neckbeard creeping on medical professionals?

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #142997 on: February 20, 2019, 09:00:22 am »

OR-- I adapted to the mass confusion when I used 'aide' in the past.
You sure you adapted to the confusion and not adopted it? :P

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #142998 on: February 20, 2019, 09:03:44 am »

Aid -- what is rendered

Aide -- one who renders it

-ade -- Something you drink.

M'kay?

(I always seem to attract the parlance pedantry parade for some reason.)
« Last Edit: February 20, 2019, 09:06:02 am by wierd »

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142999 on: February 20, 2019, 09:19:48 am »

(I always seem to attract the parlance pedantry parade for some reason.)

Said the staunch linguistic prescriptivist who also used "lamplit" to mean "explained."  :P

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #143000 on: February 20, 2019, 09:21:21 am »

Doesn't Slay the Spire involve deck building? Hard pass.

Really? Deck builders are my jam. Although I also hate TCG’s. Guess it’s about whether it’s happening in the one session or if it’s paying money for gatcha.

I’d still recommend the game though, even if only on special. It’s pretty great
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #143001 on: February 20, 2019, 09:26:41 am »

It seems like theres two genres called deckbuilder.  I dont remember slay the spire really feeling like a deckbuilder but i dunno. I dont like them either, i know all games are ultimately spending resources to get more resources but they make the process really explicit in a way that takes me out of the game
Shoes...

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143002 on: February 20, 2019, 09:31:16 am »

Deck builder IMO slots into a very specific nook. Dominion, Star Realms & Hero Realms are all examples of real-life deck builders
But you’re right in that they are usually “card gives X money, use money to buy card with either more money or do hurt”
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143003 on: February 20, 2019, 09:33:44 am »

Yeah, it's a bit awkward of an mix between a descriptive phrase and the name of a genre. Slay the spire is very far removed from Dominion or it's descendants. It really isn't like it at all except in the most basic aspect of your building a deck of cards, Slay the spire is a deck building game in the sense that that is literally what you do but that similarity brings them about as close together as cuphead and call of duty are brought together by the similarity of "you're shooting things".

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143004 on: February 20, 2019, 09:42:36 am »

Yeah, Slay the Spire seems closer to Gloomhaven in the “Cards exist” category.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #143005 on: February 20, 2019, 10:20:43 am »

Speaking of which, I've got three gift copies I was going to hand out to people to play co-op with, but never got around to doing so... That was back when Steam still let you buy 4-packs.
I might be interested. I can't claim to be that great at permadeath games, but maybe it's better with other players? You could start an Other Games thread to recruit some other Bay12'ers for it. (Unless you already had other people in mind and just haven't asked them.)
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #143006 on: February 20, 2019, 11:09:57 am »

I'd certainly be interested, but I don't think our time zones would match well enough to allow for actual multiplayer.

Speaking of which, I'm going to have an extra copy of Vermintide 2 once Humble Bundle rolls around, and having a buddy to play with would be nice.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #143007 on: February 20, 2019, 02:36:42 pm »

I've barely played the game myself, but I did notice that it happens to prescribe to the "ultra-fatal" school of thought. There is an interesting feature for multiplayer though, in that if one player manages to reach the end of the level and goes through the trapdoor, all dead players will respawn naked at the start of the next level.

In today's WTF, the GF went on a semi-spontaneous shopping trip today. Despite the fact that space is a perpetual issue in the apartment and we barely have walking room, we apparently needed an inflatable exercise ball.

This was done in tandem with getting a gym membership, which she's apparently signing up for along with a friend of hers. I can't quite shake the feeling that this is another "adopt a new hobby, buy all the accessories, abandon after three weeks" scenario, but that's just me being a negative norskie. To her credit, she was actually really good about going to the gym back before we got together; although I think that had a fair bit to do with her not having a functional shower in her apartment at the time and therefore using the gym's instead...

EDIT: Never change, Steam workshop...

Quote from: Mod Description
  • Replace all textures of all solid surfaces with Tim Allen's face

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #143008 on: February 20, 2019, 08:36:25 pm »

an inflatable exercise ball
Dude, if she ends up abandoning the gym membership, get that ball for yourself! Use it as your computer chair, you'll become a little bit healthier for no real effort.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #143009 on: February 20, 2019, 08:53:47 pm »

Ball chairs are an invention of Satan, and all of them should be thrown into the depths of Hell where they were forged.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.
Pages: 1 ... 9532 9533 [9534] 9535 9536 ... 10974