Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9784 9785 [9786] 9787 9788 ... 10973

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 12997623 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #146775 on: August 24, 2019, 05:07:50 pm »

I think that's the name of the stuff TB's twisty things came from, sure. I'm not sure I'd actually call TB's whatever they are churros, though. Like, I've had fairly close to authentic/home-made/whatever churros before and there's no similarity outside of ingredients in a very general sense.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #146776 on: August 24, 2019, 05:25:19 pm »

They don't even label them churros, so no, but I guess there's a relation.  They're literally "cinnamon twists", very thin crunchy twists of rice/wheat fried flour dunked in sugar and cinnamon.  Not my thing.

And yeah cinnamon is fine!  Halloween is my favorite holiday after all, I just don't like things that are too sweet.  My housemate made some low-sugar lemon squares yesterday and I was very hesitant until I tried one.  It actually tasted like tart lemons instead of a cloying sweetness explosion!  That was fun.

On a different note:  When I mentioned this Taco Bell discussion (it's my favorite fast food and y'all keep calling it literally garbage  :'() he supported me with a fascinating rant about snobby Europeans, Brexit, and how I should reply with pictures of protesters to show y'all what's what.
so
that's a thing I got to smile and nod at today
thanks fam
i just want to eat shitty veggie-heavy burritos instead of shitty burgers and oversalted potato slices with sugar crystallizing in the tea

edit: and it may have been 7am after a night of drinking and DND, but I threw shade at Australia over this, so it's not like my hands are clean of that bullshit
« Last Edit: August 24, 2019, 05:35:46 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #146777 on: August 24, 2019, 05:34:31 pm »

Good soft tacos at tacobell. Well, not "good", but how the heck can you not like a taco you hecking snobs~
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146778 on: August 24, 2019, 06:06:07 pm »

I was helping some family members mill tomatoes to make tomato sauce by adding to the food processor, one of the people wouldn’t listen to me when I told them the food processor was full, so now tomato fife is leaking out of it because they didn’t listen, and the one who did it blames that they didn’t know, even though they were near the one who told both of us how to tell if it’s full to prevent overflow. We worked on cleaning up. There is a reason retaliation n tasks were delegated to certain people, so mistakes like this wouldn’t happen

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #146779 on: August 24, 2019, 07:11:31 pm »

Good soft tacos at tacobell. Well, not "good", but how the heck can you not like a taco you hecking snobs~

Well, last time I ate at Taco Bell, I nearly died of food poisoning. The times before that the tortillas tasted like they were wrapped in plastic, the meat had a in-the-fridge-for-a-week waxy greasiness, and the vegetables were simply missing.

When I said that Taco Bell food was borderline poison, I was speaking literal truth.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #146780 on: August 24, 2019, 07:34:57 pm »

Taco Bell appears to be like spaghettios.  They were awesome when I was a kid, but as a grown adult they taste like garbo
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146781 on: August 24, 2019, 09:50:00 pm »

I can't really comment, I've basically been raised on fast food and other unhealthy stuff filled with preservatives and artificial coloring,

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146782 on: August 25, 2019, 03:59:41 am »

I could never live off Soylent or whatever meal replacement the kids are using these days.
You know that stuffs made for people right.

Also I don't see whats so bad about Taco Bell, I mean its not the best but its cheaper than getting the authentic stuff and its better than McDonald's.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #146783 on: August 25, 2019, 05:00:45 am »

Not so!

The real deal is actually quite affordable!

Here's a local place.
https://www.zmenu.com/el-rodeo-mexican-restaurant-hutchinson-online-menu/

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146784 on: August 25, 2019, 06:33:16 am »

Okay I stand corrected, but its still not as bad as people make it sound, its not the best but its edible.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #146785 on: August 25, 2019, 06:34:36 am »

Real tacos are called tortillas and made in your kitchen
Love, scriver~

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146786 on: August 25, 2019, 07:37:51 am »

Tacos are made with tortillas, and yes, home-made ones ARE the best ones.

(The place I linked the menu to makes their own tortillas. There's a reason why despite being a tiny place, it gets 5 stars.)

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146787 on: August 25, 2019, 08:51:27 am »

The US is the strange one, vis-a-vis "Jelly"

Pretty much every other english speaking country calls what we call "Jelly", "Jam."

Here in the US, "Jam" has a special meaning; It's got bits of fruit in it, where Jelly does not. In the UK (and most english speaking countries), both are "Jam".   
In the US, we take it even further, and have an ADDITIONAL name for the stuff, if it also has the seeds in it. "Preserves".  Again, In the UK and co, "Jam".

The reason USA is the odd one out is that Jell-O is actually a trademarked name, but it spread to be the generic name. In the rest of the English speaking world we never had "Jell-O" so the name stayed as the generic jelly, which is a name going back to at least the 1700s. The hyphen in the term "Jell-O" is the giveaway that the name itself was derived from the word "jelly" in the first place.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jell-O
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gelatin_dessert#History
« Last Edit: August 25, 2019, 09:00:19 am by Reelya »

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146788 on: August 25, 2019, 09:12:47 am »

The US is the strange one, vis-a-vis "Jelly"

Pretty much every other english speaking country calls what we call "Jelly", "Jam."

Here in the US, "Jam" has a special meaning; It's got bits of fruit in it, where Jelly does not. In the UK (and most english speaking countries), both are "Jam".   
In the US, we take it even further, and have an ADDITIONAL name for the stuff, if it also has the seeds in it. "Preserves".  Again, In the UK and co, "Jam".

The reason USA is the odd one out is that Jell-O is actually a trademarked name, but it spread to be the generic name. In the rest of the English speaking world we never had "Jell-O" so the name stayed as the generic jelly, which is a name going back to at least the 1700s. The hyphen in the term "Jell-O" is the giveaway that the name itself was derived from the word "jelly" in the first place.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jell-O
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gelatin_dessert#History

Which is nothing I did not already know:

For me, that stuff is called "Jello".  (It's the major name brand for the product, which gained traction as the name for the desert, even though the desert is FAR older than the jello company. Jello made it easy to make, with the convenient "Add hot water then cool" packets, which transformed it from a thing only very rich people who could afford a dedicated cooking staff ate, into a commodity dessert.) I suppose more properly, it's a "Gelatin dessert". But everyone just calls it Jello.  "Jelly" is the stuff you put on toast.  For you, that's "jam."

This "Same word, very different meaning" leads to utter disgust when the topic of "Peanut butter and jelly" comes up.  Americans are like "Oh yeah, I ate that all the time as a kid" and people in the UK go "What the bloody hell is wrong with those Yanks?"

:P

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146789 on: August 25, 2019, 09:26:16 am »

Sorry, there were several intervening pages of posts between the quote i was responding to and that one. I didn't double-check every single post.
Pages: 1 ... 9784 9785 [9786] 9787 9788 ... 10973