Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9679 9680 [9681] 9682 9683 ... 10980

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13141956 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #145200 on: May 23, 2019, 09:30:25 am »

Can I download this ‘nature-emulator’ on my lapto? Or do I need to download more RAM first?
You'll probably need to delete system 32 to make room for all the RAM you need to run the nature-emulator.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145201 on: May 23, 2019, 10:19:33 am »

You just download more RAM and then you can start playing /r/outside.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #145202 on: May 24, 2019, 12:16:21 am »

I just heard of a game called MegaCryptoPolis. I am equal parts bewildered and intrigued.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #145203 on: May 24, 2019, 02:51:04 am »

Man reports very unusual break-in.

Alerts authorities after rugs, bedrooms and bathrooms are deep cleaned; Toilet paper roses left in bathroom.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #145204 on: May 24, 2019, 02:54:21 am »

Fairies, dude.

Fairies.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #145205 on: May 24, 2019, 02:57:31 am »

Yep, definitely fairies. Better keep an eye on that firstborn of yours, in case they want you to repay the favour. Though the man suspects it was a cleaning service with a mistaken address based on the professional quality of the work.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #145206 on: May 24, 2019, 03:48:39 am »

Tomtar
Love, scriver~

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #145207 on: May 24, 2019, 04:06:43 am »

You'd think the cleaning service would step up and say,

"Hey so we did make a mistake and get the wrong house, but we did get the scheduled one cleaned too.  Just look at how awesome a job we did and we weren't even paid for it."

From the looks of it they didn't break anything and just came in through an unlocked backdoor.  Free publicity!

-----
In my own WTF I got some weird new obsession with designing quad mechs.  Been playing a lot of From the Depths, and a lot of Battletech and I guess the two games just merged together when it comes to my brain.  I even sketched together a couple designs on my lunch break at work, something I have not done since high school.

Sadly when I got home I discovered that Battletech (the PC version) does not have and will never add quad mechs (there is supposedly only 2 that fit lore anyway), and From the depths does not model ground friction making building any kind of functional walker in that game impossible.  WTF brain where did this weird inspiration come from?  I can't even think of any media where 4 legged giant robots are even a thing.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2019, 04:10:16 am by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #145208 on: May 24, 2019, 04:20:16 am »

"Hey so we did make a mistake and get the wrong house, but we did get the scheduled one cleaned too.  Just look at how awesome a job we did and we weren't even paid for it."

From the looks of it they didn't break anything and just came in through an unlocked backdoor.  Free publicity!
"Can you guys come clean my house? I can pay you in exposure."

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #145209 on: May 24, 2019, 04:35:22 am »

Obviously they wouldn't be working for exposure all the time, but if they got the exposure from a news story for work they already did, I can't see any reason not to take it.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #145210 on: May 24, 2019, 05:36:24 am »

Obviously they wouldn't be working for exposure all the time, but if they got the exposure from a news story for work they already did, I can't see any reason not to take it.
We'll * clean you house squeaky clean.

*probably, if we don't mess up the address and end up illegaly entering someone else house.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #145211 on: May 24, 2019, 06:11:49 am »

I can't even think of any media where 4 legged giant robots are even a thing.
I mean, star wars comes immediately to mind and I'm mildly disappointed you forgot it :-\

Beyond that, gundam has 'em, power rangers (and probably other sentai shows) has 'em, voltron has 'em, just for three more off the top of my head. Hell, battletech has them -- there's four legged argomechs, ferex.* They're not the most common things in the world but four leggers (or more; see ghost in the shell tachikomas for a mini-mech... though now that I double check they're four legged, too, just six limbed in total) are sprinkled all over the place in places where you find giant robots.

* Though now I see you sorta' mentioned that and I missed it somehow, whoops.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2019, 06:13:22 am by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145212 on: May 24, 2019, 06:35:19 am »

-
« Last Edit: November 21, 2020, 11:37:53 am by dragdeler »
let

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145213 on: May 24, 2019, 08:06:33 am »

Sadly when I got home I discovered that Battletech (the PC version) does not have and will never add quad mechs (there is supposedly only 2 that fit lore anyway),

The Scorpion, Goliath, and Xantos should all be available in the Inner Sphere and at that time, except they're old enough that nobody owns one. Theoretically the Scorpion LAM, but...

That's not the type of exposure they wanted.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #145214 on: May 24, 2019, 09:20:43 am »

That's not the type of exposure they wanted.
Aww, okay...

*Starts putting clothes back on.

Anyways, I was out on the town and got a bit drunk last night (and ended up posting a somewhat attention-seeking blip in the sad thread. I'm fine though, it was just late and I was drunk and I got a bit carried away with thinking about my life, as one does), and while I was at the local bar the New Zealand bartender said he needed to see my hands for a moment. When I put them on the countertop, he took a pen and drew a little smiley face on the back of my left hand. Then he cackled kiwily at his excellent prank. I took a picture of the result because I thought it was pretty funny too.

Today when I woke up, I posted the smiley hand picture with a caption about how I'd just gotten my certification for displayed excellence in being an customer... I thought I was being clever.

The results of that post have mostly been people either wondering why I was drinking at 10 AM (when the photo was posted, not when it was taken. Bar isn't even open at that time), or congratulating me on what they apparently think is an actual certificate. My grandfather's wife also liked the photo, because it was something I posted.

Genius is rarely recognized during the artist's lifetime...
Pages: 1 ... 9679 9680 [9681] 9682 9683 ... 10980