Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9553 9554 [9555] 9556 9557 ... 10974

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13006221 times)

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #143310 on: March 07, 2019, 09:04:38 pm »

Local news at Nine:

And so back to our main story, Tim.

Who did, in fact, let the dogs out?

Our hector-area correspondent has been finding out.

As an aside, hopefully it's not as bad as that one time I thought "I'll go get some milk" then decided against it.
At around the same time, a man was brutally murdered on what would have been my path to the shop.

Fun times.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #143311 on: March 07, 2019, 09:11:06 pm »

A friend of mine in town witnessed a SWAT team raiding their neigbour’s meth lab, so I guess there is some heavy crime. There was also a murder-suicide a while after that...
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #143312 on: March 07, 2019, 10:11:26 pm »

Apparently Woody Harrelson's father was a hitman. :o
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #143313 on: March 07, 2019, 11:14:26 pm »

An update on police presence:

Apparently “suspicious death” is too strong a description, but that’s basically it. Old person died, police aren’t sure why, autopsy tomorrow, performed in a town about 2 hours away for some reason.

I am underwhelmed, and chagrined I feel that way about someone dying.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #143314 on: March 08, 2019, 12:33:38 am »

New WTF: apparently my GP no longer works at the medical centre I'd been going to. It seems she was only there temporarily on "placement".
I had a bit of a moment of panic when told that over the phone just now. Now I guess I'll - - ah crud, I just realised I forgot to ask for a longer appointment like I was supposed to.
As if I'm not already feeling anxious enough about this situation, now I gotta call them back. 😅

Edit: okay, I sorted that. Booyah. Apparently it is "NO PROBLEM AT ALL" according to the receptionist.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2019, 12:36:59 am by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #143315 on: March 08, 2019, 06:29:33 am »

New WTF: apparently my GP no longer works at the medical centre I'd been going to. It seems she was only there temporarily on "placement".
I had a bit of a moment of panic when told that over the phone just now. Now I guess I'll - - ah crud, I just realised I forgot to ask for a longer appointment like I was supposed to.
As if I'm not already feeling anxious enough about this situation, now I gotta call them back. 😅

Edit: okay, I sorted that. Booyah. Apparently it is "NO PROBLEM AT ALL" according to the receptionist.
I read that as 'your GF', and was wondering exactly what kind of a relationship you two have.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #143316 on: March 08, 2019, 06:52:44 am »

My GF just finished placement, which was a bit of a pain.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #143317 on: March 08, 2019, 07:28:19 am »

I really love how F2P titles on Steam are always listed as 'in your library' once you've played them, but after you uninstall them you'll not be able to find them in your goddamn library and the only way to reinstall them is to find their store page.

WHY LIST THEM IF THEY'RE NOT FUCKING THERE STEAM!?!? WHY!?!?!
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #143318 on: March 08, 2019, 07:30:11 am »

My GF just finished placement, which was a bit of a pain.
Waiiit a minute... is your GF my former GP?! :o
Booze is Life for Yoink

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #143319 on: March 08, 2019, 01:00:59 pm »

So weve just got our favorite homeless alcoholic back this morning, just got out of jail in the next state over for god knows what. His first act upon coming home is to get totally sloshed, go looking for my supervisor (his bro, as he calls him, not reciprocated by the sober party) and threaten one of the female cashiers. So hes once again banned from the stores here on the reservation, the cops have made a warrant for his arrest, our orders are to call them if we see him. He never apologized for threatening me, so i have no problem with that.

Sometimes Its hard to believe some people are that stupid, until youve met them.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #143320 on: March 08, 2019, 01:08:49 pm »

So, I'm connected with my GF's mom on Facebook, and I've noticed she's the kind who likes to wear heart-patterned sleeves.

See, her second-youngest child has been diagnosed with Noonan's syndrome. It's not causing any outstanding health issues to my knowledge, and it's not immediately obvious when looking at her, but it's still one of those medical conditions that's worth keeping an eye on.

First of all, this has been used as a major pin when the mom is at odds with her daughter's vegetarian lifestyle, because Noonan's has been connected to certain nutritional deficiencies. So when the daughter tries to defend taking a more eco-friendly diet, the mom's response is generally some variation of "you are literally killing yourself".

