Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9634 9635 [9636] 9637 9638 ... 10974

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13001984 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #144525 on: April 26, 2019, 05:30:11 pm »

Got in a minor car accident earlier, not my fault, I'm fine, car's fine, other person presumably similar.

Still feeling a little shaky over it and I have no idea why, given the above and a cop (presumably, given the other party got a citation for it) saying it wasn't my fault. I mean  other person even said it was their fault, I think they even said as much to the cop. I was late to work, but I called them and they were alright, HR manager even said "you've never been late before, don't worry about it".

I assume it's because I have to deal with insurance and people fixing the car and potentially having to rent another car while it gets fixed (dent in the bumper = $1300, apparently) and I'm not sure about timescale regarding when all this will get resolved.

Human psychology is silly.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #144526 on: April 26, 2019, 05:34:54 pm »

Car accident = Mentally associated with terrible hardship and injury.

Not that unusual, glad you're ok :)
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #144527 on: April 26, 2019, 06:04:36 pm »

Yeah, just because you didn't get hurt or worse from the accident doesn't mean that couldn't've been the case. Cars are bloody dangerous.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #144528 on: April 26, 2019, 07:08:11 pm »

You’re missing Wisconsin weather though.

It’s been 50s-60s all week.

9” of snow forecast for tomorrow.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #144529 on: April 26, 2019, 08:09:21 pm »

I left work and it was pouring rain with a fury which caused me to be unable to see with my wipers on at full speed.
I got home and it wasnt raining at all, instead having high wind.

I have a half hour commute, and the weather is always different at home/work.  There is a spot near the end of the freeway where I can see the change.  New England is rude.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #144530 on: April 26, 2019, 08:33:27 pm »

Still less stupid than that water-flusher pump thing for your nose advertised on tv right now. God thats such a stupid product. But oh yeah, its totally all-natural and thus perfectly safe to use so you gotta buy it and cleanse your nose daily (with pressurized tap water) for that clean nose feeling!
the whatever it is pot things? Something like nettle pot just... not that. I remember those strictly due to the noted risk of introducing brain eating bacteria to your insides.

Similar in concept to a netti pot, it is the Navage Nasal Cleansing system.

AKA, The home waterboarding kit.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PILIwaB_Yoo

"I used to have such a hard time getting the water into my interrogation subjects, but with Navage's powered suction, waterboarding has never been easier!"

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #144531 on: April 26, 2019, 09:53:30 pm »

So, I had a stupid thought earlier.

"I wonder if you could put hard candy into a cotton candy machine..."  So I googled it.

Turns out-- There's a machine that does that already.

THEN, I read the QA section-- "Can I put cough drops in?"
Man, I think I misinterpreted that - I was thinking they meant those actual cough syrup tablets, not Fisherman's Friend or some shit, haha.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144532 on: April 26, 2019, 10:58:46 pm »

Halls is a major name-brand here in the US.

Spoiler: Big image (click to show/hide)

They are essentially mentholated (and eucolyptolated) hard candies. Thus-- theoretically capable of being put into the machine.

Halls has a little "meter" on the side of the box/bag, listing how much active ingredient they put in that variety of drop.  The "Maximum" version is the "Intense cool" flavor, which comes in a black bag, and basically nukes the ever loving shit out of your sinuses the moment you pop one in your mouth. (Imagine placing a spoon full of vapo-rub in your mouth, but without the oily bits. Yeah. It's exactly that flavor.) This is the kind I considered maximally dubious to place into this machine.

« Last Edit: April 26, 2019, 11:00:32 pm by wierd »

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #144533 on: April 26, 2019, 11:02:30 pm »

Halls always remind me of pez for some reason.  Probably their square shape.

Cotton candy from cough drops sounds interesting.  I wonder how something like lemondrops or wethers caramels would work.  Oh! Tang flavored Cotton Candy!
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #144534 on: April 26, 2019, 11:23:27 pm »

Tang flavored cotton candy, eh. All we'd have to do is put japan in a blender and jam the results into the candy machine. we're in a new era of rei jokes, pass it on
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144535 on: April 26, 2019, 11:25:45 pm »

Sorry to ruin your fun kids, but the device's QA section outright says it does not do flavored drink mixes.

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #144536 on: April 26, 2019, 11:34:39 pm »

Look, doing stupid shit is the pinnacle of entertainment. The fact that the device might, like, explode, is just a side effect.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144537 on: April 26, 2019, 11:39:00 pm »

OK, let's go halfway.

Cotton candy machines extrude sugar. it's what they really need.  Solidified corn syrup works great, as does glucose rich cotton candy sugar. (Sucrose sugar does not do so hot in cotton candy machines, IIRC.)  SO---

We *COULD* produce a suitable hard candy to feed into this machine using white karo syrup, a sauce pan, some white sugar, and a candy thermometer.  We would pretend we are making something like peanut brittle, but without adding either salt or baking soda.  Instead, we add the flavored drink mix right at the end of the sugar cooking process. (We dont want to scorch the flavorings!!)

(EG, 1 cup white sugar, 1/2 cup white corn syrup, 1/4 cup water, heated in medium saucepan to 300F, or until hard threads of candy form when a ball is dropped in cold water.  Quickly stir in drink mix into melted candy emulsion once it reaches target consistency, then pour out onto wax paper or into candy molds.)

This is a bit labor intensive to do, but would open the door to "koolaid" flavors, Tang, and other flavored drink mixes.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2019, 11:42:13 pm by wierd »

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #144538 on: April 26, 2019, 11:39:45 pm »

Sorry to ruin your fun kids, but the device's QA section outright says it does not do flavored drink mixes.
so... what about flavored ice? Gotta' be some hard candy that tastes like Tang out there somewhere if that won't work.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144539 on: April 26, 2019, 11:43:38 pm »

Like I said, if you turned the drink mix powder into a hard candy yourself, it would then work.
Pages: 1 ... 9634 9635 [9636] 9637 9638 ... 10974