Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9732 9733 [9734] 9735 9736 ... 10974

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 12999032 times)

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #145995 on: July 12, 2019, 06:22:24 pm »

Who said anything about smiling?

They smile. I look bemused.

Like this
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Be sure to smile afterwards
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #145996 on: July 12, 2019, 06:42:53 pm »

Ah, you lot are always worth a chuckle.

A cold, hard chuckle only very distantly related to a smile.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145997 on: July 12, 2019, 08:32:08 pm »

Was having a dream where I played some weird-ass Civ V-like turn-based strategy game, where my (one-use, for some reason) sniper unit stationed in the Alps one-shot a tank unit in Norway.

This is the one of the two things* I remember from that dream, so I didn't post it in the dream thread.

*I was also eating some kind of soup with avocado pieces in it.

damn millennials, like toast wasn't bourgeois enough, now it's soup you're after

know your limits you punks, stay in your lane

Are Mexicans the original hipsters? They were doing it before it was cool.

(Caldo Xochitl)
I mean, they did invent the avacado

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145998 on: July 13, 2019, 12:19:42 am »

It’s more that they rescued it. Avocados were designed to be eaten by large animals that were able to excrete the relatively gigantic seeds, including, I think, the woolly mammoth. After most such large herbivores died out, the avocados were unfortunately left without adequately-sized behinds to spread their offspring, condemning them to the evolutionary pile of failed ideas. Humans in general, however, have adequately-sized hubris for just about anything, so they began cultivating avocados for their own use, saving them from extinction.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #145999 on: July 13, 2019, 12:37:02 am »

Who said anything about smiling?

They smile. I look bemused.
Wow, that's hardcore. I generally panic for the rest of the day after being the target of an unprovoked smile.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #146000 on: July 13, 2019, 01:10:51 am »

I've had random strangers ask me to smile more, due to my autistic stone-facing.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #146001 on: July 13, 2019, 01:28:40 am »

Gotta love these facilities that are designed for geriatric old people without any fat in their skin-- Especially during the summer.

Either that, or they had a European architect design this building, because there is no goddamn AC in the main parts of the building, and it is 90+% humidity, and 80F+.

I am sportin' a faux turban made of a folded up face towel loaded with ice, and it's JUST enough to not be suffering heat stroke.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #146002 on: July 13, 2019, 01:33:49 am »

In previous versions of DF you could make yourself fireproof with controlled fire exposure by melting the fat off your body

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=54174.0
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

George_Chickens

• Bay Watcher
  • Ghosts are stored in the balls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #146003 on: July 13, 2019, 01:35:44 am »

In previous versions of DF you could make yourself fireproof with controlled fire exposure by melting the fat off your body

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=54174.0
It actually still kind of works. If you strip naked (so that nothing can light on fire or heat up too much) and melt all your fat off, you lose a lot of what fire can affect. The only problem is that you can still be turned to ash from heat that is too high.
Ghosts are stored in the balls?[/quote]
also George_Chickens quit fucking my sister

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146004 on: July 13, 2019, 02:15:50 am »

The molten lava diet is not my idea of a fun time, even if it probably would work (just with lots of kidney and liver complications from all that fat entering the bloodstream in liquid form).

I will instead just kvetch about the heat and humidity, while sporting a rag on my head.

Ulfarr

• Bay Watcher
  • Going on a pilgrimage to Mars
    • View Profile
« Reply #146005 on: July 13, 2019, 02:38:52 am »

I've had random strangers ask me to smile more, due to my autistic stone-facing.

Pull a Sheldon Cooper on them next time  :P :P
Bring Kobold Kamp to LNP! graphics compatibility fix.

So the conclusion I'm getting here is that we use QSPs because dwarves can't pilot submarines.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146006 on: July 13, 2019, 03:51:40 am »

-
« Last Edit: November 21, 2020, 11:28:13 am by dragdeler »
let

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146007 on: July 13, 2019, 05:46:53 am »

It must be post WW2 construction;  They were rebuilding from total devistation, and wanted to build something to fucking last, because they could not afford to have to redo it constantly, while everything else needed rebuilding too.

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
  • euphoric due to inebriation
    • View Profile
« Reply #146008 on: July 13, 2019, 06:04:03 am »

Woke up early in the morning to my housemate's cat yelling loudly. I got up, was about to go the toilet and then check out what's all the fuss.

That's when I looked at the floor next to my bed and something was not as it should be. There was something extra on the floor. I rubbed the sleep from my eyes, squinted, and looked again in disbelief. The cat had apparently decided to serve me breakfast: there was a dead bird on the floor, what the hell? Now, my housemate's cat is an elderly indoor cat, so there was a mystery going on here. How the hell did the cat manage to catch a bird indoors?

Turned out someone had left the kitchen window slightly ajar, and most likely the cat had been lurking there, breathing some fresh air, when an unfortunate bird had flown onto the window sill. And then *WHACK!*, the cat struck with its claws and caught the flying meal and brought it to me... Or atleast that's what I presume happened.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #146009 on: July 13, 2019, 06:33:32 am »

How did you react to the grim offering of the elderly cat, though? Did you observe due ceremony, and consume the avian flesh in full sight of the subordinate animal - thus validating the cat's social status in the colony by accepting the life it had to take, as ordained by the ancient laws of nature? Or did you scorn the sacrifice and discard it, condemning the ageing indoor feline to leave this world never having done enough to satiate the thirst for blood of its masters?
Pages: 1 ... 9732 9733 [9734] 9735 9736 ... 10974