Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9621 9622 [9623] 9624 9625 ... 10974

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13005882 times)

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #144330 on: April 17, 2019, 03:44:59 pm »

So, I'm having a hard time being reasonable right now. I'm not sure if she just doesn't realize it or if she really does trust me, but my GF's iPad is left permanently propped up and open next to the bed. I see the screen blip on once in a while when she gets a text message, because of course it's hooked up just like her phone. Normally, this is fine... I just try and ignore the light changes in my periphery and focus on my own machine. It's worked.

Until tonight, that is. She's out drinking with some work colleagues, and I saw the screen was lighting up a bunch. I looked over, and it's her best friend messaging her in the traditional 50-messages-a-minute style. That's when I see "Celebrating not being something-something" (she just started her period), "So my assumption was correct!", and "Under 25? Is this jailbait?"

It's way too partial a part of the conversation, and there's probably definitely an innocent explanation for it all. Assumptions can be anything, periods are always a celebration of non-pregnancy, and she may just be noticing or admiring someone out on the town. It's fine. But it's fired up my curiosity, so I'm just sitting here telling myself to not punch her code in and unlock the damn thing to see the rest of the convo.

Personally, I find it highly unlikely that she's been or is being unfaithful. Not only has she been deeply hurt by being on the wrong end of cheating herself (we've connected before over our particular traumas relating to infidelity), but she's also not exactly a champion of intimate hygiene... However, I'm still fucking curious, which is a horrible curse of humanity.

I've also basically told myself before that, frankly, if she did end up getting some action on the side... Honestly, good for her. I'm sure as hell not tapping that, and it'd certainly make the inevitable split easier on my conscience.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #144331 on: April 17, 2019, 03:54:48 pm »

So, if you’re not that bothered either way, why are you getting bent out of shape by it?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #144332 on: April 17, 2019, 03:58:29 pm »

So, if you’re not that bothered either way, why are you getting bent out of shape by it?
That's an excellent fucking question.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #144333 on: April 17, 2019, 04:01:16 pm »

An excellent opportunity for some introspection then :p
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #144334 on: April 17, 2019, 06:08:34 pm »

An excellent opportunity for some introspection then :p
Low self-esteem is a hell of a drug.

Anyways, she's home now, two hours later than she'd said. There was indeed a reasonable explanation for everything. It seems that they'd managed to smuggle the not-yet-20 apprentice baker into the club along with them, and he had been making a ham of himself asking everyone to advertise to their available friends that he was single and ready to mingle (and 25 years old). Since GF's bestie is newly single, it was insisted upon that the offer be extended to her as well.

Now I just feel like an ass for considering the alternative. And for looking at the screen notifications in the first place.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #144335 on: April 17, 2019, 06:23:13 pm »

I might've broken my right ring finger.
Have the doctor fix it once you get the vasectomy, like a 2x1 promo?  :P

He's a urologist. So like. If it's not a dick or bladder... No dice.

But I see my GP before then so. Woop.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #144336 on: April 17, 2019, 06:27:36 pm »

He uses popsicle sticks, right?  ;)

Get him to tie one off.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #144337 on: April 17, 2019, 06:39:09 pm »

... I'm so confused and aroused by that last post.  :P
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #144338 on: April 17, 2019, 07:19:51 pm »

Now I just feel like an ass for considering the alternative. And for looking at the screen notifications in the first place.

So long as you don't act on them rashly, the possibilities that you consider in your own mind are your own business and nobody else's.
And it would be unreasonable to expect you to consciously ignore something that's literally just popping up on a screen that's facing you. Observation alone is harmless and very hard to avoid altogether.
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #144339 on: April 18, 2019, 01:29:47 am »

He's a urologist. So like. If it's not a dick or bladder... No dice.
But he works with bones, no?
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #144340 on: April 18, 2019, 08:35:40 am »

Jesus fucking Christ what in the frickity frack is this Microsoft Edge garbage?!   

Every day I discover something new to loathe about it. I should have installed Opera by now but for some reason I feel like part of showing appreciation for this new laptop I've received should involve using its default browser. Goodness only knows. To be honest, Windows 10 in general is friggin' horrifying.
I thought I heard they were bringing the Start menu back?? So much for that.   
I'm kinda glad the bootleg Windows install on my old laptop never received a free "upgrade".   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #144341 on: April 18, 2019, 08:43:58 am »

I'm... using win 10. At home, at work. There's a start menu. Functions more or less the same as the old start menu.

Win 10's actually been pretty painless, so far. No more frustrating than vista, mostly.

E: Can't help you with edge, though. What you expected from a renamed internet explorer I'm not quite sure :P
« Last Edit: April 18, 2019, 08:45:38 am by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Ulfarr

• Bay Watcher
  • Going on a pilgrimage to Mars
    • View Profile
« Reply #144342 on: April 18, 2019, 09:56:18 am »

I'm forced to use win 10 at work and I'm far too salty about it to ignore this >:( >:( >:( >:(

The start menu is horrible and cluttered with useless (cr)apps and as for edge at the very least I would expect that they wouldn't try to push me to use it by making it the default reader for pdfs.

don't take this seriously :D

Bring Kobold Kamp to LNP! graphics compatibility fix.

So the conclusion I'm getting here is that we use QSPs because dwarves can't pilot submarines.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #144343 on: April 18, 2019, 10:09:31 am »

I guess it's slightly better than 8.1 was: https://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2013/06/28/what-you-wish-for
But yeah it's still got a bunch of applets for some reason.  (The reason is they want to push their mobile crap, and they don't care that many/most people aren't interested)

Thankfully I'm able to stick with 7, at least for now heh.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #144344 on: April 18, 2019, 11:14:38 am »

I found out that "How to train your Dragon" was loosely based on a series of children/young adult novels.  It sounds VERY loosely based, as half the characters are entirely different.  Astrid is now "CamiCazi" (haha) and it features characters like Madguts the Murderous and Big-Boobied Bertha.  And Hiccup can speak the dragon language dragonese.   :o

Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout
Pages: 1 ... 9621 9622 [9623] 9624 9625 ... 10974