Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9817 9818 [9819] 9820 9821 ... 10973

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 12997890 times)

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #147270 on: September 16, 2019, 06:16:35 pm »

Bay12: Where babies are tossed to rabid dogs while people complain about killing kobolds.
Bay12: The nicest group of people you'll ever find that would happily toss children under closing drawbridges.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2019, 06:18:25 pm by pikachu17 »
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #147271 on: September 16, 2019, 06:17:57 pm »

Little Baby Meatshield(tm)  does not perform as well in recent versions of the game though.

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
« Reply #147272 on: September 16, 2019, 09:07:31 pm »

Bay12: Where you can get laughed at for trying to stop a killing spree.
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147273 on: September 16, 2019, 09:39:37 pm »

Little Baby Meatshield(tm)  does not perform as well in recent versions of the game though.
"Why isn't this baby blocking all these hits, it must be defective."
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #147274 on: September 16, 2019, 09:42:36 pm »

I would really like it if dwarves did put down their infant in the armory, or some sort of 'infant stockpile', before they went out to murder.

You could even add in toys, and chests, and the like to said stockpile.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147275 on: September 16, 2019, 11:21:33 pm »

When you say 'infant stockpile' do you mean a box you put all the babies in?
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #147276 on: September 16, 2019, 11:28:35 pm »

When you say 'infant stockpile' do you mean a box you put all the babies in?
So it's basically a cage, but you can put babies into it?

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #147277 on: September 16, 2019, 11:30:57 pm »

I mean some kind of nursery, as an involved alternative, or literal dumping zone for infants.

A room, even just the barracks the dwarf is assigned to, where little McBeanbag is stuffed into while mommy goes and tries to get herself killed.  Infants in general could benefit from it, as haulers could drag them back to the stockpile/dump/nursery when they stray.  and it gives some actual control over their meandering.

Although, now that you mention it, kobolds do have what I presume is a hack to allow them to stuff babies into bags, so why not a box of baby dwarves?  Maybe we can have stories of how they were accidentally sold to the elves for whatever fruity wine they have.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2019, 11:32:30 pm by pisskop »
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #147278 on: September 17, 2019, 12:40:13 am »

I mean some kind of nursery, as an involved alternative, or literal dumping zone for infants.

A room, even just the barracks the dwarf is assigned to, where little McBeanbag is stuffed into while mommy goes and tries to get herself killed.  Infants in general could benefit from it, as haulers could drag them back to the stockpile/dump/nursery when they stray.  and it gives some actual control over their meandering.

Although, now that you mention it, kobolds do have what I presume is a hack to allow them to stuff babies into bags, so why not a box of baby dwarves?  Maybe we can have stories of how they were accidentally sold to the elves for whatever fruity wine they have.
A box of babies isn't really that farfetched. We humans call them "cribs." Have numerous "baby cage traps" in one room, hopefully presided over by a nurse? That's a nursery, which is just a box full of baby boxes.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147279 on: September 17, 2019, 01:03:47 am »

A box of babies isn't really that farfetched. We humans call them "cribs." Have numerous "baby cage traps" in one room, hopefully presided over by a nurse? That's a nursery, which is just a box full of baby boxes.
That is an interesting way of thinking about places

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #147280 on: September 17, 2019, 01:05:20 am »

Being Human, a Guide;

Step 1: put everything in boxes.
Step 2: put the boxes in boxes.
Step 3: ???
Step 4: have an existential crisis when things inevitably don't fit neatly in the boxes you made for them. Get drunk and cry.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #147281 on: September 17, 2019, 03:47:01 am »

Step 5: die of ennui and be buried in a box.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #147282 on: September 17, 2019, 08:17:50 am »

It would be nice to have nurseries just not for war babies but children in general. Combine with burrows to make "safety zones" for them to retreat to during battles or sieges a la Helm's Deep.

But yes as iconic as the Battle-Bred Babies of DF is I really think the game could use a nursery function. Both for dwarves to temporarily leave their babies at (in case of violence) and for nobles to be assholes about child rearing with (lol take care of my own offspring? You must be joking).

Then again I would also give children an inclination to want to hang around their parents and make them able to learn their parents' professional skills by proxy from being present while the parent work. Maybe have them limited to some low skill level but then make their parents work a little faster by having them around (simulating them helping in the workshop).
Love, scriver~

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147283 on: September 17, 2019, 08:21:01 am »

That sounds cool

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #147284 on: September 17, 2019, 08:32:28 am »

Your home is a box. Your car is a box on wheels. You drive to work in it. You drive home in it. You sit in your home, staring into a box. It erodes your soul, while the box that is your body inevitably withers... then dies. Whereupon it is placed in the ultimate box, to slowly decompose.
Quote from The Box (2009)
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*
Pages: 1 ... 9817 9818 [9819] 9820 9821 ... 10973