Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9731 9732 [9733] 9734 9735 ... 10974

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 12998966 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #145980 on: July 11, 2019, 09:56:49 am »

The first time I tripped, one of my friends must have been especially sweaty or something because when we went for a walk flies started absolutely swarming him, especially on his back where they all clustered in a roiling mass of black carapaces and it was a truly horrifying thing to see in that state.

Also we picked up an abandoned couch that another friend had spotted several blocks away. I'm not sure what horrors had taken place on that couch, but I'm pretty sure it was the source of the flies. Also it smelled awful.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
« Reply #145981 on: July 11, 2019, 12:13:19 pm »

I'm not even that unhinged by the standards of this forum, by the looks of it...
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #145982 on: July 11, 2019, 12:18:27 pm »

Yeah, this is a good place to go to redefine your standards of insanity thus that you no longer fall under them~
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145983 on: July 11, 2019, 12:20:00 pm »

Yeah, this is a good place to go to redefine your standards of insanity thus that you no longer fall under them~

Good news! You're not insane anymore. We cured you.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #145984 on: July 11, 2019, 12:30:48 pm »

Hooray! Shifting goalposts!
WHO KEEPS SHIFTING THE GOALPOSTS.
THE GOALPOSTS WERE THERE I SAW THEM SOMEONE HAS MOVED THEM WHO COULD DO THIS.
they are fixed to the ground how can this be
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #145985 on: July 11, 2019, 12:36:17 pm »

Ah but you see, it is not the goalposts which have moved, it is the ground underlying, flowing like blood.
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #145986 on: July 11, 2019, 01:07:24 pm »

Was having a dream where I played some weird-ass Civ V-like turn-based strategy game, where my (one-use, for some reason) sniper unit stationed in the Alps one-shot a tank unit in Norway.

This is the one of the two things* I remember from that dream, so I didn't post it in the dream thread.

*I was also eating some kind of soup with avocado pieces in it.
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #145987 on: July 11, 2019, 01:07:44 pm »

Ah but you see, it is not the goalposts which have moved, it is the ground underlying, flowing like blood.
Well just to correct you, there was never no goalpost
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145988 on: July 11, 2019, 04:31:03 pm »

Ordered a lunch bag off Amazon to replace the one I currently use. Good WTF is that I used the cheapest shipping option with an ETA of next Tuesday, and it arrived in less than 48 hours(faster than the most expensive shipping option). Bad WTF is that it's half the size I need, and actually smaller than the dimensions listed on the page... not by half, but still justification enough to return it. Good WTF is that returning it is apparently as easy as dropping it off at the nearest Kohl's store, and supposedly I'd even get the shipping refunded.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #145989 on: July 12, 2019, 10:37:33 am »

Was having a dream where I played some weird-ass Civ V-like turn-based strategy game, where my (one-use, for some reason) sniper unit stationed in the Alps one-shot a tank unit in Norway.

This is the one of the two things* I remember from that dream, so I didn't post it in the dream thread.

*I was also eating some kind of soup with avocado pieces in it.

damn millennials, like toast wasn't bourgeois enough, now it's soup you're after

know your limits you punks, stay in your lane

Are Mexicans the original hipsters? They were doing it before it was cool.

(Caldo Xochitl)
« Last Edit: July 12, 2019, 10:41:40 am by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #145990 on: July 12, 2019, 04:20:27 pm »

Women keep smiling at me. The only difference between now and the previous no-smiles me is I have been working out a bit, but I don't think it's made that much difference to how I look.... maybe I'm just more confident seeming or something?

Dunno.

((This post inspired by the McDonald's serving girl smiling at me while I sat with my parents and sister, and the ensuing gentle-to-violent-ribbing.))

Also, I would put this in the happy thread, but I feel more bemused than anything.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #145991 on: July 12, 2019, 04:28:16 pm »

Confidence usually ends up showing you that they've been smiling all along, and you just couldn't notice. Hooray!
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #145992 on: July 12, 2019, 04:36:16 pm »

Just having more confidence and smiling in general makes other like you more, on an intrinsic level.  Keep working out and keep smiling!

The difference between a Chad Dwarfyone and a Virgin Pisskop is good posture, a good attitude, and a smile!  . . . . . . and maybe muscles.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #145993 on: July 12, 2019, 06:04:58 pm »

Who said anything about smiling?

They smile. I look bemused.

If they're still there after my mind has time to send messages to my face, then I smile.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #145994 on: July 12, 2019, 06:18:24 pm »

Who said anything about smiling?

They smile. I look bemused.

Like this
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.
Pages: 1 ... 9731 9732 [9733] 9734 9735 ... 10974