Second, the mom has been doing stuff like updating her profile picture with a "I love my Noonan's-diagnosed child!" border and resharing "Noonan's fact a day" posts from some support/info group for Noonan's. Basically spreading it around everywhere.

The daughter was visiting over here last weekend, and I ended up asking her if her mom had asked permission/opinion at all before posting all this Noonan's-related stuff.

"No", she said. "I barely even get the chance to talk for myself when we're at the doctor's office."

I'm of the opinion that sharing someone's medical details willy-nilly as means of "supporting" them, without asking them about it beforehand, is honestly pretty shitty. But I'm biased, what with the same thing having happened to me.

So weve just got our favorite homeless alcoholic back this morning, just got out of jail in the next state over for god knows what. His first act upon coming home is to get totally sloshed, go looking for my supervisor (his bro, as he calls him, not reciprocated by the sober party) and threaten one of the female cashiers. So hes once again banned from the stores here on the reservation, the cops have made a warrant for his arrest, our orders are to call them if we see him. He never apologized for threatening me, so i have no problem with that.

Sometimes Its hard to believe some people are that stupid, until youve met them.
Reservation liquor store? Damn dude, you must've seen some shit.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #143321 on: March 08, 2019, 01:40:19 pm »

Its mostly just another retail job. We have the subset of like 10-15 people that come in every day to get sloshed, and most of them are also homeless, but theyre also mostly pretty nice up front despite their problems (but i refuse to "donate to the cause"). Theres one guy who beat up his mother, though, and i guess i just dont like him on general principle.
I think the majority of our liquor sales go to people out of state, like coming over from washington because the luxury/alcohol taxes literally double or more the cost of the bottle, and no, nobody likes that, and yes, everybody breaks the regulation washington state is trying to enforce to charge anyone carrying alcohol or tobacco across state lines, even when its clearly for personal consumption and not resale, with tax evasion. Which is bullshit and if i were a voter in washington id be furious.

But were also a gas station and automotive service shop, and the real assholes are the people that expect everything to be done for them on their time and their say-so, irregardless of what other customers we have or whether their request is even doable. Or propane sales. On the reservation, we arent technically obligated to honor the regulations that say we cant fill expired tanks, but my boss enforces that anyway, and everybody gets pissy with me when i tell them i have to refuse to fill their tanks. Especially the tribal government departments that use tanks that are from the 80s, covered in rust, and have never been inspected. They go and throw a tantrum because how dare i refuse to give the tribal government what they want, but lo and behold, we are also part of the tribal government (technically, somehow, i dont understamd it) and the boss makes the rules.

Honestly the smoke shop i worked at before had more crazy bullshit going on everyday. This place is just poorly managed and so old and run down it should be demolished.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2019, 01:45:54 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #143322 on: March 08, 2019, 02:18:38 pm »

My old laptop is starting to wear down, and even in its prime it wouldn't be able to run what I need for modelling and animation, so the other day I mentioned to my mom about maybe getting a desktop. She wants to go out and get one right now. I said no, since I haven't actually looked into it all that much, buts she's adamant that I must get one from a specific store, and complains about how I'm intruding on her schedule by asking to research it and go when I'm ready. Which, yes, I'm often the ass here, but even when I tell her that I can do things on my own, even as simple as walking home, she insists.

So I guess what I'm asking is, would anyone know what type of computer would be recommended? I wouldn't be allowed to purchase parts separately and build it myself.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2019, 02:21:36 pm by BlackFlyme »

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #143323 on: March 08, 2019, 02:36:36 pm »

Alienware, obviously. Tell her the face is an artistic representation of Jesus.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #143324 on: March 08, 2019, 02:42:52 pm »

I may not know as much about computers as my family thinks I do, but I know better than that :P
She isn't particularly religious, anyways.

For some reason, my mom seems to think I know everything there is to know about computers, and tells people that I'll fix their stuff for free. A few days ago, I was sent to help a neighbour figure out why her excel wasn't working, but only when she tried to put in numbers.

Her NumLock was off.
Pages: 1 ... 9553 9554 [9555] 9556 9557 ... 10974