Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9630 9631 [9632] 9633 9634 ... 10974

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 12999054 times)

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #144465 on: April 24, 2019, 04:16:44 am »

Pfft I'm so old I stopped counting.  I don't want to get older, I'm perpetually 30 forever.

I can't look at mountains here.  It's florida, the whole state is one reasonably big tidal wave away from being entirely underwater.  So no Floridians have humility.  That explains Florida Man.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #144466 on: April 24, 2019, 04:19:57 am »

Go look at the ocean then, silly.
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #144467 on: April 24, 2019, 04:22:29 am »

That's like a whole 5 miles away, and there's sharks out there.  And presumably bears.  Because the ocean is outside and I hear there are bears in the nightmare realm of 'outside'.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #144468 on: April 24, 2019, 05:20:46 am »

I do not doubt that somewhere there are bears in the oft-thought-safe-but-actually-not inside too.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144469 on: April 24, 2019, 05:23:47 am »

I do not doubt that somewhere there are bears in the oft-thought-safe-but-actually-not inside too.

Are you saying there are bears hiding... somewhere in the nebulous gray area that is right in the middle of the door frame, where it is neither inside nor outside?!

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #144470 on: April 24, 2019, 05:43:37 am »

Are you saying there are bears hiding... somewhere in the nebulous gray area that is right in the middle of the door frame, where it is neither inside nor outside?!

No, that's where the man-tigers with ripping hands live.

He just means that bears are sometimes found inside you right now! Luckily, they are afraid of skeletons.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #144471 on: April 24, 2019, 06:21:30 am »

You want to learn humility, go look at a mountain. Human individuals don't get old before dying.
"We sit together, the mountain and me, until only the mountain remains" - Alpha Centauri Li Po
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #144472 on: April 24, 2019, 12:24:03 pm »

When I was at a medical facility for a visit to a psychiatrist, there was a man slav squatting near the window/end of a corridor. I almost giggled, because I had a conversation about gopnik culture/memes on the Discord once.
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144473 on: April 24, 2019, 12:42:30 pm »

I'mma just leave this here. That trivia section, too.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2019, 12:44:01 pm by Mephisto »

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #144474 on: April 24, 2019, 12:55:50 pm »

I didn't say that mountains are old, just that looking at one might instil something approaching the proper level of humility. ;P

FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

George_Chickens

• Bay Watcher
  • Ghosts are stored in the balls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #144475 on: April 24, 2019, 01:31:24 pm »

I have contamination and mutants in my brain
Ghosts are stored in the balls?[/quote]
also George_Chickens quit fucking my sister

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #144476 on: April 24, 2019, 02:00:10 pm »

I didn't say that mountains are old, just that looking at one might instil something approaching the proper level of humility. ;P

Carried out by coal companies in the US, because of course it is.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #144477 on: April 24, 2019, 02:08:36 pm »

Carried out by coal companies in the US, because of course it is.

Literally justified by the argument "This results in profit".

EDIT: It DOES say that they are required to basically put the mountaintop back when they're done. I'm sure that goes without a hitch ecologically. /sarcasm
« Last Edit: April 24, 2019, 02:12:46 pm by Dunamisdeos »
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #144478 on: April 24, 2019, 02:13:17 pm »

isnt blowing up rocks by coal seams how silent hill started?
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144479 on: April 24, 2019, 02:17:54 pm »

I just had to get my password for a mandatory (but almost entirely useless, due to complexity and non-terrible alternatives) in-house (but in the house of another financially separate) billing database reset at work. ~1 hour, partly because I called the wrong help desk, partly because only some of the password requirements are publicly documented, and only some of those are correct (it lists needed 3 of the 4: uppercase, lowercase, symbol, and number. I experimentally determined that the one not required is lowercase, the other 3 are always required).

Then I had to reset all Internet Exploder (because of course such a great program can only function in IE) settings before it would accept my new password, which requires restarting my work computer (>10 minute process sometimes).

Also, I have to be at work an hour late, because my apartment's janky wiring means my alarm clock gets reset randomly ~12 times/year, and power is frequently out long enough that a battery won't keep the time. At least I got to sleep in, and have a fridge full of beer waiting at home.

isnt blowing up rocks by coal seams how silent hill started?

Not quite, they dug underground and built over it, instead of just making a big hole. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Centralia_mine_fire
So about 4.5 hours of productive time lost, because I've used up my daily allotment of give a shit.
Pages: 1 ... 9630 9631 [9632] 9633 9634 ... 10974