Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9576 9577 [9578] 9579 9580 ... 10973

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 12995746 times)

Pumble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #143655 on: March 17, 2019, 06:27:54 am »

I saw a grasshopper sitting on top of a big moth outside today, and when eventually they jumped/flew away I also saw a little beetle had been underneath them. :/

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #143656 on: March 17, 2019, 08:30:52 am »

And there were almost certainly even smaller critters under the beetle, even if naked eye couldn't see them.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143657 on: March 17, 2019, 08:37:39 am »

There's a movie on Netflix, "Behind the Curve" about the people that believe the world is flat.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143658 on: March 17, 2019, 01:04:49 pm »

Woke up, some pre-breakfast browsing led me to discovering and then binge-watching something so hard that I almost forgot to eat breakfast.
Said thing was also Glitchtale, so now my feels are in a billion pieces as well.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #143659 on: March 17, 2019, 02:14:33 pm »

There's a movie on Netflix, "Behind the Curve" about the people that believe the world is flat.

A friend of mine described it to me as 'A perfectly neutral look at flat earthers, which still sometimes has little tongue-in-cheek moments to remind you that the cameraman and interviewer are trying very hard not to laugh.'
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #143660 on: March 17, 2019, 09:51:09 pm »

Alright, the exact value of 2/2835 written as a recurring decimal is 0.000705467372134038800, where the underlined section repeats.
I don't know, maybe I have some kind of obsession for writing numbers in ways that are not decimals.
you could right them using journalistic metaphors for how much distance the number would represent if it was in inches

"that's smaller than the head of needle" or such
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #143661 on: March 17, 2019, 09:54:22 pm »

Alright, the exact value of 2/2835 written as a recurring decimal is 0.000705467372134038800, where the underlined section repeats.
I don't know, maybe I have some kind of obsession for writing numbers in ways that are not decimals.
you could right them using journalistic metaphors for how much distance the number would represent if it was in inches

"Football Fields" may as well be a standard unit of measure.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143662 on: March 17, 2019, 10:27:57 pm »

Careful where you tread.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #143663 on: March 18, 2019, 12:33:18 am »

Since I may as well, 2/2835 or ~0.0007 inches is microscopic. It's about the thickness of a strand of hair.

Castlecliff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143664 on: March 18, 2019, 03:17:20 am »

That's what she said.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #143665 on: March 18, 2019, 09:26:28 am »

Went out to feed cats. Shortly thereafter the momma cat walked up with a kitten in her mouth and more or less dropped it at my feet. What exactly am I supposed to do with a less than week old kitten, momma cat?
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #143666 on: March 18, 2019, 09:29:05 am »

She might think that ones not gonna make it, or needs your help. Or shes trying to bring them all inside and she just hasnt wrangled the rest of them yet.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #143667 on: March 18, 2019, 09:44:27 am »

Yeah for now just leave it where she dropped it and see if she brings more, she might just be moving them to a new locaition, which happens to be at your feet.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #143668 on: March 18, 2019, 12:44:34 pm »

"Look here. Very cute kitten. 100% natural. Adopt please!"
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Khan Boyzitbig

• Bay Watcher
  • [THOUGHTS:CHAOTIC] [ACTUALLY A SWAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #143669 on: March 18, 2019, 12:48:28 pm »

One of the safest places for a kitten is under the protective gaze of a cat-loving (or at least feeding) human.
////;::;\\\\ Scuttle Scuttle...

Milk for the Khorneflakes!

Luminous Bolt of Bacon
"Excuse me sir, You are on Fire."
Pages: 1 ... 9576 9577 [9578] 9579 9580 ... 10973