Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9681 9682 [9683] 9684 9685 ... 10974

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 12998323 times)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #145230 on: May 25, 2019, 05:35:33 am »

My experience with Navy Docs was that they couldnt find their left asscheck with a bag, a string, and a cold pack.

When they took my wisdom teeth they gave me 5 pre-emptive shots of Novocaine.  5!  And they still broke the root of one into 4 pieces and had to use tweezers.  I dont have a fear of needles in my mouth, but 5 of them and several tweezers in there and Im less than comfortable around them now.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2019, 05:37:46 am by pisskop »
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #145231 on: May 25, 2019, 06:17:51 am »

Poser just went out in the whole house. No easy to guess cause like weather or wind.

Losing power in the middle of a sunny day feels much stranger than during the evening or night, for some reason.
Love, scriver~

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #145232 on: May 25, 2019, 08:40:38 am »

Four legged giant robots?  Sky Lynx Approves!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I thought autobots couldn't fly...

Its less that Autobots can't fly and more that the original group that landed on earth can't fly.  They have the aerialbots and Jetfire and some space-worthy ones like Omega Supreme, Cosmos and Sky Lynx.  The Decepticons definitely do have more fliers in general though.
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #145233 on: May 25, 2019, 10:47:20 am »

My experience with Navy Docs was that they couldnt find their left asscheck with a bag, a string, and a cold pack.

I need to be honest here. I'm not sure what specific process is involved using a bag, a string, and a cold pack in relation to my left ass-cheek. I do innately understand the location of my own ass-cheeks (Just above 77.4W Longitude) without the aid of specialized tools, but this mystifies me utterly.

I should join the military.

Spoiler: My own WTF (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 25, 2019, 02:44:35 pm by Dunamisdeos »
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #145234 on: May 25, 2019, 12:09:03 pm »

Four legged giant robots?  Sky Lynx Approves!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I thought autobots couldn't fly...

Its less that Autobots can't fly and more that the original group that landed on earth can't fly.  They have the aerialbots and Jetfire and some space-worthy ones like Omega Supreme, Cosmos and Sky Lynx.  The Decepticons definitely do have more fliers in general though.

IIRC a classic Transformers episode involving both sides hijacking vehicles to somehow make more transformers (to sell more toys I imagine), and I remember Optimus being like "we're going to fight them in the AIR" and pointing vaguely at the sky.  Also, starscream was trying to steal an F1 car and really struggling to fit his massive limbs in the tiny cockpit.

There was also the DS transformers game that was based off the michael bay movies (the game was actually ok tho) which gave you the ability to scan cars and such and transform into whatever you scanned, though you had to stick to one form at a time.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #145235 on: May 25, 2019, 03:37:23 pm »

Glancing through old books remains something of a trip. The casual racism and sexism is a helluva' thing. Book on swimming (well, not drowning) technique cheerfully referring to women as "our future house keepers" (or something like that), cheerfully noting minorities are six times as likely to be "sinkers", etc., etc.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #145236 on: May 25, 2019, 03:53:45 pm »

Glancing through old books remains something of a trip. The casual racism and sexism is a helluva' thing. Book on swimming (well, not drowning) technique cheerfully referring to women as "our future house keepers" (or something like that), cheerfully noting minorities are six times as likely to be "sinkers", etc., etc.
I know that there's been some controversial research regarding different body types across ethnicities and the effect that has on various sports, but that's not "minorities" in general and six times is a lot higher than what's hinted at in the studies...

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #145237 on: May 25, 2019, 04:03:59 pm »

It was five out of whatever (think it was a hundred, but it's been a few hours and I was more concerned about getting near sixty year old swimming advice out of my library) for white men and thirty out of whatever for "colored men". The numbers for women were unmentioned and presumably whoever wrote the book didn't care enough to find out ::)

Mind you, if I'm remembering right, none of this stuff was, like, sourced or anything, so.

E: This wiki page mentions the 1963 book and some surrounding stuff. Came out of Georgia Tech. There was some hell of a thing illustrations in that book. Had one guy in the water with a noose around his head, another tied to the bottom of a pool.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2019, 04:11:58 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #145238 on: May 26, 2019, 12:34:22 am »

YouTube just will not show me a certain playlist. No matter what combination of search terms I enter, it will not appear. All the videos in the playlist will show up, other playlists containing the same videos in the same order will show up. But not this one particular playlist.

Internet was a mistake.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #145239 on: May 26, 2019, 03:19:14 am »

other playlists containing the same videos in the same order will show up
ooh?
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #145240 on: May 26, 2019, 04:02:21 am »

YouTube just will not show me a certain playlist. No matter what combination of search terms I enter, it will not appear.

If you can not find it, how do you know it exists? If you found it before, what if it was deleted?
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #145241 on: May 26, 2019, 05:23:54 am »

It's a let's play, and the channel always puts their LPs into a playlist as they are uploaded. I can get to it by going to their channel page, but it will never ever appear in search results that I can tell.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #145242 on: May 26, 2019, 05:35:21 am »

Somebody with lots of cash (ahem,  mean, somebody with Mafiaa associations) must have taken exception to it.

I REALLY hate that about how the DMCA is so heavily biased in favor of incumbent industries like that; Literally, they cannot do wrong with their fraudulent takedowns and strike requests. Even when they are flat out wrong about their claims, the only thing that you can bust them for is if they misstate who they claim to represent.  Really.

They could claim they own the rights to every piece of classical music ever put on parchment, as long as who they say they represent is who they actually represent, there is no penalty.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #145243 on: May 26, 2019, 12:38:12 pm »

I own the rights to slap you in the fing face mate.

- corporate boss being challenged on his fraudulent rights claims.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #145244 on: May 26, 2019, 02:22:31 pm »

Got to talk a bit with one of the other bartenders at my local place. She's always been there, but previous attempts to engage her in striking up a chat have ended miserably... I think that since I'm now single (and got myself cleaned up a bit in the appearance department), and she's separated, I now am worthy of her attention and conversation.

Good thing she's got the personality of wet paint!
Pages: 1 ... 9681 9682 [9683] 9684 9685 ... 10974