Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9773 9774 [9775] 9776 9777 ... 10973

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 12997418 times)

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #146610 on: August 15, 2019, 07:31:54 pm »

Does that mean that you bought the manifesto of a murderous lunatic <...>

Close. It's an RPG and the guy had untreated schizophrenia. And I embellished a smidge. Otherwise, yes.

I lack a scanner. I'll see what I can do, which may involve going out and picking up a cheap scanner. At this point, I'm just hoping it's not a blank book or pure gibberish caused by printing out a malformed document - I did PoD the book straight from Lulu (no, not one of the $1000 ones), after all, so the printed and finished product may have never been inspected before.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2019, 07:36:05 pm by Mephisto »

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146611 on: August 15, 2019, 08:21:32 pm »

Yeah, the story checks out:

https://www.goerie.com/news/20180606/millcreek-homicide-defendant-declared-incompetent
https://rpggeek.com/rpgdesigner/113299/joseph-oberlander

The schizophrenic murderer and the RPG author are the same person. So, that's the factual part, the embellishments would be adding the SCP angle.

EDIT: In court he objected to being declared schizophrenic and said "The world is headbanger". This is a very original phrase. Googling it reveals only that one news site covering the story. Seriously, this bodes well for whatever is in that book.

Also

and heard one of the men say “You’re not a headbanger, stop banging on my door,”

A handwritten tag on a mailbox listed the occupant of another nearby apartment as “headbanger Joseph Oberlander,” police said.

Which links right up with:
https://www.bgdf.com/forum/game-creation/publication/milllllibbeegggginnninggg-agestorm#comment-78468

I'm a headbanger. I'm a Writer, Author, Singer(Artist), Master, Game Designer, and I'm an Artist in my own Right and I was in a D&D Club.

I'm the First One to Discover how to perfectly-balance a Table-top Rpg. I made a Perfectly-Balanced Table-Top Rpg. Game Module in Full.

Also, note that two people were posting in that thread promoting the game, but for the second account, he accidentally fell into first-person say "I" perfectly balanced the game in such-and-such a way. So it's clear the second account for a Mr Welcriel Wawdriqe was a sock puppet.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2019, 08:41:50 pm by Reelya »

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146612 on: August 15, 2019, 08:49:06 pm »

Also, note that two people were posting in that thread promoting the game, but for the second account, he accidentally fell into first-person say "I" perfectly balanced the game in such-and-such a way. So it's clear the second account for a Mr Welcriel Wawdriqe was a sock puppet.

I think I ran into a fnord. There were two people promoting the game on bgdf? For the life of me, I can't find the other.

Also, glad to have provided you with just a bit of entertainment on this fine evening. I hope the book lives up to the hype though I have a suspicion that it won't.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146613 on: August 15, 2019, 08:55:57 pm »

There were two people promoting the game on bgdf? For the life of me, I can't find the other.

Oh right sorry, looks like he was posting as Welcriel Wawdriqe the whole time, so probably his main account. My mistake, haven't had a lot of sleep. Got mixed up with another site I had open (the rpggeek one) which had his profile under his own name.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2019, 09:00:19 pm by Reelya »

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #146614 on: August 15, 2019, 09:07:12 pm »

Article.

So, this dude who figured out Bernie Madoff was running a pyramid scheme says General Electric is involved in a $38b accounting fraud, saying that’s worse than two similarly massive corporate scandals... but gave an advance copy of his report to a hedge fund and he will receive a share of the profits they get as a result of, presumably, short-selling GE stocks, which dropped by 11% on the heels of it.

Nobody beyond the GE CEO seems to have a problem with that, and I am unsure how this does not constitute some form of insider trading.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146615 on: August 15, 2019, 09:13:36 pm »

Article.

So, this dude who figured out Bernie Madoff was running a pyramid scheme says General Electric is involved in a $38b accounting fraud, saying that’s worse than two similarly massive corporate scandals... but gave an advance copy of his report to a hedge fund and he will receive a share of the profits they get as a result of, presumably, short-selling GE stocks, which dropped by 11% on the heels of it.

Nobody beyond the GE CEO seems to have a problem with that, and I am unsure how this does not constitute some form of insider trading.
It probably does, but its legal if you are rich enough

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #146616 on: August 15, 2019, 09:54:30 pm »

RPG dude kinda reminds me of Ne-- errr, He Who Shall Not Be Named.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146617 on: August 15, 2019, 10:24:29 pm »

Article.

Insider trading requires you to have access to non-public information, so it's not insider trading if he did the analysis on the basis of public information.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #146618 on: August 16, 2019, 12:39:03 am »

His analysis was done on public information, but the analysis is what was influencing the share prices, and he provided that to the hedge fund prior to it being made public.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146619 on: August 16, 2019, 04:05:43 am »

His analysis was done on public information, but the analysis is what was influencing the share prices, and he provided that to the hedge fund prior to it being made public.

That's still not a scenario covered by the insider trading laws. It's information he generated yes, but he's not an "insider" so anyone else could have done the same analysis.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #146620 on: August 16, 2019, 07:03:41 am »

I think I ran into a fnord. There were two people promoting the game on bgdf? For the life of me, I can't find the other.

Also, glad to have provided you with just a bit of entertainment on this fine evening. I hope the book lives up to the hype though I have a suspicion that it won't.

What's a fnord?
Love, scriver~

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146621 on: August 16, 2019, 07:16:45 am »

What's a fnord?
Same question here

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #146622 on: August 16, 2019, 07:45:39 am »

Wikipedia is your friend.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #146623 on: August 16, 2019, 07:48:07 am »

fnord sounds like a fnord, to be honest.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146624 on: August 16, 2019, 07:55:45 am »

What's a fnord?
Same question here

Wikipedia is your friend.

That. But for those who lack Wikipedia somehow, an explanation that is entirely too short and lacking in all kinds of context.

Fnords are everywhere. You can't see them. You were brainwashed in Kindergarten to not notice them and instead react with fear, preventing rational consideration of the work that the fnord is in/on. The government loves this.

I used it incorrectly in a manner attempting to be funny. I accepted that Reelya saw something but I didn't see it so obviously I must have been affected by a fnord.
Pages: 1 ... 9773 9774 [9775] 9776 9777 ... 10973