Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9809 9810 [9811]

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 5878096 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #147150 on: Today at 12:05:47 am »

Huh. Just noticed slay the spire's creator has explicitly acknowledged the reach heaven/through violence card is a kill six billion demons reference. Apparently they're actually a fan.

... I guess it's not that outlandish, really. KSBD's pretty well known. Next thing I know it'll be oglaf references or something, somewhere odd. I still get a bit of a chuckle at the Devil Went Down to Georgia nod in one of the Avernum games...
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • Foo, bar, quux, baz...
    • View Profile
« Reply #147151 on: Today at 08:09:19 am »

If DF dorfs were actually alive, then it's not just unethical to hurt them deliberately, we'd now have a ethical Trolley Problem, since the same harm can come to them with you not actually doing anything, just observing. If you left the machine running as the goblins invaded and killed everyone then you're just as guilty as someone who deliberately tortured the dwarves, since you could have stopped it.

You could avoid it by not running DF at all, I suppose.

I wonder if PETD guy is originally from that "is playing DF ethical thread" that got locked a while ago.
"Continue struggling, laws of physics be darned."
 - NRDL
"What, are you stupid or something? Every one of the snake's bones is crushed! Its internal organs are torn apart! There is no way you can - (6) You resuscitate the snake."
- Gatleos

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The universe is music and living's a dance.
    • View Profile
« Reply #147152 on: Today at 05:08:06 pm »

Huh. Just noticed slay the spire's creator has explicitly acknowledged the reach heaven/through violence card is a kill six billion demons reference. Apparently they're actually a fan.

... I guess it's not that outlandish, really. KSBD's pretty well known. Next thing I know it'll be oglaf references or something, somewhere odd. I still get a bit of a chuckle at the Devil Went Down to Georgia nod in one of the Avernum games...
Reach Heaven Through Violence is a card? I should play the new character some time.
Feel it pass through you. The cycle, they say.
Life, death, blood. The cycle of life. No way out.
Trapped, cornered, pained, bleeding. No choice now.
Let them see your claws. Let them see their cycle.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #147153 on: Today at 06:45:44 pm »

Yeh. Two part deal, actually. Reach heaven does some damage and shuffles through violence into your draw pile. Through violence was a 20 damage 0 cost exhaust, last I saw it. On a character that can potentially triple its damage for a turn, heh.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.
Pages: 1 ... 9809 9810 [9811]