Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9799 9800 [9801] 9802 9803 ... 10984

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13200218 times)

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #147000 on: September 05, 2019, 03:34:50 am »

Maybe it's the dead body in the basement?

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
« Reply #147001 on: September 05, 2019, 05:14:28 am »

So that person from earlier on who tried to guilt trip me for virtual violence is now saying that everyone should uninstall DF so "those people are not suffering for our amusement" or something along those lines. Jesus Christ.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2019, 05:18:00 am by MaxTheFox »
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #147002 on: September 05, 2019, 05:48:50 am »

I mean, condemning them to non-existence is somehow better? Surely the truly moral thing to do if you think they are genuinely suffering is to keep playing, but make their lives as fulfilled as possible?
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147003 on: September 05, 2019, 05:56:34 am »

Fascinating.  I wonder what changed in the environment to cause such a local concentration...

Check for Egyptian wise-men trying to one-up Moses.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #147004 on: September 05, 2019, 06:05:43 am »

Ugh, an infestation of Egyptians. Might want to call the exterminator.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #147005 on: September 05, 2019, 06:41:20 am »

At least if there were more Egyptians around it wouldn't matter as much if we were bald...
Love, scriver~

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147006 on: September 05, 2019, 07:32:35 am »

Huh, I helped my flatmate get a job by searching online. That's a happy but what makes it a WTF is that I literally got him a job online. As in, we looked up the first job on the list, he called the number, now he's got full-time work. Some people have the luck, right? Forget sending resumes and stuff, just ring the first goddamn number that pops up on the screen.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #147007 on: September 05, 2019, 07:40:21 am »

Huh, I helped my flatmate get a job by searching online. That's a happy but what makes it a WTF is that I literally got him a job online. As in, we looked up the first job on the list, he called the number, now he's got full-time work. Some people have the luck, right? Forget sending resumes and stuff, just ring the first goddamn number that pops up on the screen.
It's like I always tell ya! Just gotta get out there and hit that digital pavement!

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #147008 on: September 05, 2019, 07:49:17 am »

Instructions unclear; knuckles broken after punching asphalt.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
« Reply #147009 on: September 05, 2019, 09:29:49 am »

I mean, condemning them to non-existence is somehow better? Surely the truly moral thing to do if you think they are genuinely suffering is to keep playing, but make their lives as fulfilled as possible?
I like to think they are a member of PETD (People for the Ethical Treatment of Dorfs), with the same policies as their better-known animal-rights counterpart. Stop people from abusing animals dorfs by killing them all.
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

SquatchHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • A bit drafty
    • View Profile
« Reply #147010 on: September 05, 2019, 12:31:29 pm »

Had a weird fucking dream.

Quick back story, last few weeks I had watched a ton of anime and a few Japanology YouTube videos (a show about Japanese culture) mainly because I finally was getting in a better mindset of late.

So in the dream I was working at an engineering firm as a prototype machinist and we just got a contract with a Japanese firm to build a couple of things (I don't work at an engineering firm FYI). I originally was delegated to the menial jobs for that project, which I didn't care because it had to be done. After a few meetings between the two head engineers from the Japanese company and the team working on the job I suddenly was able to do more. I figured it was an increase of pace in the timeline so didn't think much of it.

Now the dream fast forwards a bit to where the two companies had merged and I was one of the few machinists left. Most of the others could not handle the culture gap and just rather make parts. I liked what the job entails either way and stuck it out.

Now I am working under the supervision of the Japanese engineer who was the original designer of the project. He was surprised by my knowledge of both my skills and of Japanese culture. Apparently not many American machinists he has meet even watch anime let alone know a basic knowledge of their culture.

Near the end of the dream, I got in an argument with a lower level engineer that was sore about me being so heavily involved with his supervisor's project and couldn't understand why his boss liked me so much. He goated me into a little political talk which he was surprised to hear my thoughts. He wasn't expecting someone to look at politics as an abstract thought instead of being a personal thought which would bring about an emotional backlash. I was talked to by my supervisor after and I did admit I was a little pissed about the guy trying to get a rise out of me. I just want to get the job done correctly and the understudy hated my guts.

Come to find out the supervisor was saying praises about me to the other engineer about how I was able to do more than an average machinist and for a random American that was able to understand how to handle the Japanese mindset. That's where it ended but I had a feeling that I was about to ask the other engineer exactly how he felt about me and why he wanted to fuck with my job when we were in it together.

Only reason why this dream made me go wtf was how realistic it felt.
That's technically an action, not a speech... Well it was only a matter of time before I had to write another scene of utter and horrifying perversion.

King of Candy Island.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147011 on: September 05, 2019, 01:05:52 pm »

My dreams tend to be either very mundane or very weird, at least the ones I remember. I don’t know what I do different on the nights where I remember dreams or the ones I don’t.

SquatchHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • A bit drafty
    • View Profile
« Reply #147012 on: September 05, 2019, 02:02:49 pm »

I get tons of weird dreams any time I eat mushrooms, the culinary kind, I remember about half. I am starting a dream journal for all the dreams just for laughs. I don't think there's any real meaning behind 99%of them and any precogs are vague and have more emotion attached to them.
That's technically an action, not a speech... Well it was only a matter of time before I had to write another scene of utter and horrifying perversion.

King of Candy Island.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147013 on: September 05, 2019, 02:29:41 pm »

I understand dreams are the brain’s ramblings, that doesn’t make them less interesting to recall

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #147014 on: September 05, 2019, 09:35:22 pm »

i have come to the inevitable conclusion that a person's feet reflect their true 'essence'.  At least as far as my cat and its interest in rubbing on them is concerned.  When given a choice, it prefers my feet to my hands to rub its face on, indicating that the feet are more important to identity.

It also enjoys catching my forearm and cleaning it raw with its tongue.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!
Pages: 1 ... 9799 9800 [9801] 9802 9803 ... 10984