Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9781 9782 [9783] 9784 9785 ... 10974

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 12999419 times)

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #146730 on: August 23, 2019, 11:29:56 pm »

Tbh, Kagus, I ghost my friends for weeks at a time. If a relationship is just starting out, a week of no contact might be normal. Just my brain thoughts.

No contact is fine. Ghosting is specifically not answering someone else's attempts to make contact, as is what happened when she vanished mid-conversation and then completely disregarded the "Hey" I sent a couple days later.

And getting stood up on a pre-agreed date, with zero explanation or apology for several days, is also pretty fucking uncool. Especially when the extremely-belated apology you do get amounts to "oopsie".
Agreed. Sorry if I bother, wasn't aware of the full context.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #146731 on: August 23, 2019, 11:31:59 pm »

I just wonder how I manage to find these people...

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146732 on: August 23, 2019, 11:38:07 pm »

I find them all the time too. You aren't alone. People are just generally awful.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #146733 on: August 23, 2019, 11:49:47 pm »

So, I learned that in Japan, Colonel Sanders is an official vengeful spirit capable of inflicting curses.

http://mentalfloss.com/article/87536/japanese-baseball-team-cursed-ghost-colonel-sanders

This makes me laugh. If the colonel can curse people, why hasn't he cursed the current corporate leadership of KFC for being fucking horrible, and letting the quality of the product slide so much? In life, the guy was a fucking stickler for that shit.

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/1970/02/14/kentucky-fried

Come on Colonel Sanders! Smite the corporate asshats! Curse them with impotence or something! :D

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #146734 on: August 24, 2019, 12:23:41 am »

He already has: Popeye's has brought out the competition destroyer.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #146735 on: August 24, 2019, 02:08:31 am »

I keep getting reccommended random ass reaction videos by YT on a daily basis. Not sure why or how it decided that nonsense like a history teacher reacting to sabaton or a vocal coach reacting to random metal songs would interest me but here we are. It keeps coming up with uninteresting bullshit and I keep scrolling right past it.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #146736 on: August 24, 2019, 02:21:45 am »

That's because you watched something in the past.
It has happened to me more than once.
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Ulfarr

• Bay Watcher
  • Going on a pilgrimage to Mars
    • View Profile
« Reply #146737 on: August 24, 2019, 02:44:02 am »

Or the algorithm is suggesting whatever is trending these days.
Bring Kobold Kamp to LNP! graphics compatibility fix.

So the conclusion I'm getting here is that we use QSPs because dwarves can't pilot submarines.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #146738 on: August 24, 2019, 02:47:39 am »

The last reaction video that I remember seeing was those kids/elderly/whatever react to stuff that was all the rage several years ago tho :V
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146739 on: August 24, 2019, 05:31:19 am »

So, I learned that in Japan, Colonel Sanders is an official vengeful spirit capable of inflicting curses.

http://mentalfloss.com/article/87536/japanese-baseball-team-cursed-ghost-colonel-sanders

This makes me laugh. If the colonel can curse people, why hasn't he cursed the current corporate leadership of KFC for being fucking horrible, and letting the quality of the product slide so much? In life, the guy was a fucking stickler for that shit.

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/1970/02/14/kentucky-fried

Come on Colonel Sanders! Smite the corporate asshats! Curse them with impotence or something! :D

I hear how bad KFC has become, and I think it's probably a bit better out here in Australia. KFC came out here 40 years ago when it was still pretty good, so local expectations are higher, and it's generally just as good recently when I've been there as it ever was. Maybe the type of cost-cutting etc you're talking about is in fact specific to the American operations, and overseas operations which predate that have just continued on doing the same as they always have, i.e. it's better.

Also note, that you guys actually eat Taco Bell, however after a short initial level of interest, that stuff failed in pretty much every other country. Australians will eat just about anything, but not Taco Bell apparently.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #146740 on: August 24, 2019, 05:46:23 am »

Australia, renowned for its world-famous cuisine such as

I haven't had KFC for a while, but it turns out that beans and rice wrapped in tortillas is pretty hard to screw up.  I wonder if the people who complain about Taco Bell aren't used to heavy bean diets.  They do go heavy on the sour cream though.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #146741 on: August 24, 2019, 05:47:21 am »

grilled shrimp

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #146742 on: August 24, 2019, 07:01:51 am »

I haven't had KFC for a while, but it turns out that beans and rice wrapped in tortillas is pretty hard to screw up.  I wonder if the people who complain about Taco Bell aren't used to heavy bean diets.  They do go heavy on the sour cream though.

We complain, because it is NOT real mexican food.

Compare-- Taco bell "tacos", with REAL tacos.

Taco bell "Taco":

ACTUAL tacos:

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #146743 on: August 24, 2019, 07:07:05 am »

I've never understood the shells... They're just as big in fake Mexican food here in Norway as they are in fake Mexican food in the states.

Completely useless food article.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #146744 on: August 24, 2019, 07:13:03 am »

Just 'cause you don't like hard shell tacos doesn't mean they ain't real tacos.

Mind you, I much prefer a good ol' burrito anyhow.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.
Pages: 1 ... 9781 9782 [9783] 9784 9785 ... 10974