Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9582 9583 [9584] 9585 9586 ... 10974

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 12999063 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #143745 on: March 20, 2019, 03:04:56 pm »

Maybe we've had it backwards this whole time, and it's the casul gamers who find Dark Souls a relaxing experience while hardcore gamrrs ragequit in the tutorial because it's too hard for them.
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #143746 on: March 20, 2019, 03:07:22 pm »

The real question is whether she is a casual genius, a casual nazi, or a casual waifu.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #143747 on: March 20, 2019, 03:10:37 pm »

The real question is whether she is a casual genius, a casual nazi, or a casual waifu.

Casual nazi n chill
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143748 on: March 20, 2019, 03:38:12 pm »

Casual nazi n chill

"Come on over baby, my SS Officer is ready to Sieg Heil."

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #143749 on: March 20, 2019, 03:42:26 pm »

VN: "What if Reihard Heydrich was actually immortal and had magic powers and anime shit?"
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #143750 on: March 20, 2019, 05:18:30 pm »

I am surprised nintendo has not released a version of zelda that has multiplay capacity actually.  Dungeon mechanics design could be radically more complex, if you could coordinate with another player in another part of it.  Each would have their own mess of stuff to deal with, but their progress is essential to the other players' progress, by activating parts of the dungeon.
Triforce Heroes has moments sort of like that: https://youtu.be/lryckPzm5ag?t=260

Nintendo wants players to interact more closely with each other, though. I think a game where players spend large amounts of time waiting for noobs to figure stuff out on their own is unlikely.

YouTube is giving me bizarre, irrelevant autofill suggestions. The first results as I type out "Triforce Heroes blazing trail":
Triforce Heroes blizzaga -> Triforce Heroes blazblue -> Triforce Heroes blazing saddles -> Triforce Heroes blazing thunder -> Triforce Heroes blazing trap -> Triforce Heroes blazing traduzione

Usually it's pretty good with suggestions.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2019, 05:24:52 pm by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #143751 on: March 20, 2019, 05:51:12 pm »

Firefox was taking up >6GB again so I gave it a restart.  Didn't bother to stop Youtube first.  After about 30 seconds (I was swapping badly) the windows were gone, but the tasks were still going, and the surprising thing:  Youtube started playing an ad!

I often run Youtube with adblock off, but had it on for this video.  I'm just sorta surprised that shutting down adblock let Youtube get an ad in, without having to restart the video or something (In the middle of a shutdown process!)
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #143752 on: March 20, 2019, 08:10:10 pm »

I can't decide whether that is amusing or terrifying.
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #143753 on: March 20, 2019, 09:30:39 pm »

Sometimes if I close a YouTube tab before it finishes loading all the way, the video will somehow start playing in the background anyway as if nothing happened. I think it's a bug with either Firefox or YouTube, because my adblocker was on at the time.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Magistrum

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #143754 on: March 20, 2019, 10:26:03 pm »

Known bug for firefox, it closes tabs visually for you to feel faster, but it finishes closing scripts in the background, so it might reproduce sound (and sometimes open links) before it is actually "done" with a tab. Happens in Chrome when it starts lagging or freezing too.

Another unrelated bug is HTML5 media not getting killed after closing tabs, and affects every browser I ever tried.
In a time before time, I had a name.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #143755 on: March 21, 2019, 06:06:21 am »

Maybe we've had it backwards this whole time, and it's the casul gamers who find Dark Souls a relaxing experience while hardcore gamrrs ragequit in the tutorial because it's too hard for them.

Well I stomped a mudhole in the the ass of the first 1/3rd of DS2 and I'm pretty casual so there might be truth to this. I was a mage.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143756 on: March 21, 2019, 06:08:19 am »

Well I stomped a mudhole in the the ass of the first 1/3rd of DS2 and I'm pretty casual so there might be truth to this. I was a mage.

Did you only play 1/3 of the game? It's my favorite DS, though that comes with the caveat of having to love a lot of warts and stretch marks.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #143757 on: March 21, 2019, 06:08:52 am »

Another unrelated bug is HTML5 media not getting killed after closing tabs, and affects every browser I ever tried.
the more i hear about or interact with html5 media the more i dislike it
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #143758 on: March 21, 2019, 06:32:02 am »

Did you only play 1/3 of the game? It's my favorite DS, though that comes with the caveat of having to love a lot of warts and stretch marks.

I think I got about halfway. I was buying the better Pyromancy spells from the guy on the boats in the cavern. Never got much farther than that.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Magistrum

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #143759 on: March 21, 2019, 09:10:41 am »

the more i hear about or interact with html5 media the more i dislike it

I mean, it finally ridded us of Adobe Flash Player man.

After all those painful times learning AS3. It's my childhood, you monsters!
In a time before time, I had a name.
Pages: 1 ... 9582 9583 [9584] 9585 9586 ... 10974