Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9777 9778 [9779]

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 5810866 times)

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #146670 on: Today at 03:32:58 pm »

Taco Bell is delicious though.  Of course it isn't authentic, it's fast food.  Of course the rest of the world looks down their noses at it, Reelya.  I don't care, it tastes great and has a lot of beans, and it's cheap and fast.  Of the low-quality convenient foods industry, I think Taco Bell is near the top.  I don't eat out nearly as much as I used to, but I'm certainly not eating the wet paper of McDonald's or supporting Chik-Fil-A's bullshit agenda.  I'm getting some cheap tortillas full of beans, veggies and salt.

I live in a Taco Bell test market, which (besides getting all their experimental menu items first) means that Corporate puts a lot more effort into quality control and keeps their franchisees on a tight leash (so they can be sure that a failure of a test product is because it sucks, not because the staff cooked it in a dishwasher or something).

If I were starving to death, and a Taco Bell was offering a 100% off sale, I'd still walk past. Taco Bell is "food" in the same way that Jersey Shore is a thoughtful documentary.

Their sole virtue is that they do not use the demon-plant known as cilantro, so their food does not taste like deadly poison, despite being borderline poisonous.
My new 3.5 D&D campaign. Now Recruiting!
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #146671 on: Today at 03:47:28 pm »

Their little twisty cinnamon/sugar things are okay-ish. Not even in the same ballpark area code as proper whatever-they're-called, but okay. Pretty close to literally the only thing I'll consume off their menu, though, now that I've stopped drinking most sodas.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #146672 on: Today at 04:01:52 pm »

Ironically I can't stand their cinnamon twists, they're dry and too sweet!  Fortunately I found out you can switch them for guacamole :)

I don't understand why it's so fun to pretend it's "not food" and junk but whatever, they're not paying me :P
Pages: 1 ... 9777 9778 [9779